Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012   #641
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Jacksonville Jaguars. Noon. 9/16. **Official GameDay Thread**

Chris Johnson really just ain't that good any more...
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #642
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34365 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Jacksonville Jaguars. Noon. 9/16. **Official GameDay Thread**

I missed the Game... Could someone give me a little recap of who looked good? What about our run defense? Our right side OLine? Rookies? Holiday? Any injuries? What happened to Gabbert?
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #643
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Chris Johnson really just ain't that good any more...
I may get some flack for this, but....

CJ with VY > CJ with anyone else

CJ relied on that split second of hesitation that VJ gave to opposing defenses. He doesn't seem to have good enough vision to find it himself. And his speed is wasted on anything but long distance runs
Old 09-16-2012   #644
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, I can't root for any other team. I've tried before and I always find it a conflict (or they just suck). If they are any good and not even a conference rival (IOW an NFC team), I start to worry they will possibly beat us in a Superbowl....and then I can't even root for them to beat anybody....until they suck and just bore me...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #645
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have an identical twin. He's on the waiting list for a kidney but as long as he's a Colt fan I'm a two-kidney-having mf'er.

(kidding folks.........

he's doing well on dialysis).

Old 09-16-2012   #646
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
I missed the Game... Could someone give me a little recap of who looked good? What about our run defense? Our right side OLine? Rookies? Holiday? Any injuries? What happened to Gabbert?
We scored 27 points.
We had 200+ yards at ~5ypc
Our defense held Jax to 117 total yards, their lowest in franchise history.
They were doing so bad they benched Gabbert.
JJ Watt is an animal.

Total. Domination.
Old 09-16-2012   #647
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post

CJ relied on that split second of hesitation that VJ gave to opposing defenses. He doesn't seem to have good enough vision to find it himself. And his speed is wasted on anything but long distance runs
Is that like Va-jay-jay?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-16-2012   #648
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Personally, I can't root for any other team. I've tried before and I always find it a conflict (or they just suck). If they are any good and not even a conference rival (IOW an NFC team), I start to worry they will possibly beat us in a Superbowl....and then I can't even root for them to beat anybody....until they suck and just bore me...
I was the same way until I moved out of Texas. Its hard or next to impossible to cheer for a team you have absolutely no connection to. The vast majority of my friends here are Patriots fans, so I cheer for them if it has no impact on the Texans. I was happy to see them lose today, for instance. But when you're at a sports bar to see your team play and the entire bar erupts for a good play, it helps you get into it a little as well.
Old 09-16-2012   #649
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Andy Dalton is a local kid. Were you cheering for him in the playoffs last year? Local kids are no longer local when they put another team's uniform on. I watched Dez Bryant grow up playing football through high school. He's a Cowboy now, so I hope he sucks as long as he wears that uniform.
That's fine. I just don't go from liking a player to disliking him just because he puts on a different uniform.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #650
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Now that's how you handle business! There were a few flaws here, and there, but over all we kicked their ass! What more can you say about JJ Watt, except BEAST!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #651
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Could be it. I think the only time he ever has good games now are against undisciplined defenses that over pursuit. Otherwise he looks terrible, always going sideways or backwards.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #652
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1876 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
That's fine. I just don't go from liking a player to disliking him just because he puts on a different uniform.
It's not that I don't like him. I just want him to fail for 3 years then go to some desperate NFC team and have a great career.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #653
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Lol. He's also that guy at Reliant who, when the Texans are on offense, scream loudly.

He doesn't appear to understand the importance of division games and division opponents.
I understand it perfectly. I just have a different perspective.

Many appear to take the approach that other teams need to lose in order for the Texans to advance and get into the playoffs, so they pull for the Colts, Jags and Titans to lose every game. My view is that if the Texans just take care of business then they will be fine. If the Texans win, then how can they miss the playoffs?

So I pull for lots of players and coaches around the league in games that aren't against the Texans.
Old 09-16-2012   #654
BullBlitz
Section 331

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
It's not that I don't like him. I just want him to fail for 3 years then go to some desperate NFC team and have a great career.
Cool. To each his own. No problem bro.
Old 09-16-2012   #655
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Colts win. Congrats to Andrew Luck!
Don't get too excited. This Vikings team that the Colts beat is the same team that barely beat the Jags last week. The Colts essentially played up to their feeble competition.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #656
gtexan02
Working?

What a wonderful read. I highly recommend it:

http://forum.jaguars.com/index.php?s...=704271&st=825

My favorite:
Quote:
So, what positives do we take away from this game?

Anger's good and all games must come to an end?
Old 09-16-2012   #657
BullBlitz
Section 331

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Don't get too excited. This Vikings team that the Colts beat is the same team that barely beat the Jags last week. The Colts essentially played up to their feeble competition.
Not too excited. Just congrats to Luck and the Colts for a little success. A competitive division makes things interesting in the long run. I don't want the Colts to be a 1 or 2 win team forever.
Old 09-16-2012   #658
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Not too excited. Just congrats to Luck and the Colts for a little success. A competitive division makes things interesting in the long run. I don't want the Colts to be a 1 or 2 win team forever.
Eh, I'll disagree with you there. i'd love to see the Colts be a 2 win team for the rest of their existence
Old 09-16-2012   #659
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 131049 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We scored 27 points.
We had 200+ yards at ~5ypc
Our defense held Jax to 117 total yards, their lowest in franchise history.
They were doing so bad they benched Gabbert.
JJ Watt is an animal.

Total. Domination.
We had 400 + yards
Gabbert got hurt.
Old 09-16-2012   #660
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 131049 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
WHY ??? They didnt seem to care when we were a 4-5 win team every year, screw the colts. They had their 10 year run now its our turn.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read