Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-09-2012   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Week 3 vs. Broncos is going to be tough...

Manning is Manning. Period. He is so freaking smart. The adjustments he makes, he just knows what to do and when to do it.

I'm not going to lie, I think we missed a good opportunity to upgrade our QB position. The decision to go with Schaub, and to even re-up Schaub for four more years...I dunno, I think Manning in our offense would feast every Sunday.

He is special.
Old 09-09-2012   #2
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 3 vs. Broncos is going to be tough...

yup it will but wk3 will be a exciting game thats 4 sure it should have been a prime time game
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

If you didn't think it was already gonna be tough before this then you are delusional.

And as far as him coming here, I think deep down you know that would never work. The control freak that Gary Kubiak is, and Peyton Manning changing practically every play at the line of scrimmage and calling off the Punt/FG team on a 4th down would make Kube's head explode.
Old 09-09-2012   #4
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
If you didn't think it was already gonna be tough before this then you are delusional.

And as far as him coming here, I think deep down you know that would never work. The control freak that Gary Kubiak is, and Peyton Manning changing practically every play at the line of scrimmage and calling off the Punt/FG team on a 4th down would make Kube's head explode.
If we could have had him, and Kubiak passed on him because he's a control freak, then I'm glad we have to face him, and whatever consequences result from that decision.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
If we could have had him, and Kubiak passed on him because he's a control freak, then I'm glad we have to face him, and whatever consequences result from that decision.

That's not the only reason, it comes down to how the team is built. And our team is built to run with a healthy sprinkling of passing to guys like AJ, OD, whoever else decides to show up. And who else runs the play action, which our pass game is primarily built around, better than Schaub? I don't think you can find many. Plus Schaub is Kubiak's guy and he'll go with his guys until it costs him his job nearly(see Frank Bush). Schaub is a top 10-12 QB and you'd be hard pressed to find a guy better than him in the open market or in the draft unless you pull an Indy and throw away your season.
Old 09-09-2012   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's not the only reason, it comes down to how the team is built. And our team is built to run with a healthy sprinkling of passing to guys like AJ, OD, whoever else decides to show up. And who else runs the play action, which our pass game is primarily built around, better than Schaub? I don't think you can find many. Plus Schaub is Kubiak's guy and he'll go with his guys until it costs him his job nearly(see Frank Bush). Schaub is a top 10-12 QB and you'd be hard pressed to find a guy better than him in the open market or in the draft unless you pull an Indy and throw away your season.
Yeah well, maybe.

I just watched Manning take a back-and-forth tennis match with Big Ben and who came out on top??? Manning. And he made it look effortless.

I don't know that any other QB in the past 10 years, other than Tom Brady, has the stuff to take a game and just drill it all the way home and make it look easy.

He handles pressure so well. Yeah, yeah... "Eli has more rings!" but still, all things being equal you're gonna want The Forehead at QB at the end of the day. Killer instinct, dissects defenses like nobody else can. He makes everyone around him feel like they're better than they are. He's an upgrade.

I'd take him. I get what you're saying about our bootlegs and play action. But I can't help but think our weapons are so talented, they become even more dangerous if we threw out the boots and play action and just let Manning pick his guy on every pass play. Andre Johnson, in particular, would be other-worldly IMO.
Old 09-09-2012   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Manning is Manning. Period. He is so freaking smart. The adjustments he makes, he just knows what to do and when to do it.

I'm not going to lie, I think we missed a good opportunity to upgrade our QB position. The decision to go with Schaub, and to even re-up Schaub for four more years...I dunno, I think Manning in our offense would feast every Sunday.

He is special.
This is just entirely true. We had a chance to sign the best QB of his era to a team that had all the weapons he could have asked for and a monster defense. We did it because we got a plan and we're sticking to it through thick and thin. All we can do now is hope our plan pans out.

Peyton Manning throwing to AJ with Foster and Tate behind him and Wade's defense getting him the ball back over and over again would have been a ****ing ring-generating machine.
Old 09-09-2012   #8
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Our best defense will be our running game against the Broncos. Keep Manning off the field should be our mantra for that game.
Old 09-09-2012   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Yeah well, maybe.

