Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2012   #41
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 2 VS Jaguars. Lets Predict :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini View Post
Agree! Did the Texans have any bad missed tackles, yesterday?
Yes, a few. One that continues to pop in my noodle is one where Cushing had Bush (I think it was Bush) in the backfield on a screen play. He tried patty-caking him high and Bush ran through him with a little help from an olineman. Cushing makes that play 9 times out of 10. That's why I was so irked at the time.
Old 09-10-2012   #42
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agree! Did the Texans have any bad missed tackles, yesterday?
A couple here and there. Some bad angles, too.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #43
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Yes, a few. One that continues to pop in my noodle is one where Cushing had Bush (I think it was Bush) in the backfield on a screen play. He tried patty-caking him high and Bush ran through him with a little help from an olineman. Cushing makes that play 9 times out of 10. That's why I was so irked at the time.
Drives you crazy! Especailly, if you played football. I was hounded by my high school Football coaches..tackle, wrap those arms and drive! Same thing yesterday w/Poz and Percy! No paddie cake or shoulder pad hits...also what drives me crazy watching DB's/safteys, trying to push out WR's on the sidelines... just tackle them!!!!
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012   #44
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 123249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok now anyone ready to predict haha, i guess it was to early to make this thread originally.....
Old 09-13-2012   #45
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Ok now anyone ready to predict haha, i guess it was to early to make this thread originally.....
I predict Owen Daniels has a huge game. He and Schaub are going to really kick ass this year, and I think OD gets at least a TD and ends up with around 100 yards receiving. He's going to eat them alive.

Anytime Schaub and OD make consistent, early connections in a game...it always ends up opening up everything else. Defenses freak out, they don't know who to cover, and the whole offense becomes lethal. Owen Daniels will have a monster game.

Texans win 27-17 with Kubiak burning clock in the second half and kicking a FG or two to pad the lead the rest of the way. MJD will score. I think Mercedes Lewis scores, which gives them 14 and a FG to push it to 17 for them. Not enough to match our three TDs (Foster, Daniels, and AJ) and two FGs.
Old 09-13-2012   #46
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57330 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Texans 21
Jags 24 Homer pick!

I hope for a close, entertaining game, and add a no injury game! Jags are pretty beat up..injury bug is as big a FL cockroach this year! Seems the Jags have been the walking IR team every season lately! Texans should be able to chew up the Jags 2nd defense...injuries, the lack of a pass rush, and the LB core having major issues covering the pass....also, add the horrible non-tackle/no wrapping up..made my blood boil yesterday. Is it me, or are these professional players forgetting the fundimentals of playing football?
Your D line was getting moved all over the place against the Vikes. Gabbert does look improved, Jennings hurt so MJD will have to carry the bulk. He is always dangerous no matter who's blocking for him.
Old 09-13-2012   #47
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Based on What ?

How good do you think the vikings are ?
I don't think the Vikings are very good at all. So what. The Jaguars lost a road game in overtime. That doesn't mean that won't beat the Texans.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2012   #48
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i wonder how the texans will play this game im thinking

on oFFENSIVE a heavy dose of foster foster tate tate and take ur shot downfield with AJ

but on D i bet we will not play 8 in the box and see just how much rust MJD has on him i think we will play the pass and just see how good Sunshine is make him try and beat us

hopefully we can shut down Blackmoon
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012   #49
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 123249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
I don't think the Vikings are very good at all. So what. The Jaguars lost a road game in overtime. That doesn't mean that won't beat the Texans.
sounds like u want them to the texans
Old 09-14-2012   #50
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

38-0 Texans.

It won't be as close as the score makes it look...
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012   #51
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Only prediction Im willing to make is a Texans W.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012   #52
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans win in a close game 20-16.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012   #53
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm ready for kickoff tomorrow!!!!!
Old 09-15-2012   #54
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

After looking at the injury report, I'm going to say the Texans take this in a close but easy romp. Give me a nice 24-17 for the Texans on the Jags turf.
Old 09-15-2012   #55
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

We better win with at least 7 points, or else I'm down 100$+...
Old 09-15-2012   #56
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
We better win with at least 7 points, or else I'm down 100$+...
You have more testicular fortitude than I do. I'd rather not bet on divisional games since wackiness always occurs in those.
Old 09-15-2012   #57
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
You have more testicular fortitude than I do. I'd rather not bet on divisional games since wackiness always occurs in those.
You're right and I should'nt... I'm sure I'll hate myself for it, but IF I win, I'll have more $ for beer
Old 09-16-2012   #58
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Jags lost a tough game in OT at Minnesota, so I think that they will be ready to win one at home.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read