Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-28-2005   #1
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer
Default Stadium Nickname

WWWAAAAAYYYYYYY back when the Oilers were in town the Astrodome was known as "The House Of Pain." I was just a kid then and am not too sure when the dome got branded with that name (I think it was during the Jerry Glanville era). I was just curiouse if any of you had a good nickname for reliant stadium. I know we havent defined ourselves as a team just yet but I figure this is as good a topic to toss around as any other during this neverending offseason.
HardKnockTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay, I will give it a shot.

The Big Rodeo

The Big Ten Gallon

The Big Ranch

The Barn

Oh, I don't know.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005   #3
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The Oven.

The Melting Pot

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005   #4
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck

The Slaughterhouse

(because battle red jersey's are the result of a hard days work in the butcher shop )
Old 05-28-2005   #5
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

The BullPen
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005   #6
done88
Veteran

The house that McNair built.

The OK Coral

The biggest little stadium in Texas

The Pit

The oven
If you can't stand the get'cha ssa out the kitchen.
Old 05-28-2005   #7
Str8tupg42k1
Veteran

Talking

I too like the slaughterhouse jrock thats what the jaguars should call it.
Str8tupg42k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-28-2005   #8
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

the bulls fortress

the reliant giant

deaths dungeon

home of the horn

the big finish

touchdown town

the road home

OK THOSE SUCK, heck i dunno..................
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005   #9
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
WWWAAAAAYYYYYYY back when the Oilers were in town the Astrodome was known as "The House Of Pain." I was just a kid then and am not too sure when the dome got branded with that name (I think it was during the Jerry Glanville era).
Linebacker Robert Lyles is credited with that one. I'm fairly sure it was during the 1987 season. And yes, that was during the rise of Glanville. Eugene Seale and Lyles used to walk around the field in army fatigues and helmets before games. That's about the same time when Chuck Noll went after Glanville on the field following a game in the Dome for alleged headhunting. It was definintely a circus but at least football here was fun again after all those post LYB losing seasons.

Toro might take issue with Slaughterhouse.

Last edited by aj.; 05-28-2005 at 05:06 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005   #10
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Th House of Grain!
See our mascot iis a bull and bulls eat grain right?
Ie the House of Grain!

Ok, maybe I have been up too many consecutive hours and should get to bed.
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005   #11
B.Diddy
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to B.Diddy

I kinda agree with Drift on that one why not call it the Bull Pen

we also could go retro and call it the House of Pain but the defense is gonna really have to live up to that one and and make the opposeing team pay

I also like THE DUNGEON ooooooh it kinda sends chills up your spine
Old 05-28-2005   #12
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

How about The Fort? Sounds inspiring and kind of heroic i guess. Even though Reliant Stadium is bigger than any fort I've seen but it's the symbol and imagery that's important with a nickname.
Old 05-28-2005   #13
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

I like the Slaughterhouse, Reliant Giant, and the Bull pen
Old 05-28-2005   #14
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

I'm with Nawzer, I like "The Fort."

You use your defense to hold the fort and then use your offense to destroy those that you are defending the fort against...

Simple yet effective

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005   #15
B.Diddy
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to B.Diddy

I think the nick name should inflict fear with it's name like LSU's stadium is called Death Valley
Old 05-28-2005   #16
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

If you want fear you can call it Fort Doom or The Reliant Fortress.
Old 05-28-2005   #17
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i think a nick name should just come on its own, not just thought up one day.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005   #18
ojthecat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
i think a nick name should just come on its own, not just thought up one day.
Rest assured it will just come on its own. These are just the lazy never ending days of the offseason.
Old 05-28-2005   #19
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

If anything it has to do with Texas, Houston and football, or something that opens and closes. I like the RELIANT GIANT.

The big Trap or Big Trap Door.

The BIG CASE

And I always liked Tower of Power. But many disagree due to the old Band Tower of Power.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005   #20
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

The Power Plant

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read