Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-29-2005   #21
Texas_Heat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
tree dollars and fitty cents over 2 years. He has an incentive clause that will give him a free slurpy from 7-11 for every game started.

I guess The Texans can't sign him then there are no 7-11's in Houston only Stop n Go's
Greatest Metal Bands: #1 VENOM # 2 SLAYER.
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005   #22
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedTexan713
if we sign we could keep chester in guard and also have a alright backup lt like victor riley behind shelton...
Even if the Texans sign Shelton and he wins the LT spot, I doubt they'd just cut Wand. He would likely be the backup LT, with Riley the backup RT. Maybe it would allow Riley to challenge Wiegert at RG?

Anyway, the best reason to sign Shelton is that it would at least provide competition at the LT & maybe the RG spots. And competition is a good thing. Much better than just anointing guys as starters and hoping they earn that confidence.
Old 05-29-2005   #23
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

I still haven't seen anywhere else where the Texans offered Shelton a contract. Can somebody update or did this guy who started this string just start a rumor?
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005   #24
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Maybe it would allow Riley to challenge Wiegert at RG?
I would like to see Riley challenge Wiegert also.
Old 05-29-2005   #25
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114
I still haven't seen anywhere else where the Texans offered Shelton a contract.
The info was off a Friday night KHOU-TV broadcast. I didn't see the broadcast myself, but others did. A contract offer won't make many wire services headlines (unless it's a high profile guy like Pace). A contract agreement will. Until then, we'll all keep our eyes & ears open.
Old 05-29-2005   #26
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The info was off a Friday night KHOU-TV broadcast. I didn't see the broadcast myself, but others did. A contract offer won't make many wire services headlines (unless it's a high profile guy like Pace). A contract agreement will. Until then, we'll all keep our eyes & ears open.
Thank you!! I wasn't trying to start anything but just want the Texans to sign him and haven't seen any info on the contract offer.(contract amount and how long)
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005   #27
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

There are no 7-11s in houston? Thats an out rage!
Old 05-29-2005   #28
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Anyway, the best reason to sign Shelton is that it would at least provide competition at the LT & maybe the RG spots. And competition is a good thing. Much better than just anointing guys as starters and hoping they earn that confidence.
I definately agree with that. We need depth at the OLine, and if we hope to make any noise this season we'll need backups that are capable of filling in for short periods of time.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005   #29
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
There are no 7-11s in houston? Thats an out rage!
Yea I know it sucks - Stop n go bought all of em out several years ago and then sold most of those to Diamond shamrock in later years. I still miss 7-11's slurpees were the bomb. I can only get them now at the movie theatre and special convenience stores that have the machines.

Shelton - his agent and him reported last week they hope to have somethign decided by the end of this upcoming week so I think after the june 1st cuts come and everyone looks at the market he will make an announcement of some sort. Would be nice if we could get some depth/competition at LT for sure.

Im not so sure Riley will make the squad unless he loses some weight and reports to camp under the target weight. He was pretty out of shape from the early reports I read.
Old 05-30-2005   #30
erickwsmom
Rookie

I saw the same report on Channel 11, but they didn't mention any details at all. We need to add finger tapping to the smilies list for the offseason as we wait.
erickwsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005   #31
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

still havent heard anything about it.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005   #32
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

I can just hear Capers, now.. Did somebody say run left. Oh, that's whats wrong. Hey, Palmer set up to run left. Move everyone from the right side to the left side. That way the other team won't know which way we're going to run.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005   #33
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
I can just hear Capers, now.. Did somebody say run left. Oh, that's whats wrong. Hey, Palmer set up to run left. Move everyone from the right side to the left side. That way the other team won't know which way we're going to run.

haha always a positive view on things huh ibar, lol.
Old 05-30-2005   #34
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
haha always a positive view on things huh ibar, lol.
On a serious note it just seems like nobody likes any of the options open to us. I'm not skipping me either. It seems like we have really boxed ourselves into a corner on this one. Some of you obviously feel more hopeful than me, but you have to admit I don't think anyone feels secure about how our offensive line is going to perform. No QB looks good when his O-line is failing him.
Old 05-30-2005   #35
ojthecat
Veteran

Quote:
I don't think anyone feels secure about how our offensive line is going to perform. No QB looks good when his O-line is failing him.

I feel secure. Look we are better than last year and trying to get even better if it makes since. I say 11-5 or 12-4.
Old 05-30-2005   #36
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
On a serious note it just seems like nobody likes any of the options open to us. I'm not skipping me either. It seems like we have really boxed ourselves into a corner on this one. Some of you obviously feel more hopeful than me, but you have to admit I don't think anyone feels secure about how our offensive line is going to perform. No QB looks good when his O-line is failing him.

u dont see them playing any better this year, i mean considering they have had a full year together with our new zone blocking scheme. I think our running game will be alot better, and hopefully with a full year under their belts they can give carr a little protection so we can light up opposing defenses.
Old 05-30-2005   #37
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Well, we're changing our offensive scheme again so that says something. I don't think Vinny or anyone on this board is confortible. But, others are obviously more upbeat than me. But I wouldn't say anybody is overwelmingly confident. I think what bothers everyone is it's the piece of the puzzle that eludes us and would tell us a lot about Carr and the team. How good is David? I think the answer is we don't know, because he never has had a lot of protection. Therefore, it's hard to gague how good he is. We get hints both ways. Sometimes you wonder and other times you say if only he had some time. It also makes it difficult for us to evaluate our receivers. How good is AJ? I think there are even questions in that respect despite what people think. How good is Starling? How good is Gaffny? Hopefully, you get the drift. I think most Texans fans think this team is a lot better offensively than it's shown and it looks like another year of guessing what is in store for us. That's a bummer..................
Old 05-30-2005   #38
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, we're changing our offensive scheme again so that says something. I don't think Vinny or anyone on this board is confortible.
We are not changing the Offensive scheme. We may be changing the blocking protections and calls - making some yearly adjustments that all teams make, but the basic scheme will be the same. I'm pretty comfy. I can't wait till we play some ball.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005   #39
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
We are not changing the Offensive scheme. We may be changing the blocking protections and calls - making some yearly adjustments that all teams make, but the basic scheme will be the same. I'm pretty comfy. I can't wait till we play some ball.
Will basically agree to disagree on this one Vinny. I know what they have said, but I think you will find in reality that they have changed their scheme. The real thing is I hope like you it does work. I just don't have the confidence you have and you have to have some worry despite what you say. Is their some potential this year? Yes, however, I think their is also reason for concern. I keep saying if we get our O-line problems solved, then we could be on the verge of something nice. I guess that's why I'm so adament about fixing the O-line. I think we will all be smiling about the results.
Old 05-31-2005   #40
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Quote:
Will basically agree to disagree on this one Vinny. I know what they have said, but I think you will find in reality that they have changed their scheme. The real thing is I hope like you it does work. I just don't have the confidence you have and you have to have some worry despite what you say. Is their some potential this year? Yes, however, I think their is also reason for concern. I keep saying if we get our O-line problems solved, then we could be on the verge of something nice. I guess that's why I'm so adament about fixing the O-line. I think we will all be smiling about the results.
well there is only so much we can do, we basically made our run at Pace, signed Riley, making an effort for Shelton... the draft was so weak with OLmen, anyone we drafted wouldnt have made a immediate impact.... next year is a good OL class, we will most likely pick up an interior linemen to replace mckinney in the 2nd round
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read