Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2012   #61
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18764 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub or Luck for the rest of this season ONLY.

I'd rather have RG3 over Luck.
Old 09-18-2012   #62
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
I'd rather have RG3 over Luck.
Yeah I have been thinking if I gave the choices as Matt, or Griffin would the response change?

Decided against it, but since you brought it up????

Matt or Griffin??
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #63
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 09-18-2012   #64
HollaIFyaHEMI
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Yeah I have been thinking if I gave the choices as Matt, or Griffin would the response change?

Decided against it, but since you brought it up????

Matt or Griffin??
Dude, I so want that guy who destroyed those powerful defenses in NO and STL
HollaIFyaHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #65
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Matt or Griffin??
How is that even a question?

Griffin III hands down.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #66
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I know you hate TJ, but c'mon, he's at least won a playoff game and Luck has a mere two pro games under his belt. I think it's a valid debate that does not merit a homer-blast.
Dude you've got to be kidding me. Yates is nothing but a career back up that would get laughed at in any conversation outside of Houston if any of you tried comparing him to Luck. Luck is well on his way to being a top 10 QB by next season if not this season possibly. THeir names should never even be in the same sentence. I can't believe you would defend such a ridiculous notion honestly. I don't care if Luck was still a sophmore. He is a 100 times the QB that Yates will ever be and within a year or so he'll be a better QB then Schaub most likely. But Yates?? That isn't even debatable for any rationale football conversation. Not at all. And I don't hate him. I just hate the homerish nonsense about TJ yates being anything other then a perennial back up on the Texans. People on this site seem to really overrate certain Texans players. I know it's a Texans site, but objectivity should be still be of importance here.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #67
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Shouldnt be a debate at all.

Anyone who knows the game takes Yates.
And you clearly are having trouble here. If Yates had anywhere near that type of potential for even one year, people from all over the league would say that Yates needed to start over Schaub. Yates is a guy that might not have been drafted if it wasn't for the interest in the Texans in their 6th round. He didn't show anything close to suggest that he could make the kind of plays needed to go all the way. Luck is arguably top 15 already to me just from watching the guy. Yates is a career back up that killed the Texans in the playoffs when his arm was needed.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2012   #68
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I know you hate TJ, but c'mon, he's at least won a playoff game and Luck has a mere two pro games under his belt. I think it's a valid debate that does not merit a homer-blast.

In Yates win he was 11/20 for 159 yards 1 td so we can't act like he killed it,it would seem to me that foster with 153 rushing yards rushing and our d helped win us the game and Yates played an okay game which means he didn't goof up bad enough to lose.
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #69
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
And you clearly are having trouble here. If Yates had anywhere near that type of potential for even one year, people from all over the league would say that Yates needed to start over Schaub. Yates is a guy that might not have been drafted if it wasn't for the interest in the Texans in their 6th round. He didn't show anything close to suggest that he could make the kind of plays needed to go all the way. Luck is arguably top 15 already to me just from watching the guy. Yates is a career back up that killed the Texans in the playoffs when his arm was needed.
It's been a while so refresh my memory. Who got us into the playoffs to begin with? I don't recall it being luck or lucky. It looked like skill to me.

But then, that's just me.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #70
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
It's been a while so refresh my memory. Who got us into the playoffs to begin with? I don't recall it being luck or lucky. It looked like skill to me.

But then, that's just me.

Who got us into the playoffs? Our defense and running game.
Old 09-18-2012   #71
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow. No love for Yates. Yates did a fine job last year under the pressure of a franchise starving for a playoff berth WITH Bud's team nipping at their heels. Losing the division to Tennessee last year would have been a catastophic blow to the Texans and their fans.

With all that Yates sailed down the Cincinnati field - with help of a flag or two - to seal the deal.

I get this is a Luck vs Yates thing, but I've seen more Yates and I'm biased. Luck is better, but Yates made my year last year, screw Luck.

