Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-10-2012   #1
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default DeMeco Impresses & Leads in his first Eagles Game (What's new ?)

“I thought he made big play after big play,” said Andy Reid. “That’s what he is; that’s what he’s done throughout his career.”
“He’s a baller,” said rookie linebacker Mychal Kendricks. “Took command of the field. Made sure we were cool, calm and collected in tough times. He made a helluva lot of plays today, and I’m happy he’s on my team.”
Ryans, who has been questioned about his health and his game countless times over the last several months, did not want to focus on himself afterwards. But when it came to team ball, his eyes lit up. Though against a rookie quarterback and a Browns team that is sure to struggle all year, there’s no denying that the defense saved this team from an embarrassing loss. And when they were called on to protect the lead late, they closed.
“I love when the game is in the defense’s hands, when it’s on us to close a game out. That’s why I play this game,” said Ryans. “There is no more special feeling than being out there and having all your teammates on the sideline counting on our 11 to get it done.”

Eleven. The front. The back. And for the first time in a long time, the middle.
http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2012...-eagles-debut/
One of my all-time Texans favorites, glad he's off to a solid start in Philly.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #2
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Re: DeMeco Impresses & Leads in his first Eagles Game (What's new ?)

Still think we are going to miss him, and even more with sharpton being out, James doesn't look like the quality ILB we need.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats and good luck to Demeco, one of the good guys.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #4
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10263 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

theyre restricting demeco to 2 downs over there too..
Old 09-10-2012   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Still think we are going to miss him, and even more with sharpton being out, James doesn't look like the quality ILB we need.
I think so too...but was never a Sharpton fan. Cushing is going to miss DeMeco beside him more than anyone. He cleaned up a lot of stuff with teams making sure they block up Ryans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
theyre restricting demeco to 2 downs over there too..
DeMeco played in 60 of 62 defensive snaps....doesn't sound like a two-down linebacker to me. Don't pay too much attention to the preseason.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree about missing Ryans here, but I will certainly be rooting for him with Philly. We lost some valuable players, but he's the one that I really hate losing.
Old 09-10-2012   #7
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

glad he's playing well, one of my fave all time Texans.
Old 09-10-2012   #8
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
glad he's playing well, one of my fave all time Texans.
My only Texans jersey has his name on the back. I'll be wearing it battle red day against baltimore in remembrance.(also cause I'm to cheap to buy a new one)
Old 09-10-2012   #9
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
James is a scrub. Looked like one in preseason and looked like one yesterday.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #10
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2725 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

I miss DeMeco but really glad he is making an impact over there. Still remember listening to the radio after drafting him in the 2nd round and hearing this guy will be a stud. Guy is all class too.
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Look, if Demeco hadn't defered the ball after winning the pregame coin toss(twice I believe) he'd be a Texans today.

We can't have that kind of insubordination on this team. Can't coach them, Can't win with them, Can't do it.....

Old 09-10-2012   #12
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish him nothing but luck. If he was in the AFC I might feel differently though.....
Old 09-10-2012   #13
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I told people that Philly was going to be a great team for him to go to. I was very happy that he was traded there of all places. They needed a MLB, and they got one hell of a guy at that position. Good to see Demeco doing big things over there.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #14
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I agree about missing Ryans here, but I will certainly be rooting for him with Philly. We lost some valuable players, but he's the one that I really hate losing.
This.
Old 09-11-2012   #15
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10263 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I think so too...but was never a Sharpton fan. Cushing is going to miss DeMeco beside him more than anyone. He cleaned up a lot of stuff with teams making sure they block up Ryans.

DeMeco played in 60 of 62 defensive snaps....doesn't sound like a two-down linebacker to me. Don't pay too much attention to the preseason.
i wa sjust going by what andy reid said, stating he had demeco out of nickel situations only playing 2 downs... apparently he changed his mind..

i have a buddy in philly who said the media has been trashing demeco.. i guess his preseason wasn't too hot.. i dont watch the eagles.. so i dont know..
Old 09-11-2012   #16
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15235 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

8 million a year is a lot to pay for a 2 down LB. That's why the Texans couldn't afford to keep him.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #17
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
8 million a year is a lot to pay for a 2 down LB. That's why the Texans couldn't afford to keep him.
Unless the Browns were punting the ball or turning it over on the 1st two downs every possession then I would say he wasn't a 2 down LB week 1. He played 60 of 62 defensive snaps. I think it may change when they play teams with more elite weapons at the skill positions but it sounds like he had a good showing. I saw him in the preseason and wasn't impressed, but I'm glad he had a positive debut.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #18
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I miss Demeco but the money just didn't make sense for a 2 down ILB. I wish him all the best with Philly unless we meet them in the Superbowl.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

It's just plain silly for anyone, especially a Houston Texans fan, to call Demeco Ryans a 2 down LB. Yeah, we took him off the field a lot last season. But most fans know he suffered a season ending achilles injury the year before.

CnD will tell you it takes a while to come back from an Achilles, most people don't. Demeco's recovery was hampered by his elbow issue. But at the end of the season you could tell Demeco was closer to pre-injury form than not.

Demeco is not a 2 down line backer.
Old 09-11-2012   #20
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
It's just plain silly for anyone, especially a Houston Texans fan, to call Demeco Ryans a 2 down LB. Yeah, we took him off the field a lot last season. But most fans know he suffered a season ending achilles injury the year before.

CnD will tell you it takes a while to come back from an Achilles, most people don't. Demeco's recovery was hampered by his elbow issue. But at the end of the season you could tell Demeco was closer to pre-injury form than not.

Demeco is not a 2 down line backer.
For us, he was.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read