Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-04-2012   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87575 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pick a Texan Challenge

I suggest each of us pick a Texan to follow this season and report to MB on how your guy(s) does. Probably be best to select no more than two perhaps one offensive and one defensive. This allows more players to be chosen by different posters. The challenge is to not take the easy route & go with AJ, Foster, Schaub or JJ Watt. We know those types will be very good if not great so challenge yourself to select a rookie or 1-2 year vet. It is not about being able to say "Look at me! I told you Watt would have a good second year." Really, who would of thunk it? I'm asking you to go on a limb and maybe even pick someone you have doubts about. It would be as if I select Posier who I did not want or an end of roster guy who might not get reps like last season's Brandon Harris. If your guy gets cut, traded or placed on injured reserve, you can replace him.

I'd like you to focus on your guy during training camp, pre-season and regular season to give info to the MB. Info should be about skills, plays, personal info, charitable work and community interaction. Some different players should have radio & TV shows or interviews that you can tell us about. Internet and newspapers & sports magazines could provide data. Hopefully this will encourage us to take an even deeper view of our team.

When you post your selection tell us why you chose him. I'm optimistic many of you will put some thought into your decisions as this could give us something to discuss now & thru season. Everyone should post their selection by final roster determination.
Old 07-04-2012   #2
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 57173 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pick a Texan Challenge

Do we need to spell their name correctly or can we call 'em anything we want? Umm, like Walters or Posier?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.

Last edited by drs23; 07-04-2012 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Misspelled a misspelled name ;^)
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012   #3
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I call dibs on Bryan Brahman!
Old 07-04-2012   #4
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 39113 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel bad for the person who picks KJ
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I'll take Brandon Harris.
Old 07-04-2012   #6
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
I feel bad for the person who picks KJ
That would be 76Texan.
Old 07-04-2012   #7
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

johnathan joseph

or kareem jackson

i like cornerbacks
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-04-2012   #8
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Randy Bullock

I believe he will be the starting kicker for us this year.

Just a bit about him:

Quote:
During interviews at the NFL Scouting Combine, Houston Texans special teams coach Joe Marciano asked Texas A&M kicker Randy Bullock how he would handle his first adverse situation in the NFL.

"You've never had a slump," Marciano said. "What happens when you have your first one?"
Bullock, without blinking an eye, said, "Coach, my dad died when I was 15. How much more adversity is there?"

Bullock was a freshman at Klein High School in Houston in 2004 when he and his older brother, Rhett, went on a hunting trip to South Texas with their father, Rich. On the final day of the trip, two days before Christmas, Rich died of a heart attack. He was 53.

For his career, Bullock made 63 of 80 field-goal attempts.

His father was a petroleum engineer who graduated from Ohio State. His brother, Rhett, has a mechanical engineering degree from A&M.

"I have a lot of help in that industry," Bullock said. "I have a lot of contacts, so that definitely helps when looking for a job. Right now, though, this takes the cake. It's kind of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. If I didn't chase it, I didn't think I would ever forgive myself."
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142677 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

On offense, I have to take my adopted Texan: Chris Myers.

On defense, I'll take Mercilus.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012   #10
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Defense: Quintin Demps - Haven't been paying attention to what he does for the defense, really.
Offense: Duane Brown - Possibly his last season and he should be playing for his contract. I think he'll be a Pro Bowler this year.
Old 07-04-2012   #11
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 5981 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

Preseason

Case Keenum
I liked him ever since collage ... Go Coogs

Regular season

Ben Tate
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012   #12
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

on Offense/Special Teams i'll also take the rook Keshawn Martin.
Old 07-04-2012   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87575 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Randy Bullock

I believe he will be the starting kicker for us this year.

Just a bit about him:
Excellent CK and what I'm looking for. It is okay for other posters to share players as we want as much info flowing to us as possible. Thanks everyone and hopefully as others come back from holiday, we can get more involved.
Old 07-04-2012   #14
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouSportsWriter View Post
Preseason

Case Keenum
I liked him ever since collage ... Go Coogs

Regular season

Ben Tate
Beat me to it...

I'll take KJac n LeStar Jean
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012   #15
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 10357 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

You know something, On defense I want to go with the VET Mr. Bradie James!

On Offense I will take......Devier Posey. Hoping to see great things out of both of these kats

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012   #16
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to take Rashad Butler-RT. This is a contract year for him since he'll be a FA at the end of the season and it's also his first chance to show what he can do for a whole season. He should have a great year since his future in the NFL depends on it and he'll be auditioning for the entire NFL this year. I've got very high hopes for Mr. Butler.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll cover the cheerleaders!!
Old 07-05-2012   #18
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I'll un-cover the cheerleaders!!
fify
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012   #19
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

YATES

All empty souls tend toward extreme opinions.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Do we need to spell their name correctly or can we call 'em anything we want? Umm, like Walters or Posier?

You did not get that I combined parts of his first & last names to produce Posier (poser)? 23 you should get off the spelling and punctuation platform and try to see the fun in my stuff.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read