Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-07-2012   #1
Ruinondd
Veteran

Rep Power: 1260 Ruinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respected
Default HoustonTexans.com will publish entire game broadcast of first win vs Cowboys tommorow

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...5-8d3d3b164d17

Link is to the preview video
So happy, I've never been able to find a recording of that game.
Ruinondd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #2
roooshi
#Demaryius2HOU

Rep Power: 0 roooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: HoustonTexans.com will publish entire game broadcast of first win vs Cowboys tomm

Can someone download the actual video and then torrent it? Ive been looking for this torrent for a while.
roooshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: HoustonTexans.com will publish entire game broadcast of first win vs Cowboys tomm

That's awesome!!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Sweet!
Old 09-07-2012   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Awwwwwww!! Get to watch my fav TE of all time again!! NICE!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess this marks the 10 year anniversary of that game? Remember when that game was our only claim to fame?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #7
Ruinondd
Veteran

Rep Power: 1260 Ruinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by roooshi View Post
Can someone download the actual video and then torrent it? Ive been looking for this torrent for a while.
It will probably be just a video on the site. However is someone wants to take the time you could fraps it, run it through a program to lower the size (fraps files are HUGE) and upload it.
Ruinondd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-07-2012   #8
bo orlando
Veteran

Rep Power: 1426 bo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody else think it's long since time we put this "milestone moment" permanenty to bed? Sure, it was great when it happened but with history's hindsight it's pretty bittersweet. The Cow****s turned out to be a 5-11 team that year (Texans were 4-12). Dave Campo was the coach. Quincy Carter and Chad Hutchinson were the quarterbacks. Texans built on the big victory with 4 depressing-as-hell years of Capers/Casserly/Carr. To me, this game is like a great party with your friend from college who soon after moved in with you, got strung out on meth, and stole all your stuff. You knew you should have kicked him out sooner, but that one great night clouded your mind.
bo orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #9
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 167815 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo orlando View Post
Anybody else think it's long since time we put this "milestone moment" permanenty to bed? Sure, it was great when it happened but with history's hindsight it's pretty bittersweet. The Cow****s turned out to be a 5-11 team that year (Texans were 4-12). Dave Campo was the coach. Quincy Carter and Chad Hutchinson were the quarterbacks. Texans built on the big victory with 4 depressing-as-hell years of Capers/Casserly/Carr. To me, this game is like a great party with your friend from college who soon after moved in with you, got strung out on meth, and stole all your stuff. You knew you should have kicked him out sooner, but that one great night clouded your mind.
It's a permanent milestone, the first game, first victory, and against the Cowboys to boot (no pun intended).

As for the party analogy, sorry to hear that. It must have been awful. (kidding)
Old 09-07-2012   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo orlando View Post
Anybody else think it's long since time we put this "milestone moment" permanenty to bed?
Nope. Put in perspective by some, sure. But it was one of the greatest NFL opening days ever. Frankly, it probably made the Texans a lot more money over the next few years. That doesn't mean it has to be the pinnacle for the franchise, of course. It's just one game that we remember fondly.
Old 09-07-2012   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree completely with eriadoc. And judging by the reactions of fans at Texans Talk and the fact at the franchise is putting the game on their website, there are a lot of fans that have no desire to forget this game.

It was a fun night and one I will never forget, regardless of how much success the Texans have in the future.
Old 09-07-2012   #12
bo orlando
Veteran

Rep Power: 1426 bo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post

As for the party analogy, sorry to hear that. It must have been awful. (kidding)
Thanks bro. That friend's name-- "Bennie Joppru"
bo orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #13
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I was there in all my Cowboys gear.

Although I was still enthusiastic about the Texans and being a PSL owner having the experience of going over to the hotel and selecting my seat. Funny thing in all of that, I still haven't checked the display for my name, and better put that on my bucket list of things I would like to before I die.

Being a Cowboys lifer, the results were embarrassing. Not because it was the Texans, but the FACT that we were so pathetic we couldn't beat an expansion team in their first game. We had grown accustomed to the 5-11 and wondered if Jerry would ever hire a competent coach, but that was an in-your-face rock bottom. Thankfully, if there was a silver lining, we got rid of Campo. Trust me, after that game his coaching decision were as bad if not worse throught the rest of that season.

I probably won't be watching the rebroadcast, but it's mainly because once I've seen a game, I rarely take a second look, and if so it is usually within a few days.
StarStruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Funny thing in all of that, I still haven't checked the display for my name, and better put that on my bucket list of things I would like to before I die.
Have only done it one time back during the opening season. Nice to know it is there though.
Old 09-07-2012   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Nope. Put in perspective by some, sure. But it was one of the greatest NFL opening days ever. Frankly, it probably made the Texans a lot more money over the next few years. That doesn't mean it has to be the pinnacle for the franchise, of course. It's just one game that we remember fondly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I agree completely with eriadoc. And judging by the reactions of fans at Texans Talk and the fact at the franchise is putting the game on their website, there are a lot of fans that have no desire to forget this game.

It was a fun night and one I will never forget, regardless of how much success the Texans have in the future.
I'm thinking I need to save my copy of the game in a few different places.
I haven't rewatched it for a long time, and who knows, both my DVD and mpg versions might have gone bad - I surely hope not.

This one has got to be a keepsake!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012   #16
Lucky

Rep Power: 184792 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I guess this marks the 10 year anniversary of that game? Remember when that game was our only claim to fame?
It was a great night, and that's how I'll remember it. Re-watching the game? I'm pretty much over the details. More of an experience than anything.
Old 09-08-2012   #17
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

My ears were ringing into the next day!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012   #18
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Have only done it one time back during the opening season. Nice to know it is there though.
A diplay of the PSL owners from year 1? Where is that?
Old 09-08-2012   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
A diplay of the PSL owners from year 1? Where is that?
It is the initial PSL owners. I don't know exactly the cut off. I believe about the first 12,000 to sign up.

I know it is stupid but it is nice to feel like you helped build the house your team plays in. And it is nice to be able to walk your kids up to a landmark and show them their name.
Old 09-08-2012   #20
LEATHERHEAD
Veteran

Section: 123 C
Rep Power: 1017 LEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respected

Arrrrrg.. Leatherhead of the wall of Fame
LEATHERHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read