Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-01-2005   #81
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
Ibar, if it's "speculation" than it is not "fact"- that's the point. Vinny wasn't calling you a liar. He was saying that you were misrepresenting conjecture as something much more than that.

The fact that McClain commented that he thinks the Texans probably made a contract offer of a certain amount is not evidence that it did happen and happened the way he says. It's just an hypothesis of his that will or will not be proven over time. So, it would be premature to react to this conjecture as if it is what happened.
what he said
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005   #82
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

McClain's comments were basically specaultion, but mixed with some facts. McClain obviously has inside contacts and didnt have the figures in front of him, but he commented that at first.

here is a little summary of some comments

"The Texans were not interested in Shelton because his agent Eric Mentz wanted too much money. And then they offered the minimum or maybe a little more and Shelton came in."

"He will get a job somewhere in the NFL because LT are needed. The Texans are not going to spend a lot of money on a guy they are not sure will be starting"

Thats what McClain said - no figures.

I posted the link to the radio show a few pages back for those interested.
Old 06-01-2005   #83
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

"...And then they offered the minimum and maybe a little more ."

what exactly would be "a little more"... Well, according to McClain "a little more" will be whatever he gets signed to, if it happens. Of course there aren't any numbers, if there were then it would be harder for McClain to assure himself the ability to say "I told you so".
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005   #84
SESupergenius

This is just another bandage to our offensive line. Pitts and Wand? Really, can anyone expect them to be better than average? Here we are trying to bring in a LT with 2 months to go before training camp, that IS alarming. This isn't just for depth, this is to fix a broken leak. Who said Boselli is still not affecting us?
Old 06-01-2005   #85
wrestler4life
Veteran

How is it that there are no quality Tackles that are not on teams in the NFL right now. I know that the play overseas, but it is ridiculous that we are having this much difficulty fielding a starting unit.
wrestler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005   #86
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Who said Boselli is still not affecting us?
No Not The B word!!!!!!!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005   #87
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestler4life
How is it that there are no quality Tackles that are not on teams in the NFL right now. I know that the play overseas, but it is ridiculous that we are having this much difficulty fielding a starting unit.
Difficulty? We have a starting unit: Wand, Pitts, McKinney, Weigert, Wade... Stop condemning the organizations for attempting to upgrade the position, either with potential starters or depth... That's what we want them to do....

If you want to complain about the OL then complain about Weary and MBrown... when they are filling in is when the OL looks so bad: Cleveland!!

Wand is 24 and Pitts is 25? and they both have 1 year experience at their positions. The pessismism on this board is amazing, especially considering the team has improved every season as is the youngest team in the NFL going into season #4.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-01-2005   #88
wrestler4life
Veteran

[quote=dalemurphy]Difficulty? We have a starting unit: Wand, Pitts, McKinney, Weigert, Wade... Stop condemning the organizations for attempting to upgrade the position, either with potential starters or depth... That's what we want them to do....

Sorry, I meant "quality" starting unit.
wrestler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005   #89
ojthecat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Who said Boselli is still not affecting us?
The fact is Boselli never affected us. Casserly and Capers knew very well that he might never play. We had a deal worked out with Jacksonville that if we took Boselli then we could also take Walker and Payne.
Old 06-01-2005   #90
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, I have an idea. . . How about that unless anyone has any NEW news about signing this guy, we don't post here. Every time I see a new post I get all excited thinking there is something new. . . Only to find out there is no news....I'm going crazy over here

I'm just giving everyone a hard time here...Relax, please don't feel the need to flash on me lol
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005   #91
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Speaking of Cleveland, I just heard Shelton (or his agent) is there tonight (790am again). I don't know what was accomplished here yesterday if anything.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005   #92
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Speaking of Cleveland, I just heard Shelton (or his agent) is there tonight (790am again). I don't know what was accomplished here yesterday if anything.
Thanks, Vinny. It will be interesting to see what transpires. This is getting to be a real game.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005   #93
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

As an added note, could this be speculation on 790 AM's part.
Old 06-01-2005   #94
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

from the looks of things he wont be with us next season. I mean if its gonna happen i think it woulda happened already.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005   #95
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
from the looks of things he wont be with us next season. I mean if its gonna happen i think it woulda happened already.
May be the're trying to see who blinks 1st. It might go either way, but again if our offer is at the minimum levels as stated that could be the problem. But that could be because of the way the Texans feel about him. It looks like he wants money and we aren't willing to part with what he wants. So be it.....
Old 06-01-2005   #96
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
As an added note, could this be speculation on 790 AM's part.
Actually, they reported that as a fact. This stuff is not as hard as it looks Ibar.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005   #97
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Actually, they reported that as a fact. This stuff is not as hard as it looks Ibar.
That was a little tongue in cheek, Vinny. Take it easy, we just disagree a lot. We both want the same we just differ on how we are going to get there. I don't think not getting Shelton bothers you and I'm not so certain it bothers me. Perhaps this is not the right guy.......
Old 06-01-2005   #98
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
May be the're trying to see who blinks 1st. It might go either way, but again if our offer is at the minimum levels as stated that could be the problem. But that could be because of the way the Texans feel about him. It looks like he wants money and we aren't willing to part with what he wants. So be it.....

yah well i'll live if we dont get him, plus i feel the coaches want the same guys on the line this year that they had last year, otherwise we woulda heard about it.
Old 06-01-2005   #99
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yah well i'll live if we dont get him, plus i feel the coaches want the same guys on the line this year that they had last year, otherwise we woulda heard about it.
I doubt if they wanted the same guys on the line they would have gone after Pace and now Shelton...
Old 06-01-2005   #100
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

if they had really wanted pace they coulda made an offer he woulda taken, its not like at the time we were in any kinda cap trouble. It was an opportunity to get a good guy they took it and lost, i wouldnt pass on any kinda all star player either, no matter who i had at the postioion already.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read