I remember what you did, TJ, thanks!!
Old 09-18-2012   #72
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Wow. No love for Yates. Yates did a fine job last year under the pressure of a franchise starving for a playoff berth WITH Bud's team nipping at their heels. Losing the division to Tennessee last year would have been a catastophic blow to the Texans and their fans.

With all that Yates sailed down the Cincinnati field - with help of a flag or two - to seal the deal.

I get this is a Luck vs Yates thing, but I've seen more Yates and I'm biased. Luck is better, but Yates made my year last year, screw Luck.

I remember what you did, TJ, thanks!!

Sailed down the field to seal the deal? We were winning 17-10 at the half 24-10 after the 3rd and won 31-10 so let's not make out some game defining drive by yates
Old 09-18-2012   #73
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollaIFyaHEMI View Post
If you mean Andrew Luck, the guy who threw 3 picks vs the Bears, and followed it up with an ok performance against a defense that made Blaine Gabbert look like a pro, then oh yeah....I want him THIS year over Schaub.
Now THIS is how you make a splash when new to the message board.

You had a post somewhere else that enjoyed a lot too.

Good posts, Hemi!!!
Old 09-18-2012   #74
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Sailed down the field to seal the deal? We were winning 17-10 at the half 24-10 after the 3rd and won 31-10 so let's not make out some game defining drive by yates
Geezus man. Go back and read the post and see I'm talking about the clincher in Cincinnati. Why else would I include Tennessee and starving for a playoff berth in the post?

20-19, December 11, 2011 in case you are wondering.
Old 09-18-2012   #75
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I uh sort of have to scale back my Yates fervor.

I had thought that IF we didn't have Schaub, that Yates would look like a better QB by virtue of a full offseason and full camp.

I don't know why, but he looked worse in preseason this year. I don't care if he had scrubs alongside him...he was playing AGAINST scrubs across from him, and he didn't do anything special or even remotely competent.

I also thought Jacoby Jones, heading into 2011, was going to have a breakthrough year. Wrong.

I root for no player anymore because of that. LOL.

Schaub is not perfect, but he's the best QB in the AFCS. You can tell he knows that all he has to do is stay smart. He has a focus right now that can end up being a huge "it" factor.
Old 09-18-2012   #76
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
DUDE!! I'm all woodied up!!

If "if" were a fifth, we'd all be effed up!!! I'll take George Blanda FTW!!!!
Old 09-18-2012   #77
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone else think that Luck talks like the Sloth from The Goonies?
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #78
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 223239 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I uh sort of have to scale back my Yates fervor.

I had thought that IF we didn't have Schaub, that Yates would look like a better QB by virtue of a full offseason and full camp.

I don't know why, but he looked worse in preseason this year. I don't care if he had scrubs alongside him...he was playing AGAINST scrubs across from him, and he didn't do anything special or even remotely competent.
QFT!!!

If Yates was "all that" he should have lifted the level of play of those "scrubs" around him during those P/S games. He didn't. And when you think about it, our 2nd team isn't all that bad... Ben Tate/Justin Forsett @ RB, Jean & KMart (sometimes) at WR, Garrett Graham @ TE... dude had some weapons... didn't seem to use them properly. One full year plus a full set of OTAs/training camp sessions in our system AND, as some have pointed out, four years of college ball in a similar system. Yet no appreciable progress this preseason. Tex is right, if the light doesn't come on soon, Yates is staring at being catagorized as a career backup.

No way I pick him over Schaub for this season.

And the Yates vs. Luck comparison cannot be for one season only, both are too young. They would represent the future. So if Schaub was hurt such that we had to make that choice, it would be Luck in a landslide.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #79
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Geezus man. Go back and read the post and see I'm talking about the clincher in Cincinnati. Why else would I include Tennessee and starving for a playoff berth in the post?

20-19, December 11, 2011 in case you are wondering.

Sorry I overlooked that I was in playoff mode
Old 09-19-2012   #80
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Sorry I overlooked that I was in playoff mode
Me too...lol. I was in quitting smoking mode last night. Day 20 today and one would think I would be doing better, but last night I was tense.

Have a good one today.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read