Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-08-2012   #21
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: HoustonTexans.com will publish entire game broadcast of first win vs Cowboys tomm

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
A diplay of the PSL owners from year 1? Where is that?
My pocketbook is proudly displayed on that wall!!

I haven't been by there in several years, kinda forgot about it. Might have to take another look on Sunday. Don't think I've ever shown my grandkids that wall.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012   #22
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: HoustonTexans.com will publish entire game broadcast of first win vs Cowboys tomm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo orlando View Post
Anybody else think it's long since time we put this "milestone moment" permanenty to bed? Sure, it was great when it happened but with history's hindsight it's pretty bittersweet. The Cow****s turned out to be a 5-11 team that year (Texans were 4-12). Dave Campo was the coach. Quincy Carter and Chad Hutchinson were the quarterbacks. Texans built on the big victory with 4 depressing-as-hell years of Capers/Casserly/Carr. To me, this game is like a great party with your friend from college who soon after moved in with you, got strung out on meth, and stole all your stuff. You knew you should have kicked him out sooner, but that one great night clouded your mind.
WOW if you dont enjoy watching this game no matter what kind of team the cowboys turned out to be or how long ago then i need you to ask yourself one questions...

AM i really a texans fan.....

Not saying your not but i gurantee you that that was and will always be a special day for any and every texans fan. Just saying
Old 09-08-2012   #23
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32528 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans play Dallas once every 4 years in a comparatively meaningless inter-conference game: just don't get the preoccupation with that NFC franchise by so many fans in Houston, especially for a game that was played 10 years ago ? Texans won that game, that's great, but move on people it was played 10 years ago.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012   #24
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Texans play Dallas once every 4 years in a comparatively meaningless inter-conference game: just don't get the preoccupation with that NFC franchise by so many fans in Houston, especially for a game that was played 10 years ago ? Texans won that game, that's great, but move on people it was played 10 years ago.
Dont understand why we celebrate birthdays then, our the 4th of july, Christmas, Anything in the past.......

That was the birth of OUR frachise. So a lot of us consider that special.
Old 09-08-2012   #25
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32528 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Dont understand why we celebrate birthdays then, our the 4th of july, Christmas, Anything in the past.......

That was the birth of OUR frachise. So a lot of us consider that special.
From what I seem to get from a lot of Houstonians about that game was the big deal was beating Dallas, not necessarily winning the inaugural game in franchise history ? You tell me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it would have been such a big deal if they'd beat any other NFL team in that franchise opener 10 years ago ?
Old 09-08-2012   #26
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Where is the link for the entire game? I can't seem to find it. Rep to the first person that posts it for me.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012   #27
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
From what I seem to get from a lot of Houstonians about that game was the big deal was beating Dallas, not necessarily winning the inaugural game in franchise history ? You tell me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it would have been such a big deal if they'd beat any other NFL team in that franchise opener 10 years ago ?
It being Dallas was a fun part of it, speaking as one who grew up in Houston. It was a big deal, a great way to start a franchise, an improbable beginning. Something fun to go back and look at. The fact that it was Dallas made it better.

So what if we still like to acknowledge it. I don't understand your apparent problem.

As to the bolded part, thing is it was Dallas. If...if...if. I don't like the IF arguments. Fiction is what it is. If my grandother had nuts I wouldn't have called her Granny.
Old 09-08-2012   #28
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
It is the initial PSL owners. I don't know exactly the cut off. I believe about the first 12,000 to sign up.

I know it is stupid but it is nice to feel like you helped build the house your team plays in. And it is nice to be able to walk your kids up to a landmark and show them their name.
thats awesome. I remember them talking about it now, just never thought to go look. I'm going to go check for my name oct 21st vs Baltimore. Cant wait!
Old 09-08-2012   #29
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No it would not of been as big a deal. Did you grow up in Houston? I moved from Houston to Lufkin when I was 12. Being a town closer to Houston than Dallas I thought there would be plenty of Oiler fans there, Boy was I wrong. I suffered through 3 cowboy superbowls while our Oilers found a new way to break my heart every year. Every friend I had was a cowboy's fan. To have our new team beat the team that tormented me for all those years. That was special. I will never get tired of watching that game.
Old 09-08-2012   #30
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
problem.

If my grandother had nuts I wouldn't have called her Granny.
Solid logic there SH-100
Old 09-08-2012   #31
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

So, anyone know where this game is at? Anyone? Bueller?

