Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Wilf: Open Air Stadium!

TEXANS84

Staff member
-- Wilf Wants Open-Air Stadium; Will Require Public Funding --
Fri May 27, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

FFMastermind.com senior fantasy writer and Vikings Update correspondent John Holler reports it didn't take long for Zygi Wilf to raise some eyebrows around Minnesota after being unanimously approved as the new Vikings owner. First, he maintained his pledge that he prefers to build an open-air stadium -- trying in vain to compare outdoor stadiums in Green Bay and New Jersey to that of Minnesota. Second, and perhaps more troubling, he claims he will likely require public funding. That little monkey wrench caused Red McCombs to quit trying to lobby the State Legislature. Good luck on that, Zygi.

Strange. If he gets the funding, and the open-air stadium in Minnesota, he won't get a Super Bowl promise for that new stadium.
If he can't get support and everyone behind him in this idea, then it can be off to LaLa Land with his new team.

I was just lookin on the Tampa Bay forums and some dude heard a rumor that the saints might go to LA, and the vikings might go to anaheim, but i highly doubt there will be two teams so close together, and does this mean the viks are going to NJ

i think the idea of open air in MN is great.

i think it's a con, though. he thinks the fans will support it then he will change the design at the last minute.

there is no chance MN voters will approve public funding for a stadium, unless the league fixes it this year for them to win the SB.

capt.dcsa10405251943.nfl_vikings_dcsa104.jpg

3inbed.gif

Wilf looks an awful lot like Mr. Drysdale from the Beverly Hillbillies to me.

Back