Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2012   #41
SrslySirius
Veteran

Rep Power: 1371 SrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Antonio Smith: Richie Incognito tried to break ankle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
What a pathetic fanbase. Some of those comments turn my stomach.
SrslySirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012   #42
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
What a pathetic fanbase. Some of those comments turn my stomach.
I would venture to bet that the Dolphins have one of the weakest fan bases in the entire NFL. Maybe on the same level as Jacksonville, actually.

They have nothing to point to since Marino left. That's a loooooooong time for any fan to hang around and be patient for something to hang their hat upon.

So yeah, they probably have a lot of immature newbie fans who know less about football and more about trash talking than anything else. Probably a lot of Reggie Bush fanboys just like the Vince Young fanboys acted.
Old 09-13-2012   #43
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Bleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respected

Found these Qoutes from Incognito this dude is full of it.

It's strung together direct message tweets Incognito wrote in his defense.

“Once the ball was fumbled I grabbed his legs to stop him from recovering the fumble. It’s clear that I wrap my arms around both his legs. I was trying to keep him from scrambling to the ball.

“After the ball was recovered I felt him kicking me. I was trying to protect myself. Kind of like a turtle in a shell. At no time was I turning his ankle. My intent was to keep him from getting to the ball.”

“... Obviously in a case like this I have no ground to stand on [because] of my reputation. There is no evidence of me trying to injure him. The reason I’m seen holding onto one of his legs [because] he started kicking me in the arm and neck the the other. I had both legs in my grasp. The fact of the matter is I’m laying on his leg. There is no twisting motion whatsoever. He is clearly kicking me in the neck. Talk about dirty?”
Bleed_Blu_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012   #44
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I would venture to bet that the Dolphins have one of the weakest fan bases in the entire NFL. Maybe on the same level as Jacksonville, actually.

They have nothing to point to since Marino left. That's a loooooooong time for any fan to hang around and be patient for something to hang their hat upon.
We should know. We have nothing to point to either, and it's been about the same amount of time. (Actually the Dolphins did go to one playoff game after Marino retired; same as us.)

So, keep patient.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012   #45
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 70160 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
We should know. We have nothing to point to either, and it's been about the same amount of time. (Actually the Dolphins did go to one playoff game after Marino retired; same as us.)

So, keep patient.
The Texans have actually been to 2 playoff games, winning one of them. That would be one more than the Dolphins, who BTW have never beaten the Texans in 7 games.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012   #46
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

So, keep patient.
Research before you post.

Read what speedy posted, then go back and edit your post.
Old 09-14-2012   #47
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
The Texans have actually been to 2 playoff games, winning one of them. That would be one more than the Dolphins, who BTW have never beaten the Texans in 7 games.
And those 7 games were spread over 11 seasons when the Texans were a mere expansion team.

Fortunately, we did not play the Dolphins during the 2-14 season...
Old 09-14-2012   #48
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
And those 7 games were spread over 11 seasons when the Texans were a mere expansion team.

Fortunately, we did not play the Dolphins during the 2-14 season...
We probably would have beat them then also!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012   #49
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mark Berman‏@MarkBermanFox26

Texans DE Antonio Smith said he was fined $21K for kicking @ Dolphins G Richie Incognito. Smith said he was defending himself & will appeal.
This is freakin ridiculous! He better win the appeal and there be a counter fine on that POS. Doesn't the league investigate crap before accusing? Ugh, this pissed me off
Old 09-14-2012   #50
escrimador
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 escrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respected

huh, the video that's being shown isn't the play I was thinking about. Not sure if it was Incognito and Smith, but there was clearly a Dolphin cranking on someones ankle, using both hands, that I recall seeing...i'd have to download and rewatch it to find out who it was
escrimador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012   #51
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Research before you post.

Read what speedy posted, then go back and edit your post.
One additional playoff game in 10 years doesn't differentiate us from the Dolphins. Neither team has accomplished anything notable. Do some research yourself.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012   #52
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
One additional playoff game in 10 years doesn't differentiate us from the Dolphins. Neither team has accomplished anything notable. Do some research yourself.
LOL. Right, sure.

