Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans name team captains for 2012 season

i like the dobbins pick for special teams. i wasnt very high on the guy when he first signed on, but he seems to have really adapted to the texans and appears to work as hard as anyone. after a great preseason, i hope that hard work pays off and he earns a spot next to cushing later in the season.

Quarterback Matt Schaub and wide receiver Andre Johnson are the offensive captains.

Defensive end Antonio Smith and inside linebacker Brian Cushing are the defensive captains.

Inside linebacker Tim Dobbins is the Texans’ special teams captain. Each captain is selected by a vote of his teammates.

Quarterback Matt Schaub and wide receiver Andre Johnson are the offensive captains.

Defensive end Antonio Smith and inside linebacker Brian Cushing are the defensive captains.

Inside linebacker Tim Dobbins is the Texans’ special teams captain. Each captain is selected by a vote of his teammates.

Perfect!!

Someone please explain to me what an NFL team captain means.

Here's Jeff Darlington on that very question...
But what happens next? Where do the responsibilities of team captains -- as voted on by players across the league this week -- really begin and end? Forget about finding an exact set of captains' guidelines. Subjectivity is as much a part of discovering a captain as it is of serving as one.
LINK

Someone please explain to me what an NFL team captain means.

They get to wear the hat...

eeebb_120906-biz-getting-fired-fast-times.photoblog500.jpg

I always thought it was who the players see as the leaders of the team in each category.

If there's something going on that the players have a concern about, the captains can address it with management. Having 15 players each walk into Kubiak's office complaining about the same thing would be unproductive.

Instead, if Kubiak got a visit from Mart and Andre on behalf of the entire offense, Kubiak would know that the issue is serious.

Back