Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans @ Jacksonville Jaguars. Noon. 9/16. **Official GameDay Thread**

Jacksonville, where everyone dresses up as seats.

The Houston Texans had some impressive moments during their season-opening win, but coach Gary Kubiak still sees plenty of room for improvement.

Even from just one game, Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Blaine Gabbert appears to have made progress from last season.

Houston goes for its fourth straight victory in this AFC South series while the Jaguars try to win their third consecutive home opener Sunday.

After making their first playoff appearance in 2011, the Texans (1-0) defeated visiting Miami 30-10 last Sunday. Shayne Graham kicked a 35-yard field goal, Arian Foster rushed for two touchdowns and Matt Schaub threw a 14-yard TD to Andre Johnson during a 6:55 stretch of the second quarter.

All of the scores came off turnovers, but the defending division champs managed six points and 26 rushing yards in the final 30 minutes.

"That's the mark of a good team - you've got to run it and finish the game,'' said Kubiak, whose team was second in the NFL last season with 153.0 rushing yards a contest. "We didn't do that.''

Houston also had special teams issues, with Trindon Holliday totaling 61 yards on four returns and the team giving up a 72-yard punt return for a TD.

"We did not play well on special teams - we didn't cover well, we didn't return well," Kubiak said.

The Jaguars (0-1) didn't fare well against Minnesota's running game in a 26-23 overtime road loss Sunday, giving up 123 yards and two rushing scores.

More picks here: http://challengegames.nfl.com/pickem/experts?module=HP11_hot_topics#game-day-morning
What I want to see:

Contain that damned midg...er, um, little person.

I'm talking about MJD. That little joker always does a little damage vs. our D. Finish tackles, wrap him up, and keep him contained. Worse case scenario is him getting loose on big runs and igniting the Jaguar offense.

Rattle their banged up OL, thus rattling Blaine Gabbert.

They'll be without their RT (Cam Bradfield is out) and their two guards (Eben Britton is questionable, Uche Nwaneri is probable, but is banged up) are both feeling the after effects of week 1. With the Jags injuries on their offensive line, some younger, inexperienced linemen could be starting for the Jags today. Confusing them, and getting in Gabbert's face will be something that could force turnovers, poor gains on the ground, and poor throws from the Jaguar offense.

Test out their run D.

A top 10 run D a season ago, the Jaguars surrendered 123 yards on the ground last week @ Minnesota. While not awful, it's something that we have to at least attack. A nice dose of Arian and Ben Tate should send a message. With no Daryl Smith (the Jags LB is out) for this one, their LB core is thinner than usual. Pound the rock often, but...

Take aim at their pass D early/run some more boots early

The Jaguar D allowed a rather robust 270 yards through the air on a whopping 74% completion percentage to Vikings QB Christian Ponder. Taking some shots at the Jags pass D is something that we know we'll see, but how? I say get the bootleg and waggle action going. We didn't feature it much a week ago (with good reason, run game wasn't exactly phenomenal), but I think this is a good game for it. Catch Jacksonville slipping and hit them hard with some play action.

Week 2 is upon us! Starting to get a little comfy with this season. What would make this MORE comfortable?! Going 1-0 this week! That's the weekly goal, and not a damn thing will change. No injuries, 1-0 and looking good while doing all sound epic to me. LETS MUTHA****IN' GO, TEXANS!!!!!

False Start

On # 69
I have a feeling today's game will be a little too close for comfort. I think the Texans will win, but it will be a hard, tough fought win.

Kthx

Rookie
I can never sleep late on game day. Or maybe its just my 6 day old and my 2 year old son, I can't remember anymore. Anyways, lets go.

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
Jacksonville always tough. Would be nice to receive opening kick and march downfield on one those fifteen play drives

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Sucks. I have to go pick upgrades with the wife today during the game. Only day we can do it. I already know the wife will be mad at me because I'll be checking my phone constantly.

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
I have a feeling today's game will be a little too close for comfort. I think the Texans will win, but it will be a hard, tough fought win.
I see this game being just like the tampa game last year, we will score a lot and often in the first half and go cruise control entire second half.

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
Sucks. I have to go pick upgrades with the wife today during the game. Only day we can do it. I already know the wife will be mad at me because I'll be checking my phone constantly.
Your more of a man than me. My wife KNOWS we arent going anywhere durin the texans game, she would not dare ask. Hell she knows i wont do anything during the game either......you gotta train them man ;)

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Your more of a man than me. My wife KNOWS we arent going anywhere durin the texans game, she would not dare ask. Hell she knows i wont do anything during the game either......you gotta train them man ;)
Haha. My wife knows this as well, but this was the last and only day our new house builder could accommodate us. I did try to get her to go by herself, but she was having none of that.

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
Haha. My wife knows this as well, but this was the last and only day our new house builder could accommodate us. I did try to get her to go by herself, but she was having none of that.
haha i will tell u me and my old ex fiance who had been together 4 years split up over a texans game.

She wanted to go to her parents that sunday i said cool i will watch the game at their house. She said no u wont, i said i'm not going. She said if u dont go over a damn texans game then we're over and i said have fun. No lie haha.

Oh well my wife of 6 years now is a lot more understanding ;)

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
haha i will tell u me and my old ex fiance who had been together 4 years split up over a texans game.

She wanted to go to her parents that sunday i said cool i will watch the game at their house. She said no u wont, i said i'm not going. She said if u dont go over a damn texans game then we're over and i said have fun. No lie haha.

Repped. You are a winner for the for "I am a bigger Texans fan than you" competition. Funny and awesome story.

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
Repped. You are a winner for the for "I am a bigger Texans fan than you" competition. Funny and awesome story.
HAHA well i thought the fact that she wouldnt let me watch the game at her parents was dumb,,,,relationships are give and get. She just didnt want to give

GP

Go Texans!

Man, and that was back when the Texans weren't very good. She was only pissed off at you because the Texans sucked so badly that it should have been a no-brainer to skip the game.

I can see where she got the idea that you're nuts. LOL.

Seriously, though, that is an awesome story. If she was that trippy about your football game, then it was only a foreshadowing of other power grabs she was going to make in your life with her. My wife didn't understand my addiction problem (with the Texans) but she has been supportive of me, she loves football now. She's sporting her Texans shirt today, watched the games with me. Nothing better than sharing love of football with a spouse.

ckhouston

Veteran
We will roll this team today.

The lackluster performance of the offense last week has to be talked about in meetings all week and Matt and company will come out guns blazing and it wont even be a contest.

Believe It!

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
Man, and that was back when the Texans weren't very good. She was only pissed off at you because the Texans sucked so badly that it should have been a no-brainer to skip the game.

I can see where she got the idea that you're nuts. LOL.

Seriously, though, that is an awesome story. If she was that trippy about your football game, then it was only a foreshadowing of other power grabs she was going to make in your life with her. My wife didn't understand my addiction problem (with the Texans) but she has been supportive of me, she loves football now. She's sporting her Texans shirt today, watched the games with me. Nothing better than sharing love of football with a spouse.
Yeah it had more to do than JUST the texans apparently, but it was the final factor ;). And yes they were not good at all back then, hell they lost the game very bad haha

GP

Go Texans!
Yeah it had more to do than JUST the texans apparently, but it was the final factor ;). And yes they were not good at all back then, hell they lost the game very bad haha
:spit: LOL!!!!!

Were you more pissed off about the loss of the game or the loss of the fiancé?

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
:spit: LOL!!!!!

Were you more pissed off about the loss of the game or the loss of the fiancé?
yeah, the loss made me forget all about here. Was just hoping she didnt hear about the score, that would of made me look like more of an idiot :vincepalm:

Reactions: GP

GP

Go Texans!
yeah, the loss made me forget all about here. Was just hoping she didnt hear about the score, that would of made me look like more of an idiot :vincepalm:
Rep your way. These sorts of off-topic conversations on a game day, leading up to kickoff, is like being at a bar and just having small talk over a beer. Loved it.

Thanks again for your stories.

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
Rep your way. These sorts of off-topic conversations on a game day, leading up to kickoff, is like being at a bar and just having small talk over a beer. Loved it.

Thanks again for your stories.
:) thanks, my current wife loves the texans simply for she thinks we might not of met if not for them ;)

mattieuk

All Pro
:) thanks, my current wife loves the texans simply for she thinks we might not of met if not for them ;)
Excellent way to get the missus to love the Texans.

"If it wasn't for gameday, then you might not have had that rock on your finger, and could have been fending off 20 Billy Bobs every Friday in the bar whilst trying to avoid the fistfights. Now...fetch me a beer and you enjoy your next 3 hours!"

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
Excellent way to get the missus to love the Texans.

"If it wasn't for gameday, then you might not have had that rock on your finger, and could have been fending off 20 Billy Bobs every Friday in the bar whilst trying to avoid the fistfights. Now...fetch me a beer and you enjoy your next 3 hours!"
:spit: