Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2012   #21
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster ill leaves practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
These infections were all wound infections. They were not GI or respiratory infections. Winslow's 2nd mysterious infection occurred following aspiration of a testicular hydrocele, i.e., a needle stuck in the testicular fluid collection to draw the fluid out.

July 21, 2009
More Kellen Winslow Staph Details Emerge

As staph infection rates in hospitals and in the community (those contracted outside of hospital environment) seem to be increasing due to overuse/inappropriate use of antibiotics (including failure to use antibiotics when they should be used prophylactically), so have the occurrences of such wound infections in athletes.

Winslow is latest chapter in Browns' mysterious staph story

This is especially the case when one who has such an infection (knowingly or not) and shares close quarters, shower facilities, training rooms, etc. Obviously, though, air-borne (respiratory) infections and GI (oral ingestion) infections are just as likely to be easily transmitted through the same shared closed quarter environments.
Wow! I always used a different method. Didn't hurt but sometimes thought I was dying.
Old 09-13-2012   #22
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Did not see this posted and just found but allegedly nothing to worry about.
Texans running back Arian Foster left practice early today because he wasn’t feeling well.

Apparently there is a bug going around the locker room. Cornerback Jonathan Joseph had it also. Kubiak indicated it wasn’t a big deal.

Link>http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...-with-illness/

I had heard that Joseph left game. Also Brahman back from injury.
That's good news, special teams needs all the play makers it can get!
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012   #23
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 92090 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Foster and JJo both back at practice.

A Smith missed due to ankle soreness thanks to the assbag Incockmeto
Old 09-13-2012   #24
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Casey Studdard probably left some of the germs in the locker room via that shirtless Vince Young nightclub event years ago...the germs finally grew and blossomed into a full-on pandemic in the locker room.

I suggest a quarantine of the entire facility, and get Dustin Hoffman in there ASAP.
Old 09-13-2012   #25
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 25813 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, staph infections are nothing to play with.

I had an infection on my staph once and it just about killed me.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012   #26
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ben Jones eats a cockroach -> Healthy
Arian Foster eats vegetables -> Sick
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012   #27
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165649 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
Ben Jones eats a cockroach -> Healthy
Arian Foster eats vegetables -> Sick
Most people would not know that despite the fact that cockroaches carry and spread an unimaginable variety of dangerous bacteria, their brain and nervous system tissue has been found to be able to combat some of the most vicious infections in humans out there such as some of the most feared superbug MRSA (methicillin resistant staph aureus) and E-coli infections.

Quote:
The Superbug MRSA Has Met It's Match in the Cockroach

The superbug MRSA, (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) is a staph bacteria that can cause very serious bacterial infections. MRSA is resistant to antibiotics like methicillin, penicillin, amoxicillin and oxicillin. This is the dangerous Staph bacteria that cause skin infections and can progress to life-threatening blood or bone infections. MRSA, however, may meet a new opponent from a very unlikely source. Researchers have discovered nine different molecules in the tissue of cockroaches that are toxic to both MRSA and the dreaded E-Coli.

Fighting a Bug – With a Bug

Experts from the School of Veterinary Medicine and Science at the University of Nottingham have found antibiotic properties in the brains of cockroaches and locusts. This discovery could lead to new ways of dealing with resistant bacteria. The tissues of the brain and nervous system of the insects were able to kill more than 90% of MRSA and pathogenic Escherichia coli (E-Coli), without harming human cells. This discovery was presented earlier this month at the Society for General Microbiology meeting in Nottingham.

Wouldn't it Be Just a Little Ironic if the Cockroach Saves the Day?

Here's an insect so problematic that Americans spend an estimated $6 Billion dollars on cockroach control annually! To Simon Lee however, and the team at Nottingham University, the molecules found in the brains of cockroaches and locust may present an opportunity to fight one of the most dangerous pathogens on the planet. He considers the living conditions of the cockroach one reason why they have developed their own defense against harmful bacteria. In a recent BBC interview he explains: "They must have some sort of defense against micro organisms. We think their nervous system needs to be continuously protected because if the nervous system goes down the insect dies."
Of course, EATING a whole household cockroach would lend itself much more likely to developing a serious infection than to treating one.link

For your further viewing enjoyment: VIDEO
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2012   #28
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
Yeah, staph infections are nothing to play with.

I had an infection on my staph once and it just about killed me.

Old 09-14-2012   #29
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe they need to teach their locker room cleaning staff to use BLEACH! I don't even want to think about what that locker room smells like, or looks like, after practice or after a game!! BARF!! I could go into detail, but, I'll leave that to you GUYS imagination! I'm sure most of you and have there, done that!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012   #30
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 33986 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Most people would not know that despite the fact that cockroaches carry and spread an unimaginable variety of dangerous bacteria, their brain and nervous system tissue has been found to be able to combat some of the most vicious infections in humans...
So we tear off their heads and suck out their brains?
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012   #31
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
So we tear off their heads and suck out their brains?
Sounds like a cajun thang to me. Isn't that they do with crawfish?

Might just become the new hip thing to do. Ben Jones' Cockroach Bar....has a nice ring to it.
Old 09-14-2012   #32
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I've seen folks eat roaches before but usually because of flashing lights in mirror or a loud knock on the door.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read