Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

JJ Watt: All-Pro DE

Texn4life

All Pro
Dude is an animal!!!! I wasn't happy when we drafted him, but I've never been so happy to be wrong in my life.

Dutchrudder

Hall of Fame
Tannehill was notorious at A&M for staring down receivers while they moved through their routes. He telegraphs at least half his throws, and that leads to lots of tipped passes. It's also a rookie QB thing to do, so I wouldn't be surprised if the D-line gets less than 5 PDs next week.

Scooter

Funky
it's been 26 years since a defensive player won an MVP. if jj "unblockable" watt doesnt win it this year, it means he got hurt at some point, or got robbed at the end.

jjjezebel

¡Ay, caramba!
If anyone can get me a .gif of that little head shake/finger wag he did after knocking that ball away, I would love you forever and ever. I just want to watch that on an endless loop, it was so adorable.

:heart:

Dutchrudder

Hall of Fame
Oh, man...making me think. I know it was after his first tip, but I can't remember when exactly it was. :(
Did it lead to Cushing's INT? Just need something to help pin it down. I'll
Have the broadcast tomorrow.

FYI, if anyone has gif requests, pm me the time and quarter and I can make them fairly quickly.

jjjezebel

¡Ay, caramba!

FYI, if anyone has gif requests, pm me the time and quarter and I can make them fairly quickly.
No, it was just a tip. No one got a turnover from it. I'll check my hubby's pictures when he get's them up...he said he got a picture of it, and I can probably figure it out from there. He's watermarking them now, and should have them up in a bit.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
It was on quick out to Hartline in the 2nd quarter. It looked close to being a backwards pass. A couple of plays later, Watt tipped the pass that Cushing came up with.

TEXANRED

Texan-American
JJ Watt is the MF'n man!

The Texans have found themselves a special player. He takes over games and swings momentum in our favor. He did it in the Bengals playoff game and he did it again today.

eriadoc

Texan-American
Watt won't win MVP, DPOY, or even the weekly award. You know why? When they showed the highlights for the Texans game on NFLN, they showed the two tips for INTs and mentioned Cushing and Kareem Jackson. Not one mention of Watt, nor did they show his sacks. To the casual observer outside Houston, Watt doesn't exist. And it's a crying shame because every other player on defense yesterday was not performing to Watt's level until he kickstarted things. The man is a beast, a motivator, and the catalyst that gets things rolling for that defense.

Not. One. Mention.

:toropalm:

NitroGSXR

Super Sic #58
Watt won't win MVP, DPOY, or even the weekly award. You know why? When they showed the highlights for the Texans game on NFLN, they showed the two tips for INTs and mentioned Cushing and Kareem Jackson. Not one mention of Watt, nor did they show his sacks. To the casual observer outside Houston, Watt doesn't exist. And it's a crying shame because every other player on defense yesterday was not performing to Watt's level until he kickstarted things. The man is a beast, a motivator, and the catalyst that gets things rolling for that defense.

Not. One. Mention.

I think that they likely attribute Watt's 3 batted passes to Tannehill more than anything else.

I tried looking up the record for most batted passes in the NFL but I am having no luck. Watt has been on a tear with batted passes over his last 3-4 games. I bet his is one of the most ever. I've never seen anything like it before. I think another game like this and the talking heads will be Watt this and that.

eriadoc

Texan-American
I think that they likely attribute Watt's 3 batted passes to Tannehill more than anything else.

I tried looking up the record for most batted passes in the NFL but I am having no luck. Watt has been on a tear with batted passes over his last 3-4 games. I bet his is one of the most ever. I've never seen anything like it before.
Yep. It's no coincidence. The man has a feel for it and studies QBs to try and improve upon it. It's every bit as disruptive a play as a sack when it doesn't go for an INT. When it does ... well, 3 scores in 2 minutes, LOL.

SAMURAITEXAN

All Pro
A great team always got one really special player on D side that can able to change the game and I believe we have that special player in JJ Watt!!!

Thank you JJ!!! You made my day!

Go Texans!!!

Scooter

Funky
lost in the swatts is he also lead the team with 2 sacks (only credited with 1.5?), huge for a 34 defensive end.

2012Champs

Hall of Fame
it's been 26 years since a defensive player won an MVP. if jj "unblockable" watt doesnt win it this year, it means he got hurt at some point, or got robbed at the end.

Lets not get waaayyy ahead of ourselves here. It was one game and wouldnt be enough for league MVP

utahmark

markbeth

Not. One. Mention.

Peter King noticed:

3. Houston (1-0). Does J.J. Watt have a big impact every game he plays, or is that just my imagination? Another 1.5 sacks and three passes deflected against Miami. Incredible for a 290-pound, 3-4 defensive end.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/09/10/Week1/index.html#ixzz265C7ERrT

RunninRaven

Practice Squad
If JJ Watt's career path continues as it is now, I could see him changing the 3-4 DE position (and maybe DE/DT positions in general). Teams will have more drills teaching the timing of batting passes, will game plan around getting guys in position. It will become a point of emphasis league-wide whereas many teams probably don't focus on it much today. But seeing how disruptive it can be when you have a guy that does it well...I could see it changing how teams operate.

And that's awesome.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Watt is starting to remind me of a certain DE, and his name is Jared Allen. Loving having a guy like this. :kingkong:

And by the way, for all you Mario Williams junkies who swore by that lazy ass all those years, what game in Texans history did Mario ever have that kind of impact?? Watt is the real deal of what Mario Williams was supposed to be. This is the guy that we've been needing all of these years. Mario will sulk in Buffalo. Watt for defensive player of the year!

Last edited: