Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-23-2012   #141
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Do we have a Super Bowl team or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
Of course we do. But the NFC might have a few teams better than us... we'll see.
The Bears look like the class of the NFC. Watching them Monday night, I think we'd kill'em.
Old 10-23-2012   #142
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
The Bears look like the class of the NFC. Watching them Monday night, I think we'd kill'em.
When we play them in regular season, will we be team against Packers or team against Baltimore?
Old 10-23-2012   #143
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
When we play them in regular season, will we be team against Packers or team against Baltimore?
Same team. That Sunday night game had to happen the way it happened to get the team we have now. I doubt we'll see another stinker the rest of the way.
Old 10-24-2012   #144
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 174887 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The threat of of Jay Cutler playing like an Aaron Rodgers is very small. Not impossible - cause he has his moments - but small. So I think we can keep their offense somewhat in check. However, the Bears have a defense that is more respected than the Packs' D. Soooo.... maybe they keep us in check too. I think the Bears game turns out to be one of those 13-10 defensive battles....
who knows
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012   #145
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24496 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Not the best teams go to the superbowl every year... what we need most is momentum and the most desire to win. Every team can beat every other in the NFL any given night - the odds may be pretty small though. But right now, I think we have the best odds of the entire NFL to make it to the superbowl.

But our lack of experience in big games may come back to hurt us in games in Januray against say the Patriots.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012   #146
PandapuffTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 337 PandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Not the best teams go to the superbowl every year... what we need most is momentum and the most desire to win. Every team can beat every other in the NFL any given night - the odds may be pretty small though. But right now, I think we have the best odds of the entire NFL to make it to the superbowl.

But our lack of experience in big games may come back to hurt us in games in Januray against say the Patriots.
ppst jj watt will imagine brady as a great all american burrito and eat him up;P thats how he rolls
PandapuffTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012   #147
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
The threat of of Jay Cutler playing like an Aaron Rodgers is very small. Not impossible - cause he has his moments - but small. So I think we can keep their offense somewhat in check. However, the Bears have a defense that is more respected than the Packs' D. Soooo.... maybe they keep us in check too. I think the Bears game turns out to be one of those 13-10 defensive battles....
who knows
'Cause we have never made average QBs look like hall of famers? I'm not too concerned about how much we beat them by, I just want them to control the game. SHould be a slugfest as you indicate.
Old 11-01-2012   #148
badboy
Site Contributor

I know I should not but I am more or less taking this Buffalo game for granted. I see it as another week to get healthier and maybe give the starters some time off once game is in hand. It will be interesting how Gary Kubiak allots playing time. Hopefully, Yates and Forsett get some time. Mitchell also as Cody has missed some playing time with lower back strain.
Old 11-01-2012   #149
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's not forget that Ryan Fitzpatrick introduced himself to the NFL through
embarrassing the Texans at Reliant Stadium.
Old 11-01-2012   #150
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Yeah, but let's also remember since then he's 0-2 against the Texans (combined score of 66-16) throwing four picks and no TD's and posting passer ratings of 48.3 and 41.4. And those two games were against defenses coordinated by Richard Smith and Frank Bush.
Old 11-01-2012   #151
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Yeah, but let's also remember since then he's 0-2 against the Texans (combined score of 66-16) throwing four picks and no TD's and posting passer ratings of 48.3 and 41.4. And those two games were against defenses coordinated by Richard Smith and Frank Bush.
A shiver just ran up my spine.

The Buffalo fans could be right.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012   #152
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Why u no track 2012 in sig?
Old 11-01-2012   #153
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Why u no track 2012 in sig?
They finally broke their 5-7 during the first twelve game streak last year.

This year, they can go no worse than 6-6 over the first twelve games.
Old 11-01-2012   #154
badboy
Site Contributor

I sure wish Tate was healthy.
Old 11-02-2012   #155
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I sure wish Tate was healthy.
I just hope Kubiak has enough faith to let Forsett take serious carries off Foster, and introduce Grimes when the game is already won.

I believe we're in more of a talent management portion of our schedule, it's important to rotate reps through this part of the season to make sure we win games and stay healthy.

Not to mention we're on a short week next week as well, but get an extra half week going into the following matchup, like a mini second bye I see it, 2 very winnable games so hopefully we can get out in front and rest our starters at least a little later on in both games before coming back for a tough-ish looking run-in, Pats & Bears plus 2 games against the Colts who look like an improving outfit as the season wears on.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012   #156
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
I just hope Kubiak has enough faith to let Forsett take serious carries off Foster, and introduce Grimes when the game is already won.

I believe we're in more of a talent management portion of our schedule, it's important to rotate reps through this part of the season to make sure we win games and stay healthy.

Not to mention we're on a short week next week as well, but get an extra half week going into the following matchup, like a mini second bye I see it, 2 very winnable games so hopefully we can get out in front and rest our starters at least a little later on in both games before coming back for a tough-ish looking run-in, Pats & Bears plus 2 games against the Colts who look like an improving outfit as the season wears on.
My thoughts also. Let's see if Forsett can keep that 5 yard average with more attempts. I will be watching for Grimes to get some plays. Will he be active?
Old 11-04-2012   #157
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My thoughts also. Let's see if Forsett can keep that 5 yard average with more attempts. I will be watching for Grimes to get some plays. Will he be active?
I'm guessing Grimes will be since we've always dressed 3 RBs. I think Forsett will get carries if he can do something on the field. His last outing with Tate out, he averaged less than 1 ypc. We need big production from the bench. Foster is getting way too many reps. And if all goes to planned, we end up running a lot in the second half.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #158
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, but they have to play a lot better in the second half. A lof of tough games coming up starting with a battle of two 7-1 teams in Chicago next Sunday Night. They can probably afford to lose another game against an NFC team and still get the 1st seed in the AFC, but this is a big statement game coming up. If we lose the haters and national media will say the Texans can't beat a good NFC team. I would almost call this game in Chicago a must win game just because of how horrible they looked against the Packers in their last primetime game.
Old 11-04-2012   #159
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77581 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Yes, but they have to play a lot better in the second half. A lof of tough games coming up starting with a battle of two 7-1 teams in Chicago next Sunday Night. They can probably afford to lose another game against an NFC team and still get the 1st seed in the AFC, but this is a big statement game coming up. If we lose the haters and national media will say the Texans can't beat a good NFC team. I would almost call this game in Chicago a must win game just because of how horrible they looked against the Packers in their last primetime game.
Agreed. I think the Texans can win, but I think they can win every game. I'd like to see them roll into Chicago and put a Ravens like beat down on 'em but I really don't expect it. I just don't want to be embarrassed again on Sunday night.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #160
badboy
Site Contributor

Forsett looked so-so & I did not see Grimes. If our younger WRs (Jean, Posey & Martin) do not step up, we better go high for another RB to take some weight off Foster. I do not see a playmaking WR falling to us. I am still ambivalent about Terrence Willams from Baylor. His stats are good but just don't see what I want to in his play to take him first round.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read