Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-06-2012   #1
gwallaia

Rep Power: 69621 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Art Modell dies

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/83...modell-dies-87

Not all the comments I've read from Cleveland fans are friendly. I can only imagine what will happen when Bud dies.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012   #2
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Art Modell dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post

Not all the comments I've read from Cleveland fans are friendly. I can only imagine what will happen when Bud dies.
I think Bud is older than 87. BUT, regardless of how we really feel about these old dudes, they are part of the reason we have pro football today. Without them there would be NO Cleveland Browns, Balt Ravens, Tenn Titans, or Houston Texans!

My prayers will be sent for his family.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I think Bud is older than 87. BUT, regardless of how we really feel about these old dudes, they are part of the reason we have pro football today. Without them there would be NO Cleveland Browns, Balt Ravens, Tenn Titans, or Houston Texans!

Pud is 89.
Old 09-06-2012   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I was raised by the rule: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".
Old 09-06-2012   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post

That's true. Without Bud, we'd be rooting for the Houston Cowboys and celebrating 5 Super Bowls in 9 appearances. true story...
Old 09-06-2012   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post

These users put it nicely I think

Quote:
bigukfan0
As a Browns fan, I won't dance on the guy's grave. But the idea that somehow all the hate and anger will now go away is a joke. It's like the ex-wife who cheats on you, stomps on your heart and leaves and takes everything. You can move on in your life, but you don't have to suddenly say forgive, forget and say nice things.

gateslikeisaiah77
Die Hard Browns fan here....who remembers the move like it was yesterday.

I am not glad this guy is dead. And I never wished any harm on the guy. With that said, i don't have to like him or suddenly say he was a great guy. People who knew him said he was kind and friendly. That is fine. But plain and simple, he committed the worst sin an owner can commit. He moved a team that still had the support of the city.

Best wishes to his family and friends. But as a fan of the Browns, I don't suddenly view him in a different light
Old 09-06-2012   #7
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

A bud of mine from Cleveland might be doing a happy dance.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-06-2012   #8
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

RIP. I remember when he was referred to as Heartbreak Modell.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012   #9
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 126444 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Pud is 89.
POS is 89.
Old 09-06-2012   #10
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 126444 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was raised by the rule: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".
I was raised by the rule: "If you don't have anything nice to say, write about it on TexansTalk.com, facebook, myspace, twitter, hi5, ChristianMingle.com, AshleyMadison.com, EffYouBudAdams.com, and e-harmony.com.'
Old 09-06-2012   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
I was raised by the rule: "If you don't have anything nice to say, write about it on TexansTalk.com, facebook, myspace, twitter, hi5, ChristianMingle.com, AshleyMadison.com, EffYouBudAdams.com, and e-harmony.com.'
Are you stalking me? How did you know all my bookmarks?!
Old 09-06-2012   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

When Bud Adams dies I'll say the same thing I'm going to say about Art Modell dying.

"Good, now somebody cut off his head, pack his mouth with a pound of salt, and bury him face down so he doesn't come back"
Old 09-06-2012   #13
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Pud is 89.
This is why the Texans need to win the whole thing this year. My biggest wish as a Texan fan is that they win the Super Bowl before Bud kicks off.

That would be the greatest eff yew from H-Town that could ever be given.

Old 09-06-2012   #14
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

When someone does something so bad that hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people hate that person, I have a hard time wagging a finger at the victims. Modell made his choices knowing full well what the fallout would be. Don't care about the Browns or Cleveland, but F&^% him.
Old 09-06-2012   #15
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Art rocked. RIP
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #16
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
That's true. Without Bud, we'd be rooting for the Houston Cowboys and celebrating 5 Super Bowls in 9 appearances. true story...
... really?

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
... really?
yep. The NFL wanted to put the expansion team in Houston in 1960, but Bud pulled political strings to keep the NFL from using Rice Stadium. He did not want any competition with his new AFL team.

The NFL decided to just avoid the hassle and gave the team to Dallas. The AFL team in Dallas - the Dallas Texans - moved to Kansas City and became the Chiefs. The rest, as they say, is history.

It's well detailed in the book, Oiler Blues: The Story of Pro Football's Most Frustrating Team, among other sources.
Old 09-07-2012   #18
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Quote:
Are you stalking me? How did you know all my bookmarks?!
If I were I would ahve included 'gayheadbanger.com' just kidding DB.
Old 09-07-2012   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
If I were I would ahve included 'gayheadbanger.com' just kidding DB.
I was just looking for fashion tips. Honest!
Old 09-07-2012   #20
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Quote:
I was just looking for fashion tips. Honest!
Riiiiiiiight.......... and Michael Barry was just there to wrap his lips around the dark frosy long necks. You're a good sport.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read