Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-04-2012   #21
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans get some love from Dallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
...Schaub had his worst rating against Cleveland. It's deceptive because he threw a pick and only had 119 yards. Foster and Tate each ran for over 100 in that game so take it for what it is...
This is why I'm not seeing a big stat year for Schaub. If our defense does improve & our running game can at least match last seasons, Schaub isn't going to be airing it out like he has had to in the past.

Matt looked really sharp in the preseason, like he's reading defenses like the back of his hand..... a little Manningesque... If he can start games like that in the regular season, then we may very well go all the way.
Old 09-05-2012   #22
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10263 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

thought it should be mentioned that tim colishaw is regular on Around the Horn.. in case the name was ringing any bells.

Old 09-05-2012   #23
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 3280 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

If this isn't proof that this 'rivalry' is all in some Texans' fans heads than nothing is.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012   #24
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
If this isn't proof that this 'rivalry' is all in some Texans' fans heads than nothing is.
There is no doubt about that. Having lived in Dallas for a quite a while in the past, the only reaction I saw in the Cowboys fans towards the Texans were ignorance, pity, some sympathy, and lately some admiration. I remember some of them being confused as to why people in Houston hate the Cowboys so much whenever they played us in Houston.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #25
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 76006 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

As far as the rivalry, I think it is more about city vs city and the football team is just an embodiment of that. In general it seems most Houstonians hate Dallas and vice versa (and you can lump me in that group.....Fuq Dallas). Also, in reality you have to admit, Cowboy fans will be pissed as hell if the Texans steal their luster in the state.

You can already see this on social media sites. On Facebook there is an anti Texans group, filled mainly with Cowboys fans as they are tired of seeing us win and hate how our team is labeled "blue collar" and stuff like that. I saw that a while back, don't have the link or name now but I'm sure you can find it.

So while no, I don't think it is a huge legit football rivalry just yet between the Cowboys and Texans, I think you may have your head in the wrong area if you think there is nothing there at all and that it is totally irrelevant.

I will say though personally, my hatred for Dallas is minor compared to my loathing of the Titans and the state of Tennessee in general but mainly due to the Titans. I have a burning ember of hate that will never be extinguished for the Titans.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #26
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
As far as the rivalry, I think it is more about city vs city and the football team is just an embodiment of that. In general it seems most Houstonians hate Dallas and vice versa (and you can lump me in that group.....Fuq Dallas). Also, in reality you have to admit, Cowboy fans will be pissed as hell if the Texans steal their luster in the state.
Is this a Houston thing? I spend a lot of time in Dallas and have many friends and relatives. Based on my experience, I can agree that "some" Houstonians hate Dallas, but I haven't seen the vice versa.

OMG, In reality if the Cowboy fans will be pissed about anything, it is because we have gone out and screwed ourselves out of another playoff birth behind foolishness which has nothing to do with how well or poorly the Texans season.

Quote:
You can already see this on social media sites. On Facebook there is an anti Texans group, filled mainly with Cowboys fans as they are tired of seeing us win and hate how our team is labeled "blue collar" and stuff like that. I saw that a while back, don't have the link or name now but I'm sure you can find it.
Do you have a link? Although sounds like a possible site for teens.

Quote:
So while no, I don't think it is a huge legit football rivalry just yet between the Cowboys and Texans, I think you may have your head in the wrong area if you think there is nothing there at all and that it is totally irrelevant.
I think it is more a Texans fans issue. Cowboys fans are pretty global, so the fan in Boise, Idaho, Mexico City, or London England probably won't be questioning why the Texans are winning and Cowboys losing.

Quote:
I will say though personally, my hatred for Dallas is minor compared to my loathing of the Titans and the state of Tennessee in general but mainly due to the Titans. I have a burning ember of hate that will never be extinguished for the Titans.

I can see the loathing of the Titans because that has a direct impact on the Texans success in the division and playoffs and sounds like a good rivalry.

