Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-02-2012   #41
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 1 VS Miami. Lets predict :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Mike Munchak, being mind controlled by evil Darth Adams, runs out into the field in the 1st quarter and steps on Schaubs foot. TJ comes in but injures his shoulder. Beck comes in and hands off to Foster and Tate the rest of the game and we win 94-0. Afterwards in the press conference, Beck trips over the podium and is out for the season. Case Keenum is the starting quarterback and the Texans win the Super Bowl 140-0 over Dallas. The Cowboys are then moved to LA, but unfortunately the entire team perishes when the San Andres fault slips.
Only issue I have with this prediction. Didn't you mean fortunately?
Old 09-02-2012   #42
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Only issue I have with this prediction. Didn't you mean fortunately?
Must have been a typo.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #43
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

To me, it's not that Nolan can/can't give the Fins information on us.

It's that Nolan stooped to that level for a paycheck. We signed Ryan Harris because we genuinely needed an OL, not because we needed to get an advantage for our game vs. the Broncos.

Nolan was picked up for the explicit purpose of helping the Fins get an advantage against us. It won't work, but the Dolphins tried it. Nolan is going through with it. And he has no long-term future with the Dolphins.

Jeff Ireland is a sleaze bag, so it doesn't surprise me they'd do it. The Titans are sleaze bags, grabbing Orlovsky when we cut him last year. It's a sleaze bag move no matter how you slice it.

The only team I can remember doing this, that didn't seem like it was done on purpose to gain an advantage against us, was when Sage went to the Giants. The Giants dismantled us like no other team has in Kubiak's tenure here. They knew everything we were going to do before we did it. Nothing worked. It was a really, really bad day for Kubiak's offense.

It's a futile last-ditch effort by the Fins and it won't matter. They're going to get demolished. And like others have said, the real fun starts when we play the Broncos. The Fins? They are horribly outmatched.
Old 09-02-2012   #44
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
It's that Nolan stooped to that level for a paycheck...
Nolan was picked up for the explicit purpose of helping the Fins get an advantage against us...
I'm not so sure about that. Miami was thin at the Safety spot and Nolan is an upgrade. (They dropped their 4th S Tyrone Culver for him.) Dolphins needs list was longer than anyone's for the draft.

As for Troy, he doesn't have a choice -- it's either play or retire.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #45
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It's that Nolan stooped to that level for a paycheck. We signed Ryan Harris because we genuinely needed an OL, not because we needed to get an advantage for our game vs. the Broncos.

Nolan was picked up for the explicit purpose of helping the Fins get an advantage against us. It won't work, but the Dolphins tried it. Nolan is going through with it. And he has no long-term future with the Dolphins.

Jeff Ireland is a sleaze bag, so it doesn't surprise me they'd do it. The Titans are sleaze bags, grabbing Orlovsky when we cut him last year. It's a sleaze bag move no matter how you slice it.

The only team I can remember doing this, that didn't seem like it was done on purpose to gain an advantage against us, was when Sage went to the Giants. The Giants dismantled us like no other team has in Kubiak's tenure here. They knew everything we were going to do before we did it. Nothing worked. It was a really, really bad day for Kubiak's offense.

It's a futile last-ditch effort by the Fins and it won't matter. They're going to get demolished. And like others have said, the real fun starts when we play the Broncos. The Fins? They are horribly outmatched.
So he should turn down work?

Gp, this is far fetched. You think Bruce Matthews didn't divulge info when he went to the titans? Orvlosky to the colts?

Heck, we have picked up players and faced their old teams.

It's a part of the NFL. Guys change teams all the time, coaches and players. It's not anything new. You just have to deal with it.

Painting Nolan as some sinister person when he was CLAIMED off waivers is ridiculous.

Is he supposed to retire or not play because The dolphins are our first opponent. He's supposed to show that level of loyalty to the team that just cut him?

Troy won't be here for this week of game planning. He will know some of our defensive pre snap signals/calls though But he's not going to be on the field with the offense so it doesn't really matter.

He can divulge some information about their plays and some things we like to do, but most of this stuff the dolphins can gather from watching film.

This is not a big deal.

Can he help them? Sure. Will it be the difference between a win and a loss? Hopefully not. Otherwise we aren't as good as we need to be.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #46
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh. I wouldn't begrudge the guy a paycheck.

Gotta pay the bills, I understand that.

I'm talking about the FAN in me. As a Texans fan, I just don't like that sort of bull**** from ex-Texans players. I am not saying it should be made illegal, but maybe the league should clamp down on it and say that you cannot claim a waived player from Team A if your team, Team B, plays Team A the following week.

Example: Dolphins cannot claim ANY waived/cut Texans player until after the conclusion of the Texans-Dolphins game. You guys genuinely think they'd want to pick him up AFTER they're done playing us this coming Sunday??? I doubt it.

Make a team realllllly think hard about putting in that claim for the player of the team you want information on. You willing to sit on that player for 2, 3, 4, or more weeks until the time comes for you to play the team you're snooping on? Fine by me. But not a one-week turnaround. Screw that, IMO. I don't think it's too much for the league to crack down on one-week turnaround snitch jobs.
Old 09-02-2012   #47
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Hey, just because you're paranoid does not mean they aren't out to get ya!!

