Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-26-2005   #1
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2005 Biggest Surprise

ok, this isn't about most improved or anything expected of an individual texan. i'm just bored and curious about who ya'll think will be the biggest surprise of the 2005 season. this has to be like wow, DD in in his first season. that was a surprise. as for me, i really have no clue, just want to see what everyone else thinks as we wait for the season to begin.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005   #2
ojthecat
Veteran

I would vote on Armstrong.
Old 05-26-2005   #3
Davis37
All Pro

Im gonna have 2 say Mathis. I think he will make some big plays from the 4th wr pos this year. Maybe even return a couple kill offs for TD's!
Old 05-26-2005   #4
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Antwan Peek and Seth Wand.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005   #5
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

Jerome Mathis
Old 05-27-2005   #6
Paragon Blue
Veteran

I think Babin and Peek are going to be huge this year.
Old 05-27-2005   #7
Doom Capers
Veteran

Glenn Earl
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-27-2005   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I wanna say DeMarcus Faggins.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005   #9
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

I would like to say all of our DL and LB but if i had to say one i would say i think Peek will have the year that states his career
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005   #10
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Peek will be the first Texan to get 10 sacks and Morrency will end up the starter at the end of the season.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

phillip buchanon- 1st year starting role for the Texans, but will reward the Texans with big plays and a much more solid overall game than most expected, he has all the ability to challenge Dunta Robinson
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005   #12
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

i like the asnwers, but i don't think peek will be a big "surprise". i'm going with mathis as bigges surprise. peek doesn't surprise me with his play, i would be dissapointed if he doesn't get atleast 8 sacks barring injury.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005   #13
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hodgedon will replace McKinney and will be awesome is helping give DC those added couple seconds he needs.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005   #14
Theoridic
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Theoridic

Glenn Earl. He was supposed to be a first round pick, but do to injury he wasn't. He should be the Sean Taylor that we needed. Maybe Morency will stand out and be the second back to a future two back system. Two 1,000 yard rushers sounds fun.
Theoridic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005   #15
Lucky

Rep Power: 145631 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Biggest surprise? I'm gonna guess Charlie Anderson. He's athletic, has a nose for the ball, and will be coming off his 1st full offseason program as a pro. It should be noted that even in a reserve role, Antwan Peek has missed significant time due to injuries in his 1st 2 seasons. Why would that change with Peek seeing more snaps as a starter? Anderson needs to be ready if/when he's called upon. I have a feeling that he will be.
Old 05-27-2005   #16
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoridic
Glenn Earl. He was supposed to be a first round pick, but do to injury he wasn't. He should be the Sean Taylor that we needed.
I hope Glenn Earl does well, but he is no Sean Taylor. As far as being a first rounder- that's a stretch. Sean Jones was the second best safety in that draft. Injury or no injury.
Old 05-27-2005   #17
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
I hope Glenn Earl does well, but he is no Sean Taylor. As far as being a first rounder- that's a stretch. Sean Jones was the second best safety in that draft. Injury or no injury.
I THINK Sean was supposed to be the #1 safety in the draft and Glenn Earl was supposed to have been the #2 until he got hurt. He (Earl) was thought to be to be the harder hitter of the two, which is really saying something IMO, as they both can lay the wood. Not sure who was considered better in coverage, but my guess would be Sean. No matter what though, If Glenn Earl comes back fully, we should have a SOLID SS, and he SEEMS to be a much better guy charicter wise.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005   #18
ojthecat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
i like the asnwers, but i don't think peek will be a big "surprise". i'm going with mathis as bigges surprise. peek doesn't surprise me with his play, i would be dissapointed if he doesn't get atleast 8 sacks barring injury.
I agree 100% execpt that his sack total will be higher.
Old 05-27-2005   #19
Doom Capers
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
we will win more games than most people think.

I hope you are right!
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005   #20
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I think Mathis will be the biggest surprise. The Jags are going to wish they picked him over Matt Jones not to mention passing up Clayton (What were they thinking?).

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read