Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-07-2012   #41
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Gameplan's 2012 Texans vs Dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I'm scratching my head on this one. I would expect a post like this from a hardcore Dolphin fan or a Bush jocker (if there are actually anymore out there). But not a student of the game.
Lucky, you are using that term very loosely right now.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #42
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
I'm sorry, you can't honestly say that Talent-wise Miami isn't equal to the Texans RBs. You're also undervaluing what they drafted in Lamar Miller, who is better than Forsett. Bush in the Texans Off would put up similar numbers as Foster, Foster in the Dolphins Off would put up similar numbers as Bush. Bush is more explosive than Foster, but Foster is more powerful.

Its a wash honestly and unbiasedly
There is no way you could convince anybody not on a Dolphins forum that Reggie Bush would put up similar numbers to Arian Foster in the Texans offense. You even just say it off-the-cuff as if we all should know this and you provide nothing to even back up this pretty ambiguous statement.

EDIT: If the best argument you have for Bush is "I believe he is exceptionally talented" you should probably keep that particular opinion to yourself. We can all believe that one player or another is exceptionally talented, but if they don't produce on the field they are not as good as the players that do produce on the field. That's like Skip Bayless levels of perpetuating arguments.
Old 09-07-2012   #43
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2802 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Agree with every Texans fan on here.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #44
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

I will say this in his favor. When talking about Ben Tate and Thomas side by side with the same blocking/offensive scheme I'd say they are very similar. Production is what matters for the win, yes. And he predicts the Texans to win. But all he says is that the running backs themselves have similar levels of talent.
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #45
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the point Em is dancing around isn't so much that Bush is all world, it's that he genuinely believes Arian and Tate's success is very much a product of our system, which I think is BS. Arian Foster is a top 3 back in this league, no matter what team he plays for.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #46
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeycharp89 View Post
I will say this in his favor. When talking about Ben Tate and Thomas side by side with the same blocking/offensive scheme I'd say they are very similar. Production is what matters for the win, yes. And he predicts the Texans to win. But all he says is that the running backs themselves have similar levels of talent.
Well to use his poor logic against him...... He says the reason that Bush is on the same level as Foster is because he's more explosive. I don't think anyone in their right mind would argue that Thomas is more explosive than Tate. On top of that Tate runs just as hard as Thomas, and without looking up the stats I'd bet that he probably breaks more tackles. The argument is extremely poor. Plus, he says that Miller is better than Forsett? Miller's 3 ypc in the preseason were very impressive. The kid hasn't shown anything in the NFL to show that he's better than Forsett.

He's basically pulling stuff out of his backside with his argument. Sometimes people say things without thinking and are afraid to admit when they're full of it. To be honest this is the first of his videos I've ever seen. Bad first impression as I'm very unimpressed.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #47
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Does EmDiggy post his productions on both teams sites? If so, he's probably just being a bit political so as not to completly alienate a team's fans on that site. Even still, I wouldn't compare Reggie Bust to Foster except in the catagory of golf cart vs Chevy Camaro. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-07-2012   #48
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Does EmDiggy post his productions on both teams sites? If so, he's probably just being a bit political so as not to completly alienate a team's fans on that site. Even still, I wouldn't compare Reggie Bust to Foster except in the catagory of golf cart vs Chevy Camaro. LOL
I think maybe he shouldve picked a better category to express his political correctness as the rb's are not even close.

It'd be like comparing Stephen hill to Andre Johnson and saying the wr position is a wash because hill is big, strong and fast and the talent is there.

Nevermind that he hasn't actually done anything.

Jmo, but when you're an analyst I think you should stick to the facts and it's s proven fact that the texans backfield trumps the dlolphins.

It'd be completely different if in his commentary he says something like:

"the texans obviously have the more accomplished backfield and they get the edge here, but I like the combination of bush and Thomas. Bush turned it on last year and had his best season as a pro. With a rookie qb and a new head coach that will be more dedicated to feeding his backs I think bush is ready to take the next step in his career and begin to legitimize himself as a featured back in this league. The talent is definitely there and bush's explosiveness could prove dangerous for defenses if he's finally put it together. This is a match up to watch and observe"

THAT would have made more sense to me. But to say the rb position is a wash at this point just sounds ridiculous. I think he hash a bush crush because the logic he uses is that bush and Thomas would equal foster and Tate in our system...:umm: That doesn't make any sense even if we go with the assumption that it's true.

They aren't going to be running in our system. They are going to be running in theirs. Seems like a strange arguing point to me.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #49
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Thanks SS! I think you can place Bush/Thomas in that offense and you won't miss a beat.

Yep..and I approve that statement #Hunt2012
Old 09-07-2012   #50
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think maybe he shouldve picked a better category to express his political correctness as the rb's are not even close.

It'd be like comparing Stephen hill to Andre Johnson and saying the wr position is a wash because hill is big, strong and fast and the talent is there.

Jmo, but when you're an analyst I think you should stick to the facts and it's s proven fact that the texans backfield trumps the dlolphins.

"the texans obviously have the more accomplished backfield and they get the edge here, but I like the combination of bush and Thomas. Bush turned it on last year and had his best season as a pro. With a rookie qb and a new head coach that will be more dedicated to feeding his backs I think bush is ready to take the next step in his career and begin to legitimize himself as a featured back in this league. The talent is definitely there and bush's explosiveness could prove dangerous for defenses if he's finally put it together. This is a match up to watch and observe"

THAT would have made more sense to me. But to say the rb position is a wash at this point just sounds ridiculous. I think he hash a bush crush because the logic he uses is that bush and Thomas would equal foster and Tate in our system...:umm: That doesn't make any sense even if we go with the assumption that it's true.

