Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 09-08-2012   #1
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dolphins thread

"high" comedy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefranchisedef
Mario Williams, Demeco Ryans, Jason Allen (yes, Jason Allen was AMAZING last year) all gone from that defense. Vickers, Eric Winston, Jacoby Jones are gone from their offense. How has this team gotten any better? Last year they played the COLTS, JAGS, and TITANS twice.. the best team they beat was the Steelers. They dominated them on the ground that day. I don't see them dominating the best run defense in the second half of the season last year (your miami dolphins). Their o-line has more questions than ours and their receiving core isn't any better. I don't see how this team is seen as such a great one. They have middle of the pack roster. Great receiver and great running back but most of arian fosters runs come because of that line. We actually ran more yards than them last year and our running game is better than it was last year.

I'm not saying we are going to win. They are still the best team in their division but, thats not saying much. If we get blown out by this team then we are going to be the worst team in the NFL. If we keep it close or even win it doesn't mean we are playoff bound. Fact is, The Texans are not a super-bowl caliber team. Don't believe me then compare them to Kansas City, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Dallas, New York Giants, Philly, Chicago, Greenbay, SanFran, New Orleans, Carolina, Detroit Lions. Those are the best teams in the NFL. Oh, and I'll take the jets defense over that overrated defense any day. Wade Phillips made that defense, check how bad they were before and even the last few games of the season.
There seem to be so many wrong statements in one post I think I have to go smoke some pot and sort it out.
Old 09-08-2012   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dolphins thread

dumbassery run amuck in that one

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 260728 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
dumbassery run amuck in that one
I don't know. I actually agree with a lot of what he is saying. We've got serious questions on our team where our only answer is "trust in Smithiak" or "trust Wade"

Brooks Reed is probably the biggest question on defense. Second year player, sophomor slump... y'know. Of course we've got Whitney Mercilus to hedge that bet, but the question is still there.

Same for Watt. The "kid" was incredible in the second half of the season & again in the play-offs. Can he really play like that again? Because we really need him to. In a bad way. Of course Antonio is going to do his thing... maybe more being a contract year. Tim Jamison has turned into a fine pro, a fine rotational player. Then we've got Crick as well (& I expect good things from him).

Receiver was a position we all had serious questions about until we saw Jean & Martin in the preseason. They've still yet to catch a pass in the NFL regular season. & we're all worried about the OL.

Now.... saying the Chiefs, Lions, Cowboys, & Panthers are more "Super Bowl ready" than we are... yeah, that's laughable. We're at least in the conversation with the 49ers, Ravens, & Steelers.

At least.
Old 09-08-2012   #4
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 88409 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I don't know. I actually agree with a lot of what he is saying. We've got serious questions on our team where our only answer is "trust in Smithiak" or "trust Wade"

Brooks Reed is probably the biggest question on defense. Second year player, sophomor slump... y'know. Of course we've got Whitney Mercilus to hedge that bet, but the question is still there.

Same for Watt. The "kid" was incredible in the second half of the season & again in the play-offs. Can he really play like that again? Because we really need him to. In a bad way. Of course Antonio is going to do his thing... maybe more being a contract year. Tim Jamison has turned into a fine pro, a fine rotational player. Then we've got Crick as well (& I expect good things from him).

Receiver was a position we all had serious questions about until we saw Jean & Martin in the preseason. They've still yet to catch a pass in the NFL regular season. & we're all worried about the OL.

Now.... saying the Chiefs, Lions, Cowboys, & Panthers are more "Super Bowl ready" than we are... yeah, that's laughable. We're at least in the conversation with the 49ers, Ravens, & Steelers.

At least.
No doubt. I got a kick out of that myself. I want some of what that dude smoked before he wrote that crap.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read