Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2012   #21
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Must Win @ Jax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I think i'm going to start a petition to get your old avatar back. And yes we will need to play well.

We are 7 point favorites to start off the week. I thought it would be between 3 to 5 points. Vegas really seems to love us this year.
Seven and a half.
That half a point is important, ya know, LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #22
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Against the Vikings, 3 Olinemen went out with injures in the 1st half...........Britton, Bradfield and Nwaner........all seen after the game in boots on their left leg.........supposedly all ankle injuries.

Jennings went out with a knee or leg injury and was to be MRI'ed yesterday.........no official word.
http://tampabay.sbnation.com/jackson...jaguars-week-1

The Jaguars don't have many options, depth wise, now that season has started. Gabbert was harassed the rest of the game with Guy Whimper at right tackle. Undrafted rookie center Mike Brewster played admirably at the guard position, but still struggled with protection at times. If the team wants any shot at all against the Houston Texans, they will need to get healthy... fast.
Old 09-11-2012   #23
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Looks like NFL.com is showing the entire replay Vikings/Jaguars if anybody is interested:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201209...ss&tab=analyze
Old 09-11-2012   #24
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Seven and a half.
That half a point is important, ya know, LOL!
Haha, trust me I know of all people just how important that half a point can be. I didn't realize that the Jags were so banged up in the trenches. Their fans aren't confident at all heading into this game, and that's not like them. Sounds like Aaron Ross looked lost as well week 1. We need to jump all over them early so we can get Barwin and Reed into a pass rushing rhythm heading into Denver.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #25
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I kind of get where you're coming from. After the Jags, the schedule gets pretty damn tough. We got Denver, Titans, Jets, Packers, and Ravens. If we win 3 of those games I would be happy. If we lost to Jacksonville, that would put us at 4-3, as compared to 5-2 going into the bye. That one game could come back and bite us in the ass at the end of the season. I wont freak out if we lose, which I don't think we will, but it would be nice to win this game.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #26
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Haha, trust me I know of all people just how important that half a point can be. I didn't realize that the Jags were so banged up in the trenches. Their fans aren't confident at all heading into this game, and that's not like them. Sounds like Aaron Ross looked lost as well week 1. We need to jump all over them early so we can get Barwin and Reed into a pass rushing rhythm heading into Denver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
I kind of get where you're coming from. After the Jags, the schedule gets pretty damn tough. We got Denver, Titans, Jets, Packers, and Ravens. If we win 3 of those games I would be happy. If we lost to Jacksonville, that would put us at 4-3, as compared to 5-2 going into the bye. That one game could come back and bite us in the ass at the end of the season. I wont freak out if we lose, which I don't think we will, but it would be nice to win this game.
They still have to play the game, but I think it will be an uphill battle for the Jags with their line banged up like that.

The Texans have got to win this game, even if only by one point.
Old 09-11-2012   #27
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini View Post
Either you guys will get a Jags team pissed off, from a game they should have won, or a team mentally down, from a suffering loss? I think, the pressure is more on the Jags to win...this game is their biggest opportunity for the division. Texans win..great start and can control their destiny..Jags win, back in the saddle for a chance. Should be a great game!
It doesn't matter whether the Jags are pissed off or not, they just don't have enough healthy talents to match up with the Texans.

Ya should be pleased enough if they put up a decent fight.
And you know me, I don't talk down opponents on any given Sunday.

What's up with the surf anyway?
Had a good year this year?
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2012   #28
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Last week I called Texans 31-6, this week I'm thinking Texans 27-17.
Old 09-11-2012   #29
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164009 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
http://tampabay.sbnation.com/jackson...jaguars-week-1

The Jaguars don't have many options, depth wise, now that season has started. Gabbert was harassed the rest of the game with Guy Whimper at right tackle. Undrafted rookie center Mike Brewster played admirably at the guard position, but still struggled with protection at times. If the team wants any shot at all against the Houston Texans, they will need to get healthy... fast.
If I remember correctly, they actually used one of their TEs to play OT.