They aren't going to be running in our system. They are going to be running in theirs. Seems like a strange arguing point to me.
Well said, ReyDiggy.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #51
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The entire "system" argument can be shot down by naming off every back the Texans have had prior to Arian Foster. Slaton, Brown, Moats, Dayne, Green, Gado, Adminchinobe. The argument pretty much falls apart when people realize you actually still have to have a decent back in the system in order to produce a top of the line NFL rushing attack.
Old 09-07-2012   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And you keep saying you feel bush has exceptional talent. I won't argue with you on that.
I'm going to argue with that.
Quote:
I think a lot of players in the NFL have exceptional talent.
Agree with that. You don't get to the NFL without talent. Jacoby Jones is one talented mopho
Quote:
Jmo, but bush is not as good as foster...
I think we're way past opinion on this.... 6 years for Bush, 3 years for Foster. Your head is buried deep in the sand if you still think it's an opinion issue.
Quote:
Ahmad Bradshaw is a better rb than Reggie bush. Frank gore, McFadden, Charles, mojo, unmotivated Chris Johnson...
Heck, just look at the Saints if he's going to say it's a system thing. Darren Sproles (who is what Reggie Bush was supposed to be when they drafted him) gained 1300 yards from scrimmage & 7 TDs. Bush's first season he got 1200 yards & 2 TDs.... that was his best season as a Saint & the other 4 were no where close.

Pierre Thomas, different kind of back, but you're not going to get the Saints to trade him for a 6th round swap, because he produces in that system.

Chris Ivory... the Saints would rather have Chris Ivory instead of Reggie Bush on their roster & he looks productive at times.

Pierre Thomas, Darren Sproles, Chris Ivory.... they ain't Arian Foster & they produced much better in the system Reggie Bush didn't. Put Arian Foster on the Saints & I guarantee you he will blow Reggie's best numbers out of the water in less than 10 games.

Guaranteed!!!

Old 09-07-2012   #53
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 33080 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

Pierre Thomas, Darren Sproles, Chris Ivory.... they ain't Arian Foster & they produced much better in the system Reggie Bush didn't. Put Arian Foster on the Saints & I guarantee you he will blow Reggie's best numbers out of the water in less than 10 games.

Guaranteed!!!

Let's be fair now, the Saints are ALWAYS stacked at RB, and Bush never really got a chance to be a prime time back, I think this year he'll get that chance.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #54
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm sorry, you can't honestly say that Talent-wise Miami isn't equal to the Texans RBs. You're also undervaluing what they drafted in Lamar Miller, who is better than Forsett. Bush in the Texans Off would put up similar numbers as Foster, Foster in the Dolphins Off would put up similar numbers as Bush. Bush is more explosive than Foster, but Foster is more powerful.

Its a wash honestly and unbiasedly
um yeah I can honestly say that the Dolphins RBs aren't near as talented as the Texans.. any other NFL fan in the league would say that. Hell I bet the majority of Dolphin fans don't even believe their backs are as talented as ours. This "football expert" is the same guy who said the Colts had a more talented backfield a year ago.. he simply doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to the RB position.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #55
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Let's be fair now, the Saints are ALWAYS stacked at RB, and Bush never really got a chance to be a prime time back.
It wasn't because of a lack of giving him chances.. they had to go to a committee, because of how awful Bush was and how many times he failed running up the middle. Speed doesn't mean crap when you lack the vision and insticts. Who was more explosive, Hollings or DD?
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #56
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Let's be fair now, the Saints are ALWAYS stacked at RB, and Bush never really got a chance to be a prime time back, I think this year he'll get that chance.
He didn't have to. If he would have produced like Sproles did, in the same situation, they never would have got rid of him. They'd have been happy with that production, I'd have been happy with that production.

You wouldn't have the "decoy" arguments the Saints fans used for him for years. Sproles isn't a "decoy" he's an offensive weapon. He is someone you have to gameplan for.

OT...... FYI, EMDiggy posted this yesterday on Phins.com
Quote:
Thanks Gang! I guess the big debate I started with Texans fans is btw the RB comment of it being a "push".. I truly believe Talent-wise its the same. Some people can't separate numbers from their argument, when numbers ALWAYS lie...
He hasn't gotten any real responses yet.
Old 09-07-2012   #57
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Does EmDiggy post his productions on both teams sites? LOL
He does, my new thing for this year is to spend the week before each game hanging out at the opponents board, this week it is thephins.com. Nice enough members, horrible layout.

Anywho, I asked them what they thought, opinions vary. Some feel our 1-2 punch is better but there 1-3 is superior, others feel it is our OL and system that makes the difference.

They seem pretty happy with what they have and consider it the strongest part of their team.
Old 09-07-2012   #58
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
He does, my new thing for this year is to spend the week before each game hanging out at the opponents board, this week it is thephins.com. Nice enough members, horrible layout.

Anywho, I asked them what they thought, opinions vary. Some feel our 1-2 punch is better but there 1-3 is superior, others feel it is our OL and system that makes the difference.

They seem pretty happy with what they have and consider it the strongest part of their team.
Cool, thanks for checking that out. As to the Dolphin fans, hey, if they are happy with their team, good for them.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #59
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post

www.finheaven.com forums has a lot of posters.
Old 09-07-2012   #60
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

That board seems like it would be just as awful to look at as thephins.

Let me just express how grateful I am that this board is run the way it is with all the limits and restrictions it has on content of signatures and avatars etc.

This board is by far the easiest to read message board I have visited.

THANK YOU

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read