I only visit three football related sites (Scout Dallas Cowboys Ranch Report, Cowboys Zone, and Texans Talk), therefore I'm not privy to everything Texans or Cowboys related in cyberland. However, when the site is more about trash talk than football I move on.

I know there must be some links that we can skim through to verify this type of behavior is occurring, and would appreaciate a confirmation that in general Cowboys fans are fanning the flames with Texans fans.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #27
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It isn't that it is non-existent or irrelevant - it is that it is very lopsided. Dallas basically doesn't give a crap about Houston and Houston loathes Dallas. I grew up mostly in Dallas and until I got to Houston I had no idea there was a purported rivalry.

I can see the source of some of the animosity. My sister in law was born and raised in Houston but all she does is diss the Texans and root for the Cowboys including dressing her son in Cowboys gear. It pisses me off and I didn't grow up here. Having said that the anger is at her rather than the Cowboys. They didn't make her support them.
Old 09-07-2012   #28
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Houston Cowboys fans are the annoying ones. DFW Cowboys fans don't seem to have too much ill will towards the Texans. But there is something there. It's Houston vs Dallas after all. I've heard enough from DFW residents in my time living there to know it goes both ways. The two largest metros in the state are going to be like that. It's the same way in other areas of the country. A Texans-Cowboys game may not be Cowboys-Redskins, or Texans-Titans, but it certainly isn't a Texans-Eagles or Cowboys-Colts.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #29
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Houston Cowboys fans are the annoying ones. DFW Cowboys fans don't seem to have too much ill will towards the Texans. But there is something there. It's Houston vs Dallas after all. I've heard enough from DFW residents in my time living there to know it goes both ways. The two largest metros in the state are going to be like that. It's the same way in other areas of the country. A Texans-Cowboys game may not be Cowboys-Redskins, or Texans-Titans, but it certainly isn't a Texans-Eagles or Cowboys-Colts.
I agree with this. For the most part I think cowboy fans don't care about Houston or the Texans. But regardless how much respect the Texans get, they''ll be appalled if the Texans whip them in Dallas Stadium or whatever they call it.

If the Jets whip them at home, it's just another loss, can't win them all, blah, blah, blah....

If the TexAns beat them,"AHH HELL NO!!!"
Old 09-07-2012   #30
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
There is no doubt about that. Having lived in Dallas for a quite a while in the past, the only reaction I saw in the Cowboys fans towards the Texans were ignorance, pity, some sympathy, and lately some admiration. I remember some of them being confused as to why people in Houston hate the Cowboys so much whenever they played us in Houston.
Well... as the saying goes, "the Cowboys; either love 'em or hate 'em." So since I don't "love 'em" there's only one option left open.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #31
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 76006 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Also the ones here in Austin. I keep to myself usually and have had random Cowboys fans at bars come up drunk to me trying to start $hit so they can act big in front of their lady. I have a daughter and a $hitty ex so me beating someone nearly to death would wreck my custody so I just walk away but it pisses me off none the less.

As some said in response, there is something there, it's not something made up but may be more prevalent outside DFW it sounds like.

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 09-07-2012   #32
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You made me go look

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Peopl...s/178159857474

https://www.facebook.com/pages/I-Hat...12435808854187
Old 09-07-2012   #33
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

LMAO....rep comin your way, was about to try to find this before I watch my movie with my daughter so thanks for saving me the work

Sometimes I troll these when I remember to so I can poke the kids with velcroe shoes haha.

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 09-07-2012   #34
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Houston Cowboys fans are the annoying ones. DFW Cowboys fans don't seem to have too much ill will towards the Texans.
That has been my experience. Bandwagon/frontrunner/gloryhunter fans annoy the **** out of me, and it wouldn't surprise me if many of those Houston Cowboys fans weren't also Yankees and Lakers fans.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012   #35
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank you for finding these. Now after every win, I will go out and post the results on the threads about the games. Because results, never lie.

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012   #36
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Dallas .....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012   #37
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Two more reasons not to frequent facebook.

(repped for doing the research, by the way)
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read