Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-10-2012   #1
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jacoby Jones is looking good....

Watching the Ravens vs Bengals & JJ looks like a good receiver for them so far. Hopefully he figured it out & will have a good career there.
Old 09-10-2012   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones is looking good....

I find it impossible to wish him well. If he grows up and puts it all together up there that's a draft pick and 5 years of waiting the Texans will never get back.
Old 09-10-2012   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I find it impossible to wish him well. If he grows up and puts it all together up there that's a draft pick and 5 years of waiting the Texans will never get back.
Blame that on Kubiak, not the kid. The draft pick part, he had the growin up thing done the last two years he was here.
Old 09-10-2012   #4
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Spread blame where ever you wish but the fact is, to this point he's looking like a Pro WR. Good for him. Like many have said in other threads, sometimes it just takes a different setting to ply one's wares. He's been impressive so far to me.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

They better check his gloves for stickum.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #6
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Spread blame where ever you wish but the fact is, to this point he's looking like a Pro WR. Good for him. Like many have said in other threads, sometimes it just takes a different setting to ply one's wares. He's been impressive so far to me.
Yes, hope he does well. Same for Pollard and Leach, two of my favorite former Texans.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess Kubiak was too hard on the kid and he couldn't relax and just play to his potential
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2012   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope we're not going to have weekly Jacoby threads ..... he's gonzo.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Yes, hope he does well. Same for Pollard and Leach, two of my favorite former Texans.
It's weird seeing three Texans contributing so much on another team. Hopefully we lost them because we have better players.
Old 09-10-2012   #10
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
It's weird seeing three Texans contributing so much on another team. Hopefully we lost them because we have better players.
I think we have better options than JJ, Mario, & Pollard (although I loved Pollard's attitude), but I don't think we upgraded from Vonta or Ryans.

But, no use crying over $hit you have no control over. It is what it is and the free agency era makes it very hard to hold onto multiple playmakers for any extended period.
Old 09-10-2012   #11
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacoby will stink.

I work with a girl that grew up with Jacoby and still talks to him a little here and there when she runs into him in the club. She tells me that Jacoby was always a complete knucklehead growing up. Said that he always did what he wanted and could care less about being a responsible type of guy. This girl is a straight shooter as well. She also said that Jacoby has always been a big time smoker. Said that he would never get off of that stuff. Not that pot is all that bad, but for a guy that plays in the NFL, it's not the best thing to hear when you're talking about a guy like Jacoby. I don't recall him ever failing a drug test though.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #12
potisyourfriend
All Pro

Rep Power: 1624 potisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL, he does good for half a game and people are already trying to kiss his ass. Screw JJ and the horse he rode off on. I'm glad that worthless receiver is out of here. I hated when he was returning kicks too. Texans management finally woke up and got rid of him.
potisyourfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #13
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Jacoby will stink.

I work with a girl that grew up with Mario and still talks to him a little here and there when she runs into him in the club. She tells me that Jacoby was always a complete knucklehead growing up. Said that he always did what he wanted and could care less about being a responsible type of guy. This girl is a straight shooter as well. She also said that Jacoby has always been a big time smoker. Said that he would never get off of that stuff. Not that pot is all that bad, but for a guy that plays in the NFL, it's not the best thing to hear when you're talking about a guy like Jacoby. I don't recall him ever failing a drug test though.
If she grew up with Mario, how does she know about JJ? Did she grow up with both, was that hearsay from Mario, or was that a typo & you meant to say that she grew up with JJ?

I genuinely hope he got his act together. From a human standpoint, you hate to see someone fail or sabotage themselves.
Old 09-10-2012   #14
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
If she grew up with Mario, how does she know about JJ? Did she grow up with both, was that hearsay from Mario, or was that a typo & you meant to say that she grew up with JJ?

I genuinely hope he got his act together. From a human standpoint, you hate to see someone fail or sabotage themselves.
Sorry, but I was just hitting up a thread about Mario. Lol! Typo!

I meant to say JJ. It had nothing to do with Mario man.

She had talked about how she saw him in the club out here recently and what a nut he still was. That was a few months ago though. We all know that JJ has a lot of talent, but the gy is just wet between the ears. He is your typical cat that likes to get ****ed up and party, and play football as well, but I don't see him ever taking his job seriously like he needs to. Plus, he is already past that age where most WR's break out. Sure it happens here and there after 5 years or so with certain guys, but it's pretty rare. I think JJ will be a journeyman at this point.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #15
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Quote:
Sorry, but I was just hitting up a thread about Mario. Lol! Typo!

I meant to say JJ. It had nothing to do with Mario man.
Gotcha, that's what I figured.
Old 09-10-2012   #16
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

3 catches for 46 yards and he's being called a Pro Bowler?

Interesting to say the least.
Old 09-10-2012   #17
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 143833 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Too bad he was here first.
Old 09-11-2012   #18
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jacoby will stink.

I work with a girl that grew up with Jacoby and still talks to him a little here and there when she runs into him in the club. She tells me that Jacoby was always a complete knucklehead growing up. Said that he always did what he wanted and could care less about being a responsible type of guy. This girl is a straight shooter as well. She also said that Jacoby has always been a big time smoker. Said that he would never get off of that stuff. Not that pot is all that bad, but for a guy that plays in the NFL, it's not the best thing to hear when you're talking about a guy like Jacoby. I don't recall him ever failing a drug test though.
Dang, for his sake I hope he doesn't consider her a friend.
StarStruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #19
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

People would be surprised by how many players smoke weed in the NFL. Its really not that hard to pass one urine test a year. Stop smoking for a month and you're home free.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #20
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 114327 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This year game one - 3 catches 46 yards
Last year game one - 3 catches 43 yards

Jacoby is what I refer to as tantalizing mediocrity. In fact, I believe there was even a thread started during or after game one last year called "Jacoby Just Shut the Haters Up", although in all fairness, I think that was due to a punt return TD, not a 3 reception game.

I don't wish Jacoby ill - quite the opposite, but in most cases, after five years, you are what you are, and what I think Jacoby is is a borderline starting NFL WR.

Last edited by ChampionTexan; 09-11-2012 at 03:02 AM.
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read