Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-09-2012   #21
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 2 VS Jaguars. Lets Predict :)

Jags lost a tough game in OT at Minnesota, so I think that they will be ready to win one at home.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #22
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Jags lost a tough game in OT at Minnesota, so I think that they will be ready to win one at home.
Might be ready, but it wont happen
Old 09-09-2012   #23
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Might be ready, but it wont happen
I think it will.
Old 09-09-2012   #24
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

divison road game all i know its going to be alot tougher
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #25
BullBlitz
Section 331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Absolutely agree.
Old 09-09-2012   #26
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Exactly. A road division game is never a gimme game.

This is a huge game, all division games are, so I hope this team packs their big boy pants for the plane ride to Florida.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #27
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep. Their games at Jacksonville are always close.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2012   #28
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't watched the Jags game, yet, so I might change my mind about all this.

I'm very disheartened to think that Gabbert might actually have improved from last year. I wanted him to stink up the joint for a few years of sub 4-12 football before they pulled the plug on the experiment and went a new direction.

But we've shown that we've got to improve in all phases of the game. The Jags game is going to be a war. They're going to play us hard. They're going to be hard to run against and they're going to get off the bus handing the ball to MJD.

I expect a long, brutal day of football but I think we win. 24-17.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #29
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18764 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 38, Jaguars 16

This is the game the Texans offense explodes. Puts together a solid four quarters of play. The red-zone offense comes through with an impressive 5-for-6 in the red zone -- 5 TDs and one FG.

A 2-0 record. Been there and done that. I want to start off 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 for the first time in franchise history. The Texans have a lot to prove in this road game against a division rival.
Old 09-10-2012   #30
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
I think it will.
Based on What ?

How good do you think the vikings are ?
Old 09-10-2012   #31
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Based on What ?

How good do you think the vikings are ?
How good did we think the Dolphins were?

Yet we all had a bit of a growing concern until those 2nd quarter turnovers happened, which opened things up.

I'm done predicting easy wins. Every game is a test. Our guys have to think likewise, or we'll end up wondering how we blew the season.
Old 09-10-2012   #32
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

He to do it but I think we drop this one, 16-13. Hope I'm wrong though.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #33
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

"My prediction for the game?"

"Pain"

Hey, Clubber worked last week so let's see if he can go 2 for 2!
Old 09-10-2012   #34
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Bleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respected

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...et-the-texans/

28-13 Texans win Schaub carves em up and the D gets after Gabbert
Bleed_Blu_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #35
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 21
Jags 24 Homer pick!

I hope for a close, entertaining game, and add a no injury game! Jags are pretty beat up..injury bug is as big a FL cockroach this year! Seems the Jags have been the walking IR team every season lately! Texans should be able to chew up the Jags 2nd defense...injuries, the lack of a pass rush, and the LB core having major issues covering the pass....also, add the horrible non-tackle/no wrapping up..made my blood boil yesterday. Is it me, or are these professional players forgetting the fundimentals of playing football?
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #36
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini View Post
Texans 21
Jags 24 Homer pick!

I hope for a close, entertaining game, and add a no injury game! Jags are pretty beat up..injury bug is as big a FL cockroach this year! Seems the Jags have been the walking IR team every season lately! Texans should be able to chew up the Jags 2nd defense...injuries, the lack of a pass rush, and the LB core having major issues covering the pass....also, add the horrible non-tackle/no wrapping up..made my blood boil yesterday. Is it me, or are these professional players forgetting the fundimentals of playing football?
I think it's the lack of full contact drills in TC.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #37
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253428 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini View Post
Texans 21
Jags 24 Homer pick!

To me, the most revelant thing this coming Sunday is how the Texans D does against MJD. Normally this is where I'd also say we are going to win, but a road division game is never a gimmey. But I do think our offense will do better against your defense that your offense will do against our defense.

We'll find out soon enough.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #38
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
How good did we think the Dolphins were?

Yet we all had a bit of a growing concern until those 2nd quarter turnovers happened, which opened things up.

I'm done predicting easy wins. Every game is a test. Our guys have to think likewise, or we'll end up wondering how we blew the season.
I really don't think the Fins are a terrible team at all. Sherman and Philbin are both extremely talented playcallers. We caught them at the right time w a rookie qb starting first game and no playmakers at WR.

Interesting notes: The fins were only outrushed last year 6 times and were a top 3 rushing D, giving up 3.7 ypc and only a single 100 yd rusher all last year (Tate). Also, our 20 point margin of victory against them has only been outdone once in the past 3 seasons by NE in 2010.

We face another stout test with our running game this week. Hopefully our O-line has a productive week at practice and in the film room and we start to show some progress and more cohesion. This will be a tougher test for our O overall as they will likely be much better against the pass, but with Schaub on fire right now, we should be able to find our guys open and win the game in the air.

Good news is they are beat up on the O-line so while I expect MJD to run for 4.0 ypc, we should get to Gabbert eventually and force him to make some mistakes which could be the difference.

Close one score game, coming down to the last couple stressful possessions...

Texans win 23-17.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #39
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I think it's the lack of full contact drills in TC.
Agree! Did the Texans have any bad missed tackles, yesterday?
Old 09-10-2012   #40
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
To me, the most revelant thing this coming Sunday is how the Texans D does against MJD. Normally this is where I'd also say we are going to win, but a road division game is never a gimmey. But I do think our offense will do better against your defense that your offense will do against our defense.

We'll find out soon enough.
MDJ is playing "average"..he is mentally playing, what he is getting "paid." He did not look the same yesterday, he left a lot of yards on the field. I'm glad he suffered a $800k fine for the hold out!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read