Old 09-08-2012   #32
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
So, anyone know where this game is at? Anyone? Bueller?
+1, I've been looking myself and nada.
Old 09-08-2012   #33
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
+1, I've been looking myself and nada.
all i see is a 12 minute video with player commentary talking about the win, but not the whole game.....
Old 09-08-2012   #34
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
i agree, that part makes it more special but it was still special regardless.
Old 09-08-2012   #35
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
The fact of the matter is that most of us Houston fans have been jibed, ridiculed, and teased for our NFL allegiance for a long time. You get outside Houston and the rest of Texas are Dallas fans. So yeah, to win that way against that team felt good because it was basically a STFU card for a while. Furthermore, the animosity between Dallas and Houston goes deeper than football, and we Houstonians tire of the uppity Dallasites trying to act like they're better than us when they're not. I'll never forget as a child passing through Dallas and stopping at a filling station for the restroom. There was a sign over the toilet that said "Flush twice, Houston needs water".

Football is the one area they've got us, so when we get a chance to tell them to STFU for a while, it's nice. Actually, the best part about that game wasn't that we got to tell them to STFU; it was that we didn't have to. They did it on their own.
Old 09-08-2012   #36
bo orlando
Veteran

Rep Power: 1426 bo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
The fact of the matter is that most of us Houston fans have been jibed, ridiculed, and teased for our NFL allegiance for a long time. You get outside Houston and the rest of Texas are Dallas fans. So yeah, to win that way against that team felt good because it was basically a STFU card for a while. Furthermore, the animosity between Dallas and Houston goes deeper than football, and we Houstonians tire of the uppity Dallasites trying to act like they're better than us when they're not. I'll never forget as a child passing through Dallas and stopping at a filling station for the restroom. There was a sign over the toilet that said "Flush twice, Houston needs water".

Football is the one area they've got us, so when we get a chance to tell them to STFU for a while, it's nice. Actually, the best part about that game wasn't that we got to tell them to STFU; it was that we didn't have to. They did it on their own.

Are you kidding? It's stuff like this that makes Dallas look down on us with confused, pitying laughter. "Wait a minute, you guys make your most cherished moment the time you beat our worst team of the last 20 years in a regular season game?"

Let's beat the piss out of them in a super bowl and then I'll gloat. In fact, gloating is for the weak-minded so screw that. Let the Texans continue to beat the piss out of everybody for the next few years and we won't have to stand on random small victories like this game.
bo orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012   #37
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142677 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo orlando View Post
Are you kidding? It's stuff like this that makes Dallas look down on us with confused, pitying laughter. "Wait a minute, you guys make your most cherished moment the time you beat our worst team of the last 20 years in a regular season game?"

Let's beat the piss out of them in a super bowl and then I'll gloat. In fact, gloating is for the weak-minded so screw that. Let the Texans continue to beat the piss out of everybody for the next few years and we won't have to stand on random small victories like this game.
Well, yeah, duh.

But when your team is a new franchise without any history, it's games like that first game of your history that are important. To dismiss the fact that we won our first game as a football team against our cross-state rivals as an important milestone is silly. How long did the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have to wait to win their first game? 26 games.

We don't have a history of winning. We haven't gone to the SB. We haven't been to the playoffs multiple years in a row. We don't have a lot from a tradition standpoint to hang our hats on.

Cleveland fans are still proud of Bernie Kozar and Jim Brown. Raider, Niner, and Cowboy fans still strut around bragging about their Super Bowl victories. And all of that happened before we even existed as a team.

So, yeah, beating the Cowboys 19-10 in our first game is a historic game for me and one I still cherish. Arian Foster winning a rushing title and Matt Schaub winning a passing title are things I cherish as well. But before I can start being proud and talking about our winning tradition, we've got to start winning and make it a tradition. When we do that, I'll start being proud about that, too.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012   #38
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

So where's the damn game?? I was all mentally prepaired for this today.

Old 09-08-2012   #39
Showtime100
Got AJ?

I'm beginning to think that 12:14 clip is what they were talking about.

I mean, it's almost 5:00 and no game yet. I still have my Season Eve ritual to do (watching all the Texans vids I can find).
Old 09-08-2012   #40
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 22174 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone recall that same year the Texans beat a very good Pittsburg team in Pittsburg with almost negative stats? I was in Dallas when that happened, and the cheers were very loud, so it seems that at least the Cowboys fans in the stadium on that day recovered pretty quickly from our loss to the Texans.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read