Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-29-2005   #1
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

Default Ross Verba

I read on FoxSports.Net that Browns left tackle Ross Verba wants a new contract and is prepared to sit out the entire 2005 season. Now I'm not saying we should acquire him but it could be helpful. He plays the position where an upgrade wouldn't hurt. He is also a seasoned vet and could do worlds of good for this team. Maybe if we sign Shelton we can trade him over there? Or what are the odds he might get cut by the June 1rst cuts?

Ross Verba unhappy
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005   #2
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I doubt he gets cut. From what I've heard he was the best OLineman for the Browns last season. I think both sides will come to some sort of compromise before the season begins.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

To me, Verba is a better interior player than edge guy. The Browns are playing him at LT in much of the same circumstance as we are. I don't see him as much of an upgrade to what we have on the roster already.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005   #4
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

I think that Verba started the super bowl as a rookie at LT when he was with the packers, so he isn't that bad of a tackle.
Old 05-29-2005   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd call him 'serviceable'. He is built like our Center, Steve McKinney.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005   #6
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I'd call him 'serviceable'. He is built like Steve McKinney.
I'd say the same. Greg Randall Started for New England When they Won a Super Bowl as well.
Old 05-30-2005   #7
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.G.
I'd say the same. Greg Randall Started for New England When they Won a Super Bowl as well.
Didn't Matt Stevens start that game at safety as well?
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-30-2005   #8
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
Didn't Matt Stevens start that game at safety as well?
No, he wasn't a starter, but he played in DB subpackages that were used throughout the game against St. Louis' passing attack. He was a good serviceable backup and a decent special teams guy. Didn't the Texans pick him up i the expansion draft?

And Greg Randall was only around for one Super Bowl...
Old 05-30-2005   #9
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

We actually had both Randall and Stevens. Most Texans fans still have nightmares about Stevens being back there at FS. I just got a little queezy typing that. I'd better go lie down now. I think I'm going to be sick.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005   #10
bigtex77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
We actually had both Randall and Stevens. Most Texans fans still have nightmares about Stevens being back there at FS. I just got a little queezy typing that. I'd better go lie down now. I think I'm going to be sick.
That's hilarious!
Old 05-30-2005   #11
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Verba is one of the worst starting tackles in football, and he's not much better as a guard.

That and he's kind of a sleezeball. So sign him if you want to step up the false start and holding penalties.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read