Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 08-31-2012   #1
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2012 Alabama VS Michigan Thread

Not sure if anyone is going to be watching this game but, I will so here is a thread to discuss the game. I plan on posting updates throughout the game and for those of you who want to watch, its at 8 PM ET on Saturday Sept. 1st.

As a BIG Michigan fan, I was disappointed to see Fitzgerald Toussaint (RB) and Frank Clark (DE) get suspended for the Saturday game. Toussaint was arrested for drunk driving, not sure what Clark did.

Clark's loss doesn't hurt Michigan as much as Toussaint's loss does considering that the latter was the only running-back on the roster to rush for 1,000+ yards last season.

This game IMO, will be won or lost in the trenches. Michigan has its hands full vs the beefy Bama' defensive line and all the blitzes Saban and Smart concoct. Denard Robinson will also need to be careful when he takes off otherwise his season could end right there and then.

If I was a player on the Michigan team and a starter, I would piss in my pants against Bama' and I'm actually scared that this will be a blowout.

Keeping my fingers crossed! Any thoughts on the game, please post!

sports.yahoo.com/news/alabama-vs-michigan-clash-traditional-203845791--ncaaf.html
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 69621 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Alabama VS Michigan Thread

I'm glad these two non-conference teams are playing. A Michigan - Alabama match-up is much more exciting than a Southwestern Northern Michigan - Alabama match-up.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #3
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I'm glad these two non-conference teams are playing. A Michigan - Alabama match-up is much more exciting than a Southwestern Northern Michigan - Alabama match-up.
I agree. In the past I really enjoyed watching Houston-Hawaii games which were nothing short of an offensive orgy. However, nowadays, I rather watch and tough, nail-biting game VS a pure offense, no defense match up.

Any thoughts or opinions on the game gwallia?
Old 08-31-2012   #4
gwallaia

Rep Power: 69621 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Alabama defense will shut down Michigan and Denard Robinson. Tide rolls 31-10.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I usually watch as many of the big schools I can for my mocks. I have increased my tv time for college football last 3 years. Other than Texas schools I usually don't care too much who wins just how players I'm focusing on do. Robert Lester is currently my 2nd round guy so I'll focus on this Alabama safety.
Old 08-31-2012   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

So how did it go?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #7
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
So how did it go?
The game is today on ABC or ESPN (not sure which one) at 8 PM ET. Here is a link that works: http://www.justin.tv/pbc412

Last edited by Texan4Ever; 09-01-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 09-01-2012   #8
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

4th & 9, easy three and out. WOW, Michigan D showed up to play today!!! What kind of effing name is Ha Ha Clinton-Dix?!?!
Old 09-01-2012   #9
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

6-31; Michigan finally scores on a running play by Denard Robinson.
Old 09-01-2012   #10
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Robinson looks hurt and Russell Belomy will take his spot (or so it seems). Disappointing game so far...
Old 09-01-2012   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Another reason I would tell my QB and my punter/kick if you are last man defending get the hell outta the way. Lots of interesting Alabama players to watch.
Old 09-02-2012   #12
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Another reason I would tell my QB and my punter/kick if you are last man defending get the hell outta the way. Lots of interesting Alabama players to watch.
Agreed, although I have to say D.Rob has some bawls. BTW, Bama' running back Lacey looks like the Hulk, his guns are the size of my legs!
Old 09-02-2012   #13
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88375 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

That was such a one sided game.

Robinson is an awful QB, good football player, awful QB.

Brings back nightmares of Nebraska's own Taylor Martinez. Against average defenses they look good, but against good teams, OMG.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read