Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-30-2012   #61
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed_Blu_Red View Post
Trust me I don't have a short memory but kinda hard to get touches when the guy in front of you is the **** come on and Forsett wouldn't even come close to Being as productive as Tate period
I didn't say Forsett would be as productive. My point is that he should at least be serviceable. Productive enough.

I think you guys have your homer glasses on.

The reason this trade wouldn't work is because no team is going to trade a starting caliber o lineman for Tate. Not because Tate is too valuable to trade.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #62
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Bleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: butler done for season

In the end we are all Texans fans and want that Ring so everyone is entitled to speak there mind that's the whole fun of debate to agree to disagree So in the end Go TEXANNATION
Bleed_Blu_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #63
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
People here are not wanting to trade Tate, but i can't see many teams out there trading a good starting o lineman for him.
Legend has it Tates worth a 1st round pick . To me that means you want get good value now because you're not getting someone's stud OT .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #64
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Bleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I didn't say Forsett would be as productive. My point is that he should at least be serviceable. Productive enough.

I think you guys have your homer glasses on.

The reason this trade wouldn't work is because no team is going to trade a starting caliber o lineman for Tate. Not because Tate is too valuable to trade.
When did I ever say trade Tate? much less trade him for a Olineman I've said all along Roll with Brooks and Forsett can produce for us I'm just saying my money is on Tate **** keep all 3 and that's a wrap
Old 08-30-2012   #65
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wasn't comfortable with our O-line so far this preseason and now we're even more depleted. While I think Winston had his fair share of issues with pass blocking last season, I still feel like he is a better option over what we have to work with at that position. We didn't upgrade that spot, we took a step backwards. I know it's a money game and you have to make certain cuts, but if that o-line fails, that impacts the entire damn offense. With the expectations of the players/organization/fans this year.....a step backwards would be a kick in the balls. I hope I'm over reacting, but my gut tells me I'm not. I truly hope someone pulls this thread back from the abyss in 6 months and points out that I was worried about nothing.
Old 08-31-2012   #66
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Gardner starting at either tackle spot makes me ILL.

Hopefully they find someone on the waiver wire who can fill that void ....

Hell , I'd give Chester Pitts a call .....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #67
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

It's like deja vu all over again. What a waste of money this guy has been, it's a shame he didn't go to Washington, we might have drafted a competent tackle in 2011 if he wasn't re-signed.
Old 08-31-2012   #68
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
It's like deja vu all over again. What a waste of money this guy has been, it's a shame he didn't go to Washington, we might have drafted a competent tackle in 2011 if he wasn't re-signed.
Ya exactly but at least we won't resign him now and use that money for Barwin,Schaub,GQ and Casey
Old 08-31-2012   #69
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ya exactly but at least we won't resign him now and use that money for Barwin,Schaub,GQ and Casey
Honestly I was planning on not re signing him regardless.

He was out there against back ups and he looked bad before the injury even happened.

Like really bad. If you can go back and watch him specifically. I said in the gameday thread before he was injured that we should cut him.
Old 08-31-2012   #70
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Next years FA class is going to be brutal for the Texans ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 08-31-2012   #71
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Right now if you had to make a choice to bring back only two, which two are you choosing?
Old 08-31-2012   #72
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Hell ya I know but better to get ahead of schedule and start making moves and clearing cap space now
Old 08-31-2012   #73
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He was out there against back ups and he looked bad before the injury even happened.

Like really bad. If you can go back and watch him specifically. I said in the gameday thread before he was injured that we should cut him.
Yep. His play was sloppy & he looked lazy.
Old 08-31-2012   #74
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Quote:

Agreed was never a fan especially after the Panthers game when he fell straight on his face against Applewhite forget his first name horrible
Old 08-31-2012   #75
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kareem McKenzie available?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #76
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Quote:
Right now if you had to make a choice to bring back only two, which two are you choosing?
Was looking at the free agents if I'm choosing two Cush a no brainer and between Antonio,Wade smith and Tate I'm leaning towards Smith I love Antonio but can be replaced and Tate he gona want to much money/want to be a starter
Old 08-31-2012   #77
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Just thinking if Cody's back isn't a issue would we/would you want to resign him?
Old 08-31-2012   #78
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 168146 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

There's a lot of stupid going on in this thread. I'm just staying away before this gets outta hand and I start popping off at the gums.

Trading Tate...smfh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #79
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
There's a lot of stupid going on in this thread. I'm just staying away before this gets outta hand and I start popping off at the gums.

Trading Tate...smfh.
Amen
Old 08-31-2012   #80
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Way to put me on the spot there Rey ..... holy hell thats a tough decision.

I'll go