Thanks for setting me straight. If you think the Dolphins have been as equal as the Texans over the past 10 years, then you need some basic football 101 analysis tutorials.

Go back another 10 years prior and tell me what they've accomplished.

20 years of bad football. They're a joke, almost along the same lines as your reasoning skills on it. It's ok, we all step out and make a contrary statement every now and then. I do it. You did it. It's all good, man. Part of life.
Old 09-15-2012   #53
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL. Right, sure.

Thanks for setting me straight. If you think the Dolphins have been as equal as the Texans over the past 10 years, then you need some basic football 101 analysis tutorials.

Go back another 10 years prior and tell me what they've accomplished.

20 years of bad football. They're a joke, almost along the same lines as your reasoning skills on it. It's ok, we all step out and make a contrary statement every now and then. I do it. You did it. It's all good, man. Part of life.
Well we've had one playoff season and they've had one playoff season. They actually had to take the division from the Patriots to win their division as well that season with a brand new coach and Chad Pennington going 11-5. We had an easy division without any good QB's playing and we went 10-6. THe only real difference is that the Texans won a playoff game. We have had pretty much the same amount of success. Are you forgetting what a joke the Texans were in the Capers years? And then how badly they got laughed at in Kubiak's first 5 years? The organization was criticized for not firing the guy for a while. I don't see any real difference at all as far as the comparable success between both teams. The Lions are also a a very close comparison. After this season though, we should be able to separate from both of those teams as far as the success from the last 10 years goes.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012   #54
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Well we've had one playoff season and they've had one playoff season. They actually had to take the division from the Patriots to win their division as well that season with a brand new coach and Chad Pennington going 11-5. We had an easy division without any good QB's playing and we went 10-6. THe only real difference is that the Texans won a playoff game. We have had pretty much the same amount of success. Are you forgetting what a joke the Texans were in the Capers years? And then how badly they got laughed at in Kubiak's first 5 years? The organization was criticized for not firing the guy for a while. I don't see any real difference at all as far as the comparable success between both teams. The Lions are also a a very close comparison. After this season though, we should be able to separate from both of those teams as far as the success from the last 10 years goes.
I guess if you think their one playoff year was comparable to ours...then, I don't know what to say...because the Dolphins that year surprised opponents with the Wildcat formation and crashed and burned in the playoffs and where never heard from again.

How anyone can say that the Dolphins and Texans are equal in regards to having one playoff season each, when considering HOW it was accomplished, is beyond me. Seriously.
Old 09-16-2012   #55
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 123249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I guess if you think their one playoff year was comparable to ours...then, I don't know what to say...because the Dolphins that year surprised opponents with the Wildcat formation and crashed and burned in the playoffs and where never heard from again.

How anyone can say that the Dolphins and Texans are equal in regards to having one playoff season each, when considering HOW it was accomplished, is beyond me. Seriously.
AGREE,,,,look what we had when we got there. 3rd string QB, Jacoby Jones.....that right there says it all
Old 09-29-2012   #56
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243454 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This time it’s Cardinals defensive end Nick Eason, who is preparing to face Incognito on the field on Sunday and says that he knows from first-hand experience just how dirty Incognito is: According to Eason, only once in all the football games he’s ever played has an opponent spit on him, and that opponent was Incognito, during a 2010 game.

“I’ve never had a player or person in my life spit in my face,” Eason told Alex Marvez and Gil Brandt on SiriusXM NFL Radio. “It took everything in my power to restrain myself.”

Eason referenced the game two weeks ago when Texans defensive lineman Antonio Smith accused Incognito of trying to injure his ankle. The NFL looked at the footage and didn’t fine Incognito but did fine Smith $21,000 for kicking Incognito.

“He basically tried to break Antonio’s leg,” Eason said of Incognito. “Antonio got fined because he had to kick the guy off of him and [the NFL] did nothing to him. Usually players who do that are the non-athletic guys who really can’t block people so they play dirty.”

Incognito has defended himself as a tough and physical — but not dirty — player. Eason says Incognito crosses the line, which makes Eason “really excited for the opportunity to play against the guy.” But Eason says he’ll be smart enough not to retaliate, knowing that the retaliation is often what gets penalized — as Smith found out the hard way.
link
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read