Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-05-2012   #1
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Football Gameplan's 2012 Texans vs Dolphins

Texans vs Dolphins Video Preview

Good afternoon Texans fans! Good luck this week!

Em
EmDiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012   #2
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Gameplan's 2012 Texans vs Dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
Texans vs Dolphins Video Preview

Good afternoon Texans fans! Good luck this week!

Em
Good to see you back with your predictions again this year Diggy. I can't watch it at work but SURELY you picked us to skin some Phins, huh?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012   #3
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

All in all a solid preview.

That being said, there is no way to call Reggie Bush and Daniel Thomas "even" with Arian Foster and Ben Tate. That is insane.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012   #4
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post

That being said, there is no way to call Reggie Bush and Daniel Thomas "even" with Arian Foster and Ben Tate. That is insane.
Like I said, I'm at work and can't listen to it. Have to catch it when I get home tonight but...

Diggy, did you really say that? Well that's just...

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012   #5
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the part where all the position advantage checkboxes are filled in on the Texans' side.
Old 09-05-2012   #6
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Good to see you back with your predictions again this year Diggy. I can't watch it at work but SURELY you picked us to skin some Phins, huh?
LOL! Thanks Drs! Glad to be back! You know I picked the Cougars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post

Thanks SS! I think you can place Bush/Thomas in that offense and you won't miss a beat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Like I said, I'm at work and can't listen to it. Have to catch it when I get home tonight but...

Diggy, did you really say that? Well that's just...
Yep..and I approve that statement #Hunt2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I like the part where all the position advantage checkboxes are filled in on the Texans' side.
Its crazy when you look at the visual of where teams have the advantage..puts everything in perspective doesn't it?
Old 09-05-2012   #7
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice to see you Em and thanks for Video.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-05-2012   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

There's not a team in the NFL that would take Bush/Thomas over Foster/Tate. Not one.

Emdiggy, what was your record on your Texans predictions last Year?
Old 09-05-2012   #9
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Bush/Thomas equal to Foster/Tate? Put the pipe down dude! It is not your friend.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
There's not a team in the NFL that would take Bush/Thomas over Foster/Tate. Not one.
LOL - the combined conversation time for 32 teams would be under 32 seconds.

I'd set the over/under on how many teams would take Bush over Tate at 2.5.
Old 09-05-2012   #11
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldnt take the entire dolpbins offense for arian alone. Foster and tate being interchangeable with bush and that other guy is LLoooOoooLLL worthy.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012   #12
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I could probably make the argument we have the better defensive line too, but because of how good Wake is and they play in a 4-3 I will leave that one alone. Odrick hasn't lived up to the hype IMO.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012   #13
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.thephins.com/forums/showt...Video-Preview&
Quote:
Thanks Gang! I guess the big debate I started with Texans fans is btw the RB comment of it being a "push".. I truly believe Talent-wise its the same. Some people can't separate numbers from their argument, when numbers ALWAYS lie...
Old 09-06-2012   #14
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL! Thanks Drs! Glad to be back! You know I picked the Cougars

Thanks SS! I think you can place Bush/Thomas in that offense and you won't miss a beat.

Yep..and I approve that statement #Hunt2012

Its crazy when you look at the visual of where teams have the advantage..puts everything in perspective doesn't it?
Since you owned up to saying Bush/Thomas = Foster/Tate I might watch you in the future but I'll pass for this week.

Thomas has been underwhelming and Bush has one "solid" year under his belt. Foster could run in any scheme as either a feature back or receiving out of the backfield and Tate could be a feature back in most schemes. Bush couldn't run in our offense because he is a dancer and to say that Thomas could hold Tate's (let alone Foster's) jock strap means you must have been drunk. Knowing that, I can't take anything you say about this game seriously and if you're right it must be pure coincidence. I'll check back next week though because I think you generally do a pretty good job. I'll chalk this one up to you missing the preseason.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012   #15
EmDiggy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Thanks for finding that! That's the point I was making in reference to what has been said on the other texans forum not this one.. You guys can make rational debate as opposed to the other.. But thanks for finding this for me
Old 09-06-2012   #16
EmDiggy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
Since you owned up to saying Bush/Thomas = Foster/Tate I might watch you in the future but I'll pass for this week.

Thomas has been underwhelming and Bush has one "solid" year under his belt. Foster could run in any scheme as either a feature back or receiving out of the backfield and Tate could be a feature back in most schemes. Bush couldn't run in our offense because he is a dancer and to say that Thomas could hold Tate's (let alone Foster's) jock strap means you must have been drunk. Knowing that, I can't take anything you say about this game seriously and if you're right it must be pure coincidence. I'll check back next week though because I think you generally do a pretty good job. I'll chalk this one up to you missing the preseason.

Mike
I'm sorry, you can't honestly say that Talent-wise Miami isn't equal to the Texans RBs. You're also undervaluing what they drafted in Lamar Miller, who is better than Forsett. Bush in the Texans Off would put up similar numbers as Foster, Foster in the Dolphins Off would put up similar numbers as Bush. Bush is more explosive than Foster, but Foster is more powerful.

Its a wash honestly and unbiasedly
Old 09-06-2012   #17
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm sorry, you can't honestly say that Talent-wise Miami isn't equal to the Texans RBs. You're also undervaluing what they drafted in Lamar Miller, who is better than Forsett. Bush in the Texans Off would put up similar numbers as Foster, Foster in the Dolphins Off would put up similar numbers as Bush. Bush is more explosive than Foster, but Foster is more powerful.

Wow.

Reggie bush is not = to Arian foster and I can't believe you are trying to make that argument. You are using explosiveness as your argument and that's just one aspect to being a rb.

Arian is bigger, has better vision, has a better feel for running the ball and he's still explosive enough to gash teams for really long runs.

Reggie is more "explosive" than a lot of rb's in the league but that doesn't make him better.

I'll grant you that the offensive system and talent help Arian more than what bush has in Miami, but Reggie couldnt even be special in new Orleans in an offense that was PERFECT for his skill set.

And now you want the texans world to take you seriously when you say that bush, the other guy and rookie Lamar miller are equal to what we field on Sundays? Gtfo.

Arian is an elite back in the league. Period.

I'd take quite a few backfields over the dlolphins.
The dlolphins backfield is not as good as a lot of teams in the NFL and now they are supposed to be a "wash" with one of the best, if not the best?

Stop it.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012   #18
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I am absolutely blown away by you saying the RB's are a push. That is just ridiculous.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012   #19
corytx8
Veteran

Rep Power: 3622 corytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Really? This conversation is over......
corytx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012   #20
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yes, I can. Reggie Bush's best year was last year where he rushed for 1,086 yards. Before that he hadn't rushed for 600 yards in a single season. Foster has been the starting RB for two seasons. Last year he rushed for 1,224 yards after missing three games. Foster has now had two seasons better than Bush ever has. To compare the two is a joke.

The only production you can compare with Tate and Thomas is last year. Tate rushed for 942 yards compared to Thomas' 581 yards. Again this is vastly in Houston's favor.

Bringing up Lamar Miller is a joke. The #3 RB's will hardly see the field on Sunday if the game is competitive at all.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read