Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2012   #21
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107813 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hall of Fame RB Barry Sanders is a Texans fan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
What people also don't ever consider is that Barry Sanders ran out of the Run-n-Shoot offense which passed 95% of the time, and he still did what he did.
He played in the silver stretch (aka Run 'n Shoot) offense for the first two years of his career. The remaining 8 years were in a more conventional offensive scheme. Regardless of scheme his career 5.0 yards per carry was impressive.
Old 09-12-2012   #22
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 36798 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Barry Sanders was the heart and soul of my football love when he retired I stopped watching football for a while. I was very angry that the lions with him retiring couldn't work out a trade/release for him.

They owed him that IMHO.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #23
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR0497 View Post
And he sure did make the most of his attempts. May be the only back to have played 10+ seasons and average 5+ ypc.
What makes that 5+ ypc average really insane was that he also usually led the league in rushes of -1, 0, and 1 yards. I remember watching a game back in the day and they showed his rushes on a chart and most of them were for between -1 and 1 yards. But every 12th play or so, he'd break off a long run.

If he would have had a good offensive line, he would have been even scarier.

But as it was with the Lions, he was a boom or bust player. You had to keep feeding him the ball because you never knew when the magic was going to hit but he could kill drives with those exciting runs that netted 0 yards. He's a player that I always loved to watch his highlights but I never wanted him on my team.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #24
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Barry Sanders was the heart and soul of my football love when he retired I stopped watching football for a while. I was very angry that the lions with him retiring couldn't work out a trade/release for him.

They owed him that IMHO.
Simply put Barry shouldn't have signed that contract to keep him with the Lions. When he signed even at a young age i thought it was a mistake.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #25
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I still have my Barry Sanders jersey from High School. It was the first jersey I ever bought. I also still have my Sterling Sharpe jersey too.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #26
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14619 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember what a fantastic kick returner Barry was in college. He was the best return guy I have ever seen college or pro. I would have loved to see what he could have done if they let him return kicks in the NFL.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #27
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
I still have my Barry Sanders jersey from High School. It was the first jersey I ever bought. I also still have my Sterling Sharpe jersey too.
That's really, REALLY disturbing that your first jersey was that of a high school player, AND YOU paid for it!!!! Scary, in fact!!!

That said, Sanders was a "Bad Man!!"

Really cool to see that pic w/ Arian and Barry!!! Barry did it right. He got out while on top, not unlike Jim Brown!!! That's pretty cool!!!!

That said, I hope that Arian lasts a few/couple more years longer than Jim/Barry/ and as a heart felt favorite, EARL!!!
Old 09-12-2012   #28
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 36798 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Really cool to see that pic w/ Arian and Barry!!! Barry did it right. He got out
while on top, not unlike Jim Brown!!! That's pretty cool!!!!
Jim Brown just still seems really mad at the world..

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012   #29
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
That's really, REALLY disturbing that your first jersey was that of a high school player, AND YOU paid for it!!!! Scary, in fact!!!

That said, Sanders was a "Bad Man!!"

Really cool to see that pic w/ Arian and Barry!!! Barry did it right. He got out while on top, not unlike Jim Brown!!! That's pretty cool!!!!

That said, I hope that Arian lasts a few/couple more years longer than Jim/Barry/ and as a heart felt favorite, EARL!!!

I had just took a few tokes when I typed that so, I worded it wrong. I meant I bought the Sanders jersey when I was in High School.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012   #30
texansdrummer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8156 texansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to texansdrummer

My Dad is an OSU alumnus......I grew up going to games in Stillwater, and I still remember a particular game when they took Thurman Thomas out and put in a smaller RB. We were wondering, "Who is THAT....and why are they taking Thurman out?".

I feel very fortunate to have watched both TT's and Barry's college years in their entirety. I also grew up near Wichita, and student taught (Music Ed) at North HS where BS went. He was still involved their....donated/refurbed a public field, and I believe his niece was in the Orchestra while I was there.

Classy guy......just get the job done.

"I don't give them hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's hell" - Harry S. Truman
texansdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012   #31
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 165380 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Uh-huh, see there young man?

This is your brain........

Quote:

I had just took a few tokes when I typed that so, I worded it wrong. I meant I bought the Sanders jersey when I was in High School.
....this is your brain on drugs..........

Quote:

Gimme a hit

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read