Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-16-2012   #1
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 131049 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Week 3 VS Broncos. Lets Predict :)

OK i know its early again but it worked so well against the jags . I say

Texans 34

Broncos 13

(OK here at work at 3:30 AM after a whopping 2 hours of sleep i change my predicition after what seemed to be a revelation between closing my eyes and then opening them right back up to come to work, i got a large boost of Homerism )
Manning gave us hell when he was with the colts, but DONT FORGET he hasnt played against the texans revamped defense.

And I expect AJ and the passing game will play a big factor next week as i dont see us taking a early and commanding lead.

Last edited by EllisUnit; 09-17-2012 at 04:39 AM.
EllisUnit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #2
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 3 VS Broncos. Lets Predict :)

28 Houston
21 Denver

Final score in overtime. The Texans Vs. Manning rivalry is reborn.

Seriously though, the key matchup here will be Kareem Vs. Decker. Manning threw equally to Thomas and Decker, and he went to Decker a couple of times in the endzone, Manning will surely test Jackson more than Joseph.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #3
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict I will know more after seeing Denver tomorrow night.

I don't like it though, I think it will be close, but it is hard to go and win in Denver.

I will update more.

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #4
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3891 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

35-0 blow out W for Houston.
Old 09-16-2012   #5
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Denver 31
Texans 10
Peyton still sees us as his *****. He scores early and often then kubiaks gameplan
goes out the window. Schaub forced to play catchup and fails. Early thoughts, thats all
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Possible preview of the AFC Championship game.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #7
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 131049 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Denver 31
Texans 10
Peyton still sees us as his *****. He scores early and often then kubiaks gameplan
goes out the window. Schaub forced to play catchup and fails. Early thoughts, thats all
hmmm since phillip came here the Defense has been way better than what Peyton was used to seeing from us. Even so i see us scoring more than 10.

Man we have some mood killers here...
Old 09-16-2012   #8
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
hmmm since phillip came here the Defense has been way better than what Peyton was used to seeing from us. Even so i see us scoring more than 10.

Man we have some mood killers here...
Not mood killing. Wades first shot at Peyton and I don't think Peyton fears wade. He has tools and a nice D. Just being reasonable against a qb who has always kicked our ass
Old 09-16-2012   #9
sandmanx
Veteran

Rep Power: 2264 sandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 27
Broncos 24

I think the Texans are the better team, but playing on the road is tough. I'll be interested to see how bitchboy Manning looks tomorrow, but I think he was a bit overhyped in week 1.
sandmanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #10
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Not mood killing. Wades first shot at Peyton and I don't think Peyton fears wade. He has tools and a nice D. Just being reasonable against a qb who has always kicked our ass
I dont think the Broncos D is better than ours and i dont think the broncos O is better than ours.

Just my opinion but we match up well if not better
Old 09-16-2012   #11
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
28 Houston
21 Denver

Final score in overtime. The Texans Vs. Manning rivalry is reborn.

Seriously though, the key matchup here will be Kareem Vs. Decker. Manning threw equally to Thomas and Decker, and he went to Decker a couple of times in the endzone, Manning will surely test Jackson more than Joseph.
What rivalry??? It's been a one sided affair. This is going to be a tough test for us. Good thing is that we haven't hit our stride yet offensively or defensively yet. Broncos looked awesome against the Steelers the other night, but it'll be interesting to see if Manning can have a repeat performance. I think it'll be a close game up in Denver and the thin air might have an adverse affect on our players. Arian and Tate are key to this game imo. Keep Manning off the field. As for the prediction, I'm going with my heart: 21-17 Texans. My head says this will be our first loss. I hope my head is wrong.

Last edited by Nawzer; 09-16-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Nawzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #12
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I dont think the Broncos D is better than ours and i dont think the broncos O is better than ours.

Just my opinion but we match up well if not better
Peyton > schaub. Peyton > kubiak. I hope I'm wrong but I see a loss here on the road. Plus the hype machine will be running if Broncos are 2-0 also.
Old 09-16-2012   #13
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

21-17 Texans.
Old 09-16-2012   #14
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Peyton > schaub. Peyton > kubiak. I hope I'm wrong but I see a loss here on the road. Plus the hype machine will be running if Broncos are 2-0 also.
I hope they are 2-0. two power houses slugging it out......Tired of these blow outs TBH. Need one to get my blood pumping ....as long as we still get a win.
Old 09-16-2012   #15
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34365 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

This will be a real tough one. I consider the broncos one of the best teams of the league and Manning always looks good against us. Plus it's in Denver. I'm gonna say 21-17 Texans. Can't wait for a real test now, neither the Jags nor the Dolphins gave us a challenge...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

One more time I call upon Clubber's power

"My Prediction?"

"Pain"
Old 09-16-2012   #17
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41343 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 316
Broncos -6
TEXAN SUPERFAN!
Old 09-16-2012   #18
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

I think there's a 50/50 chance of seeing a scene from the Longest Yard:

I think he broke his fricken neck!!!

Peyton carved up those crappy 4-3 defenses under Bush; he hasn't seen Wade's blitzkieg defense yet.

24-17 Texans Win!
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #19
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we are easily the more talented team. The fact that the game is in Denver and their QB is Peyton Freaking Manning makes me feel very unsure about the outcome.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #20
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was a little nervous for the Dolphins just because it was the first game I think and you never know.

The Jags I was sure we would whip them good.

The Peytco's scare me, purely because of Manning.

I had this game down as one we would lose when predicting our record, but stuff that.

Texans 37
Broncos 20

Kubiak opens the playbook and we get the ball downfield some.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read