Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-04-2012   #1
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2012 Texans Predict the Record...

The preseason is over and we know who's on the roster, still can't believe they took Keo over Nolan. Here's the schedule, let's see your predictions.

Sun 9/9: Miami Dolphins at Houston Texans - W
Sun 9/16: Houston Texans at Jacksonville Jaguars - W
Sun 9/23: Houston Texans at Denver Broncos - W
Sun 9/30: Tennessee Titans at Houston Texans - W
Mon 10/8: Houston Texans at New York Jets - W
Sun 10/14: Green Bay Packers at Houston Texans - W
Sun 10/21: Baltimore Ravens at Houston Texans - L
Sun 10/28: BYE
Sun 11/4: Buffalo Bills at Houston Texans - W
Sun 11/11: Houston Texans at Chicago Bears - W
Sun 11/18: Jacksonville Jaguars at Houston Texans - W
Thu 11/22: Houston Texans at Detroit Lions - L
Sun 12/2: Houston Texans at Tennessee Titans - L
Mon 12/10: Houston Texans at New England Patriots - L
Sun 12/16: Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans - W
Sun 12/23: Minnesota Vikings at Houston Texans - W
Sun 12/30: Houston Texans at Indianapolis Colts - W

The Packers game was the hardest to predict and I can see it going either way in a very close game. I'm going out on a limb with 12-4.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #2
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Texans Predict the Record...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
The preseason is over and we know who's on the roster, still can't believe they took Keo over Nolan. Here's the schedule, let's see your predictions.

Sun 9/23: Houston Texans at Denver Broncos - L
Sun 10/14: Green Bay Packers at Houston Texans - L
Sun 10/21: Baltimore Ravens at Houston Texans - W
Sun 12/2: Houston Texans at Tennessee Titans - W

The Packers game was the hardest to predict and I can see it going either way in a very close game. I'm going out on a limb with 12-4.

My predictions in bold, where they differ from yours. Still came away with 12-4.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Sun 9/30: Tennessee Titans at Houston Texans - L
Thu 11/22: Houston Texans at Detroit Lions - W
Sun 12/30: Houston Texans at Indianapolis Colts - L

12-4 and home field throughout the playoffs!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #4
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18944 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Sun 11/11: Houston Texans at Chicago Bears - L

11-5
Old 09-04-2012   #5
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 20113 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

12 - 4

L @ gb, balt, det, ne
Old 09-04-2012   #6
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18944 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

If we lose to Baltimore again I'm jumping off a bridge.
Old 09-04-2012   #7
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
My thought exactly.

This is the year we get off the goose egg vs. Baltimore though. It's a numbers game and their numbers up.

They've got an aging defense, though still formidable, not as elite as years past. Suggs is out.

I think our D will hold them to 20 or less and Matt & Co. will put the numbers up with our young receiving corps contributing nicely as Arian gets his regular 100+ game against them with Ben chipping in a TD of his own.

THIS IS THE YEAR THE TEXANS SHAKE THE SCHNEID VS. THE RAVENS!

And I hope I'm there to see it live.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-04-2012   #8
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

11-5, and please let us beat the damn Ravens. I strongly dislike that team.

I'd like to see JJ Watt throw Ray Rice across the field. Rice got yippy with Watt last year, and I was just thinking you may be a bad little dude but Watt could break you in half little man.
Old 09-04-2012   #9
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
What if it's the first loss of the season?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331852 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
12 - 4

L @ gb, balt, det, ne
That is the easy prediction but just like every team we will beat someone we "shouldn't" and lose inexplicably to someone we should beat. It's the way of the NFL. 10+ regular season wins is what I care about.
Old 09-04-2012   #11
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sun 9/16: Houston Texans at Jacksonville Jaguars -W
Sun 9/30: Tennessee Titans at Houston Texans -W
Sun 10/14: Green Bay Packers at Houston Texans -W
Sun 11/11: Houston Texans at Chicago Bears -L
Sun 11/18: Jacksonville Jaguars at Houston Texans -W
Sun 12/2: Houston Texans at Tennessee Titans -W
Mon 12/10: Houston Texans at New England Patriots -L

13-3 Detroit game is the only toss up. I know some of you will be mad about Denver, but seriously, when was the last time we won during week 3? I am beginning to feel that it is cursed.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
That is the easy prediction but just like every team we will beat someone we "shouldn't" and lose inexplicably to someone we should beat. It's the way of the NFL. 10+ regular season wins is what I care about.
So true. Every year very good teams get unexpectedly upset by obviously bad teams having a good day. All I expect of the Texans this year, and will be upset as hell if they don't deliver, is another AFCS title. After that, we shall see what we shall see.

If not for a few plays, we could have beat the Ravens in the playoffs last year. So the Texans ending up in the AFC championship should not surprise anyone.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #13
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

We will lose to the Colts once...

11-5
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #14
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Mon 12/10: Houston Texans at New England Patriots - W

16-0
Old 09-04-2012   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post

16-0
This is where my expectations are.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #16
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

10-6
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #17
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 102181 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Week 18 - Who Cares - W
Week 19 - Who Cares - W
***SUPER BOWL*** - Who Cares - W

I mean if your gonna do it ya have to do it right
Old 09-04-2012   #18
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43559 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

A lot of homerism in this thread... Here's my conservative prediction.

Sun 9/16: Houston Texans at Jacksonville Jaguars -W
Sun 9/30: Tennessee Titans at Houston Texans -W
Sun 10/14: Green Bay Packers at Houston Texans -L
Sun 11/11: Houston Texans at Chicago Bears -L
Sun 11/18: Jacksonville Jaguars at Houston Texans -W
Sun 12/2: Houston Texans at Tennessee Titans -L
Mon 12/10: Houston Texans at New England Patriots -L

10-6, and I hope there isn't another division loss in there somewhere...
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #19
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 54152 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisunit View Post
week 18 - who cares - w
week 19 - who cares - w
***super bowl*** - who cares - w

i mean if your gonna do it ya have to do it right
msr.
Old 09-04-2012   #20
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Mon 10/8: Houston Texans at New York Jets - L
Sun 11/11: Houston Texans at Chicago Bears - L

11-5
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read