Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-03-2012   #1
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2012 NFL Predictions

http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story/0ap...content_stream

10 out of 16 of the predictors has the Texans in the AFC Championship game.

What a change.

I hope all this love creates some positive energy and we get the ball bouncing our way this season!
Old 09-03-2012   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 NFL Predictions

ESPN's panel of 16 "experts" have the Texans as the unanimous AFC South champion. 4 have them going the the Super Bowl (and losing).

Using the ESPN format, I will provide my picks and rectify the situation.

AFC East
Patriots
AFC North Ravens
AFC South Texans
AFC West Chargers
AFC wild cards Bills, Chiefs
NFC East Giants
NFC North Bears
NFC South Falcons
NFC West 49ers
NFC wild cards Eagles, Packers
AFC champion Texans
NFC champion Bears
COY Chan Gailey
MVP Tom Brady
O-ROY Andrew Luck
D-ROY Dont'a Hightower
Super Bowl Champs Texans

Yes, it's a homer pick. Sue me.
Old 09-03-2012   #3
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going with an all Texas Superbowl prediction!

Texans over Cowboys!
Old 09-03-2012   #4
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

pretty much what i expected most of the writers took no chances went what the eyes head and what looks good on paper

i for think there can be a case made for the bills to win the east IFFF there Dline can get pressure with just 4

mario has to ball out this year IMO 4 them to have a chance
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012   #5
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
ESPN's panel of 16 "experts" have the Texans as the unanimous AFC South champion. 4 have them going the the Super Bowl (and losing).
one of the NFL.com guys has the Titans winning the south and Houston missing the playoffs.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll play:

AFC East: New England Patriots
AFC North: Baltimore Ravens
AFC South: Houston Texans
AFC West: Denver Broncos

AFC Wildcards: Pittsburgh Steelers, San Diego Chargers
AFC Champions: Houston Texans

NFC East: Philadelphia Eagles
NFC North: Green Bay Packers
NFC South: New Orleans Saints
NFC West: San Francisco 49ers

NFC Wildcards: Chicago Bears, Seattle Seahawks
NFC Champions: Green Bay Packers

Champions: Houston Texans
------
COY: John Fox
MVP: Arian Foster
O-Roy: Andrew Luck
D-Roy: Melvin Ingram
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
one of the NFL.com guys has the Titans winning the south and Houston missing the playoffs.
Who is this blasphemer? Ian Rapoport? Looking at his bio, I see he's a New Englander and therefore hates all things Texan. Now lives in Dallas, which is proof that it is not actually in Texas. And once covered the Crimson Tide, so he is still upset over the DeMeco trade. A hater.

Yikes, I think I was channeling GP.
Old 09-05-2012   #8
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

AFC Division: Patriots, Ravens, Texans, Chargers
Wild Card: Broncos, Bills

NFC Division: Giants, Packers, Falcons, 49ers
Wild Card: Saints, Eagles

AFC Title: Baltimore v. Houston
NFC Title: Green Bay v. Atlanta

SUPER BOWL XLVII: ATLANTA FALCONS V. HOUSTON TEXANS

CHAMPION: TEXANS 27-23

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
pretty much what i expected most of the writers took no chances went what the eyes head and what looks good on paper

i for think there can be a case made for the bills to win the east IFFF there Dline can get pressure with just 4

mario has to ball out this year IMO 4 them to have a chance
I agree, but it may not show up on the stats. I think Mario is going to get 10 plus, but his team mates are going to really rack up the sacks/tackles.

I think he's going to play like he did his senior year in college. He's going to raise havoc & play behind the line, the other three guys on that line (a pretty talented bunch) are going to go off.

Teams will eventually try to pay more attention to those guys & Mario is going to have some 3 & 4 sack games near the end of the season.

But I don't see the Bills winning the division. My "surprise" pick for 2012, Seahawks.

The Seattle Seahawks will win the NFC West & show up in the NFC Championship game.
Old 09-05-2012   #10
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

AFC East Patriots
AFC North Ravens
AFC South Texans
AFC West Chargers
AFC wild cards Raiders, Steelers
NFC East Eagles
NFC North Packers
NFC South Saints
NFC West 49ers
NFC wild cards Bears, Cowboys
AFC champion Texans
NFC champion Eagles
Super Bowl Champs Texans
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read