Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-09-2012   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Peyton

Hes back. Wow. Very impressed tonight.
Old 09-09-2012   #2
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Peyton

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Hes back. Wow. Very impressed tonight.
I hate Manning with every fiber of my being and will miss him terribly when he is gone.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #3
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

He looks awesome...... Our week 3 match up is gonna be tough.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #4
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Watching this game makes me damn glad he's out of our division. He's a MACHINE.
Old 09-09-2012   #5
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15475 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

For the first time in pretty much forever I've been able to just sit back and enjoy watching Peyton play.

Usually I am rooting for him to fail being as he was in our division but I'm really appreciating it...this is why people should stop comparing Luck to one of the top 5 of all time when it comes to the QB position. Just not fair to luck...and i'm glad this guy is out of our division for good (yet look forward to the meeting later in the season.)
fiasco west is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14478 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

my gwad wk 3 is going to be tough HAS HELL TO WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #7
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

i really cant believe mcnair just dismissed any talk of the texans being interested in manning.. should have atleast kicked the tires..
Old 09-09-2012   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191640 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I hate Manning with every fiber of my being and will miss him terribly when he is gone.

Yeah , I know the feeling ..... I hate the guy .... because he doesnt play for my team.

He's got to be in the conversation for the best QB to ever play the game. When he's playing .... someone else , he's a joy to watch. We've just had to watch him a few too many times over the last decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
He looks awesome...... Our week 3 match up is gonna be tough.
Remember this team won a playoff game with Tim freakin Tebow under center .... their defense is no joke and because of Manning , they are probably the most overlooked unit in the NFL right now. That defense pretty much carried them to the post season last year.

This has the potential to be one of the best games of the year. Two great defenses , two great offenses .... could be we're watching a preview of the AFC Championship game in week three.

Lets not overlook the Jaq's.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #9
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
i really cant believe mcnair just dismissed any talk of the texans being interested in manning.. should have atleast kicked the tires..

I have to admit that I watched him tonight and wondered what he'd look like playing for us with our weapons.

Man that would have been sick. No disrespect to schaub, but if manning were here and given the freedom that he has in Denver we'd match up and down the field.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191640 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I have to admit that I watched him tonight and wondered what he'd look like playing for us with our weapons.

Man that would have been sick. No disrespect to schaub, but if manning were here and given the freedom that he has in Denver we'd match up and down the field.
Report: Texans over salary cap by 700k

Where does the money come from to sign the guy ....

Cant say I didnt entertain the thought of Peyton in a Texans uniform .... but I think it was unrealistic given the cap constraints.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #11
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, 19/26, 253 yards, 2 TDs and a Passer rating of 129.2. Doesn't get much better than that.
Old 09-10-2012   #12
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Report: Texans over salary cap by 700k

Where does the money come from to sign the guy ....

Cant say I didnt entertain the thought of Peyton in a Texans uniform .... but I think it was unrealistic given the cap constraints.
I think they could have made it work if they wanted to. Trades, cuts, restructures, extensions.

But I didn't say I thought there was a chance itd happen. Kubiak has a degree of loyalty to his guys and that's not a bad thing. Just saying it was fun to picture what he would have looked like here.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #13
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Remember this team won a playoff game with Tim freakin Tebow under center .... their defense is no joke and because of Manning , they are probably the most overlooked unit in the NFL right now. That defense pretty much carried them to the post season last year.
That and their running game. I believe I read on here that they were #1 last year? Remind you of anybody? Jacksonville a few years ago.

Having a running game has got to be foreign to Manning. I'm interested to see if Manning will remember that he has a viable running attack and to use them in certain situations.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read