Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2012   #1
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 77507 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Why No Discussion On Horrid Defense?

Am I the only one disappointed in those guys?

Supposed to be quality backups, what happened?

I realize that the two Viking backup qb's had lots of experience but damn.

Did anyone step up? Vanilla. I realize. But mano a mano we got manhandled.

Old 08-31-2012   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why No Discussion On Horrid Defense?

Random question, had anyone else heard the name DJ Bryant before last night? I don't recall seeing anyone discuss him before the game.
Old 08-31-2012   #3
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107813 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post

I think when you have second and third teamers starting the game, you're not going to get comments on the defense as a whole, but mostly on individual players. In that vein, I've seen plenty of folks expressing great disappointment in several players with Keo clearly leading that parade.
Old 08-31-2012   #4
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57330 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Random question, had anyone else heard the name DJ Bryant before last night? I don't recall seeing anyone discuss him before the game.
Cat playing LDE? He looked surprisingly good. I wonder if he sticks.
Old 08-31-2012   #5
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 77507 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Cat playing LDE? He looked surprisingly good. I wonder if he sticks.
Small sample, but I hope we ps Pleasant.

Old 08-31-2012   #6
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2070 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Take a look at scores around the league for Week 4 preseason.

Then consider the fact that the peak for many of these guys' careers is playing special teams in the regular season.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #7
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2802 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Shilo Kio gave up 300 yards by himself...
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-31-2012   #8
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
Shilo Kio gave up 300 yards by himself...
No, he didn't.

The highligts on the 3 longest plays by the Vikings were in this thread.
It looks to me like Harris had some poor plays (besides other guys).

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...=93783&page=19
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Actually, DJ Bryant had quietely put together 4 good games.
I saw good tapes on him in all 4 games, and was focusing on him during this game.

I think he deserves at least a PS spot.
Old 08-31-2012   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's looked good in the first couple of preseason games. I don't think there's been a lot of buzz about him but I really liked what I saw from him in those games. He was getting good pressure... against scrubs, admittedly. The coaching staff seems to like him. I think there's a big question about him and Nading and either/or.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
He's looked good in the first couple of preseason games. I don't think there's been a lot of buzz about him but I really liked what I saw from him in those games. He was getting good pressure... against scrubs, admittedly. The coaching staff seems to like him. I think there's a big question about him and Nading and either/or.
He had a QB pressure in the Saints game also.
I think he was around the play a few.

Many young guys showed flashes here and there, but it looks to me like Bryant had quite a few more flashes.

I guess you can say that he was consistent through all 4 games.
Old 08-31-2012   #12
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Actually, DJ Bryant had quietely put together 4 good games.
I saw good tapes on him in all 4 games, and was focusing on him during this game.

I think he deserves at least a PS spot.
Quote:
I recall seeing his name on some roster sheets and such, but never really paid attention to him. I don't recall seeing anyone around here discuss him outside of the gameday threads where his name would be mentioned after making a tackle.

Anyways, he made 2+ sacks last night (1 called back due to a bad helmet-to-helmet call), and he had a lot of pressure on the QBs. He might be worth adding to the p-squad, since we don't really have any good d-lineman candidates for it.
Old 08-31-2012   #13
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I think he makes the taxi squad. He certainly impressed the last 2 games.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He had a QB pressure in the Saints game also.
I think he was around the play a few.

Many young guys showed flashes here and there, but it looks to me like Bryant had quite a few more flashes.

I guess you can say that he was consistent through all 4 games.
I couldn't remember offhand if he played and flashed in the Saints game, so I left it out. I remembered being surprised and impressed with him in the Panther game.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I couldn't remember offhand if he played and flashed in the Saints game, so I left it out. I remembered being surprised and impressed with him in the Panther game.
He was in on at least 3 positive plays that I notice:

1. A QB hit on Chase Daniels who managed to complete a 5yd pass.
2. He forced CD out of the pocket on another play; the QB ran for some 10 yards, but it wasn't Bryant's fault.
3. He came in (around the LT) right after R.Moore got to the QB Canfield from the other side (near the 2 min warning) to force an incompletion.
Old 08-31-2012   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No, he didn't.

The highligts on the 3 longest plays by the Vikings were in this thread.
It looks to me like Harris had some poor plays (besides other guys).

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...=93783&page=19
I thought Harris looked lost on at least two big plays.
Old 08-31-2012   #17
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I thought Harris looked lost on at least two big plays.
It doesn't seem that ICAK agree, oh well, everybody is entitled to their opinion, I guess.
Old 08-31-2012   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It doesn't seem that ICAK agree, oh well, everybody is entitled to their opinion, I guess.
I saw only last half but one play Brandon started back with his guy but looked to his left & started that way only to fall back to cover his guy who was "gone". Safety (Nolan?) came over but was way too late.
Old 08-31-2012   #19
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I saw only last half but one play Brandon started back with his guy but looked to his left & started that way only to fall back to cover his guy who was "gone". Safety (Nolan?) came over but was way too late.
I believe that happened twice, once with Nolan laying a hit on the big Vikes WR (Aromashadu I think), and again with Keo trying to come down to the sideline to cover the WR who was gone. I think both went for TDs too, but I haven't rewatched the game yet.
Old 08-31-2012   #20
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I believe that happened twice, once with Nolan laying a hit on the big Vikes WR (Aromashadu I think), and again with Keo trying to come down to the sideline to cover the WR who was gone. I think both went for TDs too, but I haven't rewatched the game yet.
Yeape, in the other thread, I had the link to the highlights of both of those plays.

Also, I think Harris didn't do a good job on the 76yd TD run either.
I discussed that in the other thread as well.

Obviously, I don't put the blame solely on Harris.
But he did have safety help; he needs to use them correctly.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read