Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-04-2012   #1
Texans_bull
Veteran

Rep Power: 22 Texans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of Famer
Default New England

Any one going to the New England Game??

I'm Planning a trip . but i don't know the area so i want to be near some Texan Fans..

Please Help

Thanks
Texans_bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #2
TexanDave
Veteran

Rep Power: 880 TexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New England

I am considering it. Have not booked it yet though.
TexanDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #3
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

I am going but I haven't planned anything yet. I have to get through the other road games coming up. I will start planning after I get back from the Chicago trip.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Let me know if y'all have questions about Boston. I don't know Foxborough but can help with the city
Old 10-04-2012   #5
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Rep Power: 7456 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Me and my girl might be going..
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #6
TexansJohn 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 0 TexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_bull View Post
Any one going to the New England Game??

I'm Planning a trip . but i don't know the area so i want to be near some Texan Fans..

Please Help

Thanks
Yup...a buddy and I already booked our flight and reserved a room at the Renaissance Hotel for that Monday night....it's practically in the Gillette Stadium parking lot, but is about $500 for a room on game night. And we are still in "sticker shock" at the prices on StubHub, so we haven't yet purchased our tickets.....we'll hopefully do that this weekend.

I'm sure there will be a gathering of Texans fans on Saturday or Sunday before the game.. We'll be staying in downtown Boston Sat/Sun night, but will be hanging around Patriot Place near Gillette Stadium on game day. Hopefully we'll meet other Texans fans in downtown Boston on Saturday night.

.I'm going to watch this forum to see...sure there will be more people planning trips to Boston in the coming weeks.
TexansJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

EFF the Patriots!!! I had no problem with them until the played the Carolina Panthers in Super Bowl XXXVIII here in Houston. Their fans actually turned out to be extreme asshats!!! So much so that I found myself pulling for the Carolina Panthers!!!

EFF a bunch of Patriots!!!!
Old 10-06-2012   #8
TexansJohn 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 0 TexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Let me know if y'all have questions about Boston. I don't know Foxborough but can help with the city
So we need to find things to do Saturday and Sunday. Would you recommend a particular hotel downtown? We would like to go pub crawling Sat and Sun night, so is downtown the best place to stay? Or is there a better place for that sort of activity? Keep in mind that we'll be on foot and hailing cabs the whole trip!
Old 10-06-2012   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansJohn View Post
So we need to find things to do Saturday and Sunday. Would you recommend a particular hotel downtown? We would like to go pub crawling Sat and Sun night, so is downtown the best place to stay? Or is there a better place for that sort of activity? Keep in mind that we'll be on foot and hailing cabs the whole trip!
Downtown is a great area. Cabs and subways are the way to go out here, so thats a great idea. Subways stop at 1am and getting a cab at 2am can be a pain, so just keep that in mind haha.

There are a lot of great hotels on the harbor that are really nice and convenient to a lot of spots. There are also some nice hotels (Parker house for instance) on the freedom trail, which will give you access to more of the "historic" type boston bars. Then theres places like The Liberty Hotel which is an awesome hotel and also has an awesome bar right inside.
Old 10-07-2012   #10
TexansJohn 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Downtown is a great area. Cabs and subways are the way to go out here, so thats a great idea. Subways stop at 1am and getting a cab at 2am can be a pain, so just keep that in mind haha.

There are a lot of great hotels on the harbor that are really nice and convenient to a lot of spots. There are also some nice hotels (Parker house for instance) on the freedom trail, which will give you access to more of the "historic" type boston bars. Then theres places like The Liberty Hotel which is an awesome hotel and also has an awesome bar right inside.
Hey thanks for the tip! We booked at the Liberty Hotel after looking at their website.
Old 10-11-2012   #11
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

I just purchased my flight to Boston. Can't wait!!! Well, I can wait since it will be freaking cold in December.

I will be there from Saturday until Tuesday morning. I am opening to some TexansTalk pub crawls on Saturday and Sunday.

GTexan- What are some good seafood restaurants? Is there a certain area that the young hip professionals hang? I would like to check out the "dressed up" bar scene on Saturday night.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #12
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2bKay View Post
I just purchased my flight to Boston. Can't wait!!! Well, I can wait since it will be freaking cold in December.

I will be there from Saturday until Tuesday morning. I am opening to some TexansTalk pub crawls on Saturday and Sunday.

GTexan- What are some good seafood restaurants? Is there a certain area that the young hip professionals hang? I would like to check out the "dressed up" bar scene on Saturday night.
I've got a friend who is a seafood buyer for a lot of the restaurants downtown. I'll ask him who he recommends and get back to you on it.

As for the dressed up bar scene, the historic parts of downtown and around the financial areas are probably a good bet. There are some really nice bars over there.

Ive heard this place is nice: http://drinkfortpoint.com/

Liberty is also awesome. http://www.libertyhotel.com/food_and...berty_bar.html

Also the prudential/newbury area is really nice (lots of upscale spits around Newbury st) and the beacon hill area
Old 10-22-2012   #13
TexasMade5717
Rookie

4 of us will be going as well. None have ever been to Boston so we're soaking all this in. Looks like everyone will be all over the place but if we could settle on a place before the game that would be cool. Do they tailgate there or is it more like an entertainment/ complex area people go to (similar to New Orleans) before the game? I'm going post something on the Pats' message board, you usually get good feedback that way. GO TEXANS!
TexasMade5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012   #14
TexasMade5717
Rookie

Cool the 4 of us are set to go. We are looking to go out on Saturday, hit up some drinking establishments, maybe bar hop. I've been reading the recommendations here and will investigate further. If anyone else wants to join up let's do it.
Old 10-26-2012   #15
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Durgan Park - have some Baked Indian Pudding for dessert.
Old 10-26-2012   #16
TexansJohn 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasMade5717 View Post
4 of us will be going as well. None have ever been to Boston so we're soaking all this in. Looks like everyone will be all over the place but if we could settle on a place before the game that would be cool. Do they tailgate there or is it more like an entertainment/ complex area people go to (similar to New Orleans) before the game? I'm going post something on the Pats' message board, you usually get good feedback that way. GO TEXANS!
Two of us are going and we're Boston virgins as well. My understanding is that they do tailgate, but there are several bars in Patriot Place that we could all meet up at if preferred. Please do post on here any information you find on tailgating, etc. I don't know if they do or not or how welcoming they are of away fans tailgating.....need to do more research! Really looking forward to being in Gillette on Monday night (minus the cold weather, of course)
Old 10-29-2012   #17
chriswiggin
Rookie

Talking Re: New England

I too am a virgin visiting Boston for the first time, and will be attending the game. I would like if all of us would meet in one spot. Take over a bar or something, and show out Texans our support! Anyone know if any of the players will be hanging out somewhere or where they will be staying? Maybe we can pay them a visit! I'm just SUPER excited about this game......can't wait!
chriswiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012   #18
TexasMade5717
Rookie

Texans fans- on game day let's meet at CBS Scene located on the grounds of Gillete Stadium. It's inside their entertainment complex Patriot Place. I called them and they said they'd be more than happy to have us there. Here are the links to both places (Patriot Place & CBS Scene) to check out for yourself. LET'S TAKE OVER THIS BAR!!!

Patriot Place:
http://www.patriot-place.com/CBSscene.aspx

CBS Scene (inside Patriot Place):
http://cbsscene.com/index.php
Old 10-31-2012   #19
chriswiggin
Rookie

Quote:
Texans fans- on game day let's meet at CBS Scene located on the grounds of Gillete Stadium. It's inside their entertainment complex Patriot Place. I called them and they said they'd be more than happy to have us there. Here are the links to both places (Patriot Place & CBS Scene) to check out for yourself. LET'S TAKE OVER THIS BAR!!!

Patriot Place:

I'm in!!!!! Now, who's coming with me!?!?!
chriswiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012   #20
TexansJohn 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:

Patriot Place:

Haha...we'll see you there! In fact, we'll probably be there by noon.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read