Seriously, though, I really don't see a problem with this. Either of our coordinators could really punk out the other team with just a couple of wrinkles if they're overly worried about Nolan giving the fins the inside scoop on anything.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-02-2012   #48
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Meh. I wouldn't begrudge the guy a paycheck.

Gotta pay the bills, I understand that.

I'm talking about the FAN in me. As a Texans fan, I just don't like that sort of bull**** from ex-Texans players. I am not saying it should be made illegal, but maybe the league should clamp down on it and say that you cannot claim a waived player from Team A if your team, Team B, plays Team A the following week.

Example: Dolphins cannot claim ANY waived/cut Texans player until after the conclusion of the Texans-Dolphins game. You guys genuinely think they'd want to pick him up AFTER they're done playing us this coming Sunday??? I doubt it.

Make a team realllllly think hard about putting in that claim for the player of the team you want information on. You willing to sit on that player for 2, 3, 4, or more weeks until the time comes for you to play the team you're snooping on? Fine by me. But not a one-week turnaround. Screw that, IMO. I don't think it's too much for the league to crack down on one-week turnaround snitch jobs.
Paranoid much? Troy Nolan could walk into the Dolphins locker room with Wade's playbook, and it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference. Some of you guys are putting way WAY too much into this.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #49
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

GP you're taking the to a new level with this one .... Nolan was going to get picked up as soon as he got cut , just so happens it was the sushi's.

I believe that the cuts in the secondary were tough and whoever got the axe would have been picked up by another team , thats why they chose to trade McManis rather than cut one of he and Carmichael and get nothing in return.

Keo's the better ST player .... that made Nolan the odd man out since Demps is the next guy off the bench and Pleasant played well in the preseason landing him on the PS .... they werent going to keep 6 at the S spot.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #50
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 35 Dolphins 0
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #51
GP 
Go Texans!

In the other thread, I plainly stated that I think it won't matter...it won't make a damn bit of difference because we are going to destroy them completely.

My argument is NOT that it will help them, my argument is that I hate it when ex-Texans land on an opponent's team, especially just a week away from the game we'll have with them. I just feel it's a punk move, indicative of a low-class organization (like the Titans when they picked up Orlovsky) and then I have a bit of a grudge against the ex-texans player too.

But hey, if you guys want to paint me as the tin foil hat...go ahead. I never once said that we're doomed, that he'd reveal our best laid plans, blah blah blah. But hey, have fun bagging on me.

It's OK, go ahead and have a few laughs. I'm laughing at your inability to form a proper response to my posts. Lazy asses.
Old 09-02-2012   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
It's that Nolan stooped to that level for a paycheck.

You work for the gov't don't you.
Old 09-02-2012   #53
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In the other thread, I plainly stated that I think it won't matter...it won't make a damn bit of difference because we are going to destroy them completely.

My argument is NOT that it will help them, my argument is that I hate it when ex-Texans land on an opponent's team, especially just a week away from the game we'll have with them. I just feel it's a punk move, indicative of a low-class organization (like the Titans when they picked up Orlovsky) and then I have a bit of a grudge against the ex-texans player too.

But hey, if you guys want to paint me as the tin foil hat...go ahead. I never once said that we're doomed, that he'd reveal our best laid plans, blah blah blah. But hey, have fun bagging on me.

It's OK, go ahead and have a few laughs. I'm laughing at your inability to form a proper response to my posts. Lazy asses.
GP, this is just another sign that the Texans have become a good football team. Remember just a few years ago when all of us were scouring the waiver wire list praying for an upgrade? Nowadays, other team's, and their fans, are scouring OUR waiver wire looking for that player. I know it's been a long time, but the Texans can actually waive a good player after the preseason and still have better players on the roster. Chillax, dude. It's gonna be alright.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #54
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

31-3. Rough game in a rough enviroment for a not so good team with a rookie QB. That place may implode.
Old 09-04-2012   #55
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Mia 9
hou 31
Old 09-04-2012   #56
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston 27
Miami 13
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #57
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggiebyMarriage View Post

I just guessing mind you, but I suspect that the Miami coaching staff is, as I type this, milking Troy for every detail of Wades defense so they can get out of him. It is much easier to attack a defense if you have a little inside knowledge to guide you.
That goes on all of the time...there is always a player, coach or good-friend-of-someone on a team that can get you information... And though it "could" help just a "little", it's overall an unpredictable thing...

So unless Nolan can get the OC for the Fins into the Texans' defensive huddle, he won't know "that" much...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #58
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 48076 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict I will drink Crown Royal and yell at the top of my lungs when Tannehil is on the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
...So unless Nolan can get the OC for the Fins into the Texans' defensive huddle, he won't know "that" much...
I think if we gave their OC a headset so he could listen in that it wouldn't make that much difference.
Old 09-04-2012   #59
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

19-0, like our record will be this year.
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #60
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I know Wade is still looking for that shut out game. Let's hope them boys on Kirby do what they do & get it for the old man.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read