Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-09-2012   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Brandon Weedon: 5.1 QB Rating

I know he's a rookie, & this (imo) is not a reflection of him, or his future in the NFL, but something is wrong in Cleveland & it's not the QB.
12 of 35 118 yards & 4 INTs

Trent Richardson - 19 carries for 39 yards...... ouch!!
Old 09-09-2012   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brandon Weedon: 5.1 QB Rating

Cleveland is where players go to die.
Old 09-09-2012   #3
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not a big Richardson fan, but I do like weeden. I think Richardson is good not great so I'm surprised that both had such rough outings.

But they almost pulled out the win anyways
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #4
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

The Browns are just the most pathetic NFL franchise. All they had to do to get RG3 was to give up the Richardson pick, Weedens pick and next years first. But I guess Holmgrens such a genius, that he thought he can build the team without a Qb.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
The Browns are just the most pathetic NFL franchise. All they had to do to get RG3 was to give up the Richardson pick, Weedens pick and next years first. But I guess Holmgrens such a genius, that he thought he can build the team without a Qb.
RG3 is great, but he would not have succeeded in Cleveland like he will in Washington. Shannahan's offense is perfect for RG3.
Old 09-09-2012   #6
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

colt is a solid qb, they screwed up by trying to upgrade arguably the only position they're set at. if jacoby jones, eric winston, and johnathan wells were our highlights on offense - matt schaub would look like crap too. the browns will perpetually be in rebuild mode until they have an offensive line draft that works. if it happens they'll have the jump that the jets did with mangold and ferguson.
Old 09-09-2012   #7
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
RG3 is great, but he would not have succeeded in Cleveland like he will in Washington. Shannahan's offense is perfect for RG3.
I'm sorry, but RG3 would succed in any offense. The guy looks special. and if you don't think he would suceed in your offense, then you a hire a coach that would fit his talents.
Sponsored links
Old 09-09-2012   #8
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I hated the pick when they drafted him, and I hate it now. They're forcing him to start now because of his age, but I don't really believe he's the better QB. I hope they allow Colt to go somewhere else soon and get away from that mess of a franchise. I think he can actually be a productive QB on a good team.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
I'm sorry, but RG3 would succed in any offense. The guy looks special. and if you don't think he would suceed in your offense, then you a hire a coach that would fit his talents.
RG3 succeeded today because he was used effectively. First 6 passes were all behind the LoS. The rest of his plays was rollout after rollout to utilize his speed.

Theres a reason Shannahan is likely a future HoF coach and Pat Shumur is Pat Shumur.

I believe RG3 in Cleveland would look very different than RG3 in Washington. I'm not saying Weeden is an equal talent, just that I think RG3 was taylor made to fit Wash and Weeden is a can't succeed system
Old 09-09-2012   #10
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
RG3 succeeded today because he was used effectively. First 6 passes were all behind the LoS. The rest of his plays was rollout after rollout to utilize his speed.

Theres a reason Shannahan is likely a future HoF coach and Pat Shumur is Pat Shumur.

I believe RG3 in Cleveland would look very different than RG3 in Washington. I'm not saying Weeden is an equal talent, just that I think RG3 was taylor made to fit Wash and Weeden is a can't succeed system
I agree with you here. I loved Washington's game plan against the Saints today. They really didn't even try to throw any deep passes except for maybe 1. There is so much more they're going to be able to do with him as the season goes along.

With that said, Weeden looks very uneasy in the pocket. He does lack playmakers around him, but accuracy and arm strength can only get you so far. You have to have pocket presence and I just don't see that with him. See Blaine Gabbert
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #11
stingray
Hall of Fame

Quote:

We will see. Hit me up in three years. All I see is a bright future ahead of RG3. All I see in the Browns future, is a bunch 0f 4-12 seasons.
Old 09-09-2012   #12
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
We will see. Hit me up in three years. All I see is a bright future ahead of RG3. All I see in the Browns future, is a bunch 0f 4-12 seasons.
No doubt about it, I totally agree with both statements
Old 09-09-2012   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
With that said, Weeden looks very uneasy in the pocket. He does lack playmakers around him, but accuracy and arm strength can only get you so far. You have to have pocket presence and I just don't see that with him. See Blaine Gabbert
It would be nice if he had a pocket to learn that presence in. This is a whole 'nother level. If he doesn't have a dependable check down option that can get open quick.... he needs a pocket.

That is unless you have an RG III who can make stuff happen.
Old 09-09-2012   #14
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Last i heard is they offered that and more, but the Rams took the Redskins package due to personal ties. Unless of course, you have something to corroborate your version of the story.
Old 09-09-2012   #15
stingray
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Last i heard is they offered that and more, but the Rams took the Redskins package due to personal ties. Unless of course, you have something to corroborate your version of the story.
That's not what I heard listening to Sirius NFL Radio. They only offered the two first round picks plus a second. And I doubt the "personal relationship" trade option. The NFL is all about what can you do for me regardless if I hate or like you.
Old 09-09-2012   #16
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
The NFL is all about what can you do for me regardless if I hate or like you.
Not disagreeing with the offer, but I do think personal relationships play a role. How else do you explain the Matt Cassel trade?
Old 09-09-2012   #17
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree with that, but we don't know how good RG3 and weeded are.

Rg3 could be an elite level qb eventually and weeded could be David Carr for all we know.

It's like saying Arron Rodgers wouldn't be as good in Cleveland. Maybe not, but he'd still be a really good qb.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #18
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Very simply, you can not overstate the importance of the offensive and defensive lines. Build the trenches first and your skill position players will live up to whatever potential they have.
Old 09-10-2012   #19
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Very simply, you can not overstate the importance of the offensive and defensive lines. Build the trenches first and your skill position players will live up to whatever potential they have.
And we have a winner ....

On a side note , I wonder how long before they send McCoy back out under center .....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #20
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

New owner will surely trashcan Holmgren and pull in some mgmt. folks with Steelers ties.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read