Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-09-2012   #1
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 65939 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Week 2 VS Jaguars. Lets Predict :)

I know its early and we JUST got win #1, but what the hell.

The Jaguars looked ok today but i credit that to the (vikings). We will have to stop MJD and Jennings, which i think they will get theirs i still see this as a pretty big win.

Although i do see foster gaining about 120 yards on the ground.

Texans 31

Jaguars (17) - Only because our D cant slow down the Jags run game.
Old 09-09-2012   #2
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 2 VS Jaguars. Lets Predict :)

Lol, probably not the best time to ask people for predictions. The Jags are an improved team. We'll have to play a lot better next week to win. That's the only prediction I can provide right now.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #3
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1875 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Lol, probably not the best time to ask people for predictions. The Jags are an improved team. We'll have to play a lot better next week to win. That's the only prediction I can provide right now.
Yep they looked top notch while losing to the Vikings.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #4
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 65939 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
to the vikes
Old 09-09-2012   #5
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I watched quite a bit of that game. It is difficult to win on the road in the NFL and they took the lead with around 30 seconds left. To think we're just going to stroll in there and beat them with no problem is foolish. We'll have to play better.
Old 09-09-2012   #6
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1875 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I watched quite a bit of that game. It is difficult to win on the road in the NFL and they took the lead with around 30 seconds left. To think we're just going to stroll in there and beat them with no problem is foolish. We'll have to play better.
I'm not saying it will be easy but they are far from a good team.
Old 09-09-2012   #7
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm not saying it will be easy but they are far from a good team.
Great response...... I'm guessing you didn't watch the game. This is the NFL where on any given Sunday any team can win. I'm sure the 8 point favored Saints didn't think they would get beat by a rookie QB and a no name running back too.

Last edited by Texn4life; 09-09-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 09-09-2012   #8
The Medic01
Veteran

Quote:
Great response...... I'm guessing you didn't watch the game. This is the NFL where on any given Sunday any team can win. I'm the the 8 point favored Saints didn't think they would get beat by a rookie QB and a no name running back too.
I understand that but that will not change my opinion that the Jags are not good.
Old 09-09-2012   #9
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 33986 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...We'll have to play better.
I'm all for this regardless of who we are playing.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #10
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I understand that but that will not change my opinion that the Jags are not good.
We got beat by a 2-14 team on the road last year. A team doesn't have to be good to win a game. The Jags also beat the Ravens down at home last year. They now have a good receiver and a QB with a year's worth of experience under his belt. We'll probably be 3-5 point favorites, but that doesn't mean they're just going to show up and give us the game. It will be their home opener and they'll be ready to play.
Old 09-09-2012   #11
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

21-17 Texans
Old 09-09-2012   #12
The Medic01
Veteran

Quote:
We got beat by a 2-14 team on the road last year. A team doesn't have to be good to win a game. The Jags also beat the Ravens down at home last year. They now have a good receiver and a QB with a year's worth of experience under his belt. We'll probably be 3-5 point favorites, but that doesn't mean they're just going to show up and give us the game. It will be their home opener and they'll be ready to play.
You are not listening are you? I am not saying we can't lose or that it will be easy. Simply that I think we are much better they are not good and we will win.
Old 09-09-2012   #13
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Not
Are you 12 or something?
Old 09-09-2012   #14
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You are not listening are you? I am not saying we can't lose or that it will be easy. Simply that I think we are much better they are not good and we will win.
No I'm not listening because this is a message board and I can't hear you. I did read it however and you're not getting my point. My initial post only stated that they are an improved team and we'll need to play better to win. You took it somewhere else making a sarcastic reply about them looking top notch today. I'm going to chalk it up to you being drunk or dumb. Either way I'm moving on.
Old 09-09-2012   #15
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1975 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we'll come out with the win, but it'll be close mainly for the following reasons:

1. MJD and Jennings will get theirs against out run D.

2. Their run D and defense in general is fairly stout, their problems last year was on the offensive side of the ball.

3. A combination of us typically not playing our best in Jacksonville and them playing us decently on their home turf. Last year, I believe it came down to McCain having to make a play on 4th down as they were driving in the final minute of the game.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #16
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

so much negativity in here.............
Old 09-09-2012   #17
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
so much negativity in here.............
No negativity, just saying we need to play better. If you polled all of the Texans players I'm sure they would agree.
Old 09-09-2012   #18
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
No negativity, just saying we need to play better. If you polled all of the Texans players I'm sure they would agree.
Yeah you read my other thread,,,,,i feel the same way, Thing is i know they can play better so i am not to concerned.
Old 09-09-2012   #19
potisyourfriend
All Pro

Rep Power: 1624 potisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans win by 50 points.
potisyourfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #20
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Yeah you read my other thread,,,,,i feel the same way, Thing is i know they can play better so i am not to concerned.
This is true, and the big reason why I'm not worried about the season going forward. On the positive side Newton played well today. I'm honestly getting excited about his potential. The Jags game is going to boil down to execution. MJD will probably be getting the start so we'll have our hands full keeping him in check. If we can get in Gabbert's head I think we'll be good. I don't want him to get any confidence in the first qtr.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read