I just watched Manning take a back-and-forth tennis match with Big Ben and who came out on top??? Manning. And he made it look effortless.

I don't know that any other QB in the past 10 years, other than Tom Brady, has the stuff to take a game and just drill it all the way home and make it look easy.

He handles pressure so well. Yeah, yeah... "Eli has more rings!" but still, all things being equal you're gonna want The Forehead at QB at the end of the day. Killer instinct, dissects defenses like nobody else can. He makes everyone around him feel like they're better than they are. He's an upgrade.

I'd take him. I get what you're saying about our bootlegs and play action. But I can't help but think our weapons are so talented, they become even more dangerous if we threw out the boots and play action and just let Manning pick his guy on every pass play. Andre Johnson, in particular, would be other-worldly IMO.
I believe you left out the laser Rocket arm.

Last edited by Hervoyel; 09-10-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Our best defense will be our running game against the Broncos. Keep Manning off the field should be our mantra for that game.
As always. The only way to win against Manning is not to let him play.
Old 09-09-2012   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Last seasons #1 rushing team.

A defense that carried Tim Tebow to the playoffs as a starter .... and won a game. (most overlooked unit in Football right now with all the attention on Manning).

Add the best QB in the game to that .... You have a contender.

This week three matchup could be the best game of the season and a preview of the AFC Championship game.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #12
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans Defense meet Peyton. Peyton meet Texans Defense. Try not to get paralyzed Peyton. And I mean that.

This is a whole new team. He should be more scared of us than we of him. It will be a great game and may be a preview of the playoffs or the AFC Championship game.

Bring him on. I can't wait to see us get some revenge for the years he beat up on us.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #13
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't look past the Jags !
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #14
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't the Broncos sign him for a pretty big contract? Considering the cuts we had to made this past offseason, there's no way we could have signed him even if we wanted to.

I'm excited for Week 3. Should be one helluva game.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #15
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46138 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Schaub is a top 10-12 QB and you'd be hard pressed to find a guy better than him in the open market or in the draft unless you pull an Indy and throw away your season.
Agree on Schaub, but a better QB was available in the open market this offseason. Not that I was advocating going after him; I honestly don't know what the best move would have been, that's why Kubiak/Smith get paid the big bucks.
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #16
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141321 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

BULL$#:T!

"Any team can beat any OTHER team on any given Sunday." :Oriel A. "Bum" Phillips

He's not invincible. Study the film of the Pittsburgh game and whomever they play this week. Look at his O-line and receivers on film and find the chink in his armor. ANYONE can be beaten. If they go in with that "doom, dispair and agony on me." attitude losing will be a self fulfilling prophesy.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #17
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Aren't we built to beat Peyton?

Seriously though, Peyton looked amazingly good last night. The broncos are going to be a tough team to beat, their defense is great and now the offense has a big boost from last year.

The bright side is if any team knows how to game plan for Peyton, it should be us.
Old 09-10-2012   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
I've always wanted to beat Manning (again) when he's at his best. The RonDayne win was alright, but I'd like to see our defense put a whup'n on him.

Don't get me wrong, I love Peyton Manning, because I think he's the best QB of my lifetime..... by far. But, if you want to be the best, you've got to put the best on his ass, again & again, & again.
Old 09-10-2012   #19
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Too bad Peyton couldnt take his colts defense with him.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Didn't the Broncos sign him for a pretty big contract? Considering the cuts we had to made this past offseason, there's no way we could have signed him even if we wanted to.

I'm excited for Week 3. Should be one helluva game.
I agree. We would have had to gut quite a bit from this team to sign Manning. Not worth it, especially when we already had some tough decisions to face to get under the cap.

Denver was in a better position to do it, and I believe that they were willing to go into a bidding war in order to get out from under the Tebow crush. Brilliant move by Elway & co., no matter how it turns out. The Broncos fanbase is so excited about Manning that they have completely forgotten their obsession with Tebow last year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read