They also lost their DT D’Anthony Smith for several weeks.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #30
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 33986 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Looks like NFL.com is showing the entire replay Vikings/Jaguars if anybody is interested:
Had a hard time getting to sleep last night, this should help.

Quote:
If I remember correctly, they actually used one of their TEs to play OT.

They also lost their DT D’Anthony Smith for several weeks.
A TE against Watt & Reed, awesome.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #31
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Last week I called Texans 31-6, this week I'm thinking Texans 27-17.
I'm glad you're not my handi-capper. You were way off: 1-4. That's just turrble!

So, should I assume the Texans win 26-21??
Old 09-11-2012   #32
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans want to position themselves as a championship contender, this is the type of game they need to win. Dominate your homefield. Control your division. Hold your own against other contenders. That's what it will take to seize homefield advantage and have the playoffs go through Houston. I don't know if this is a "must win". I don't really like the term. But, it's a game this team needs to win to help make their championship aspirations come true.
Old 09-11-2012   #33
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

thanks to False Start .. old times good times.. maybe Cush can hit Sunshine before he can complete the sentence

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #34
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
thanks to False Start .. old times good times.. maybe Cush can hit Sunshine before he can complete the sentence

Gabbert fears The Cush!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #35
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate division games. The 2 teams know each other too well to make a rational pick. Having said that, I have a few thousand to bet on the Texans winning the game.
Old 09-11-2012   #36
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post

Gabbert fears The Cush!
Gabbert fears the Cush like the guy in the pic fears hitting the ground. The collision is gonna happen and the only question is how bad the douche in the the saddle is gonna get hurt.
Old 09-11-2012   #37
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164009 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Against the Vikings, 3 Olinemen went out with injures in the 1st half...........Britton, Bradfield and Nwaner........all seen after the game in boots on their left leg.........supposedly all ankle injuries.

Jennings went out with a knee or leg injury and was to be MRI'ed yesterday.........no official word.

Update: Britton and Nwaner suffered ankle injuries. Bradfield suffered a foot injury. No further info on Jennings.

Remember, the Jags starting LG Rackley, 1st backup Center John Estes and 1st backup Guard Jason Spitz were IR'ed during the preseason. That makes 6 Olinemen. That makes six lost Olinemen going into week 2. The Jags will be scampering to do something........anything to fill those holes........whomever they end up with on that line this week........and I don't expect it to be filled with quality........they will not have enough time to gel............at least not in a good way..........

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #38
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

every game is a must win if we keep winning and our divison keeps losing we might be able to win the divison by thanksgiving or late Oct but thats best case scernerio

but yeah ...
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #39
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

The surf was epic last week/weekend!!! Thank you Hurricane Leslie!!

Yes, the injury bug has hammered the Jags AGAIN!!!! I think, the Jags are going to surprise you Sunday. Yes, the Texans are the better team, players and depth. That loss to the Vikes is a vert sour pill to take. At home and a chance to get the 1st spot in the division, if they beat the Texans....this is the Jags chance! Jags will throw the book that that Texans defense. I expect a high scoring game Sunday... you'll see a lot of bend but don't break, crap ass defense from the Jags...praying to hold you guys to FG's. Should be a fun game to watch. Please, no more injuries!!! LOL

Quote:
It doesn't matter whether the Jags are pissed off or not, they just don't have enough healthy talents to match up with the Texans.

Ya should be pleased enough if they put up a decent fight.
And you know me, I don't talk down opponents on any given Sunday.

What's up with the surf anyway?
Had a good year this year?
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #40
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

At least get a Teal colored Jello! The injury bug loves the Jags! We always have the most on the IR..I don't get it?

Quote:
Update: Britton and Nwaner suffered ankle injuries. Bradfield suffered a foot injury. No further info on Jennings.

Remember, the Jags starting LG Rackley, 1st backup Center John Estes and 1st backup Guard Jason Spitz were IR'ed during the preseason. That makes 6 Olinemen. That makes six lost Olinemen going into week 2. The Jags will be scampering to do something........anything to fill those holes........whomever they end up with on that line this week........and I don't expect it to be filled with quality........they will not have enough time to gel............at least not in a good way..........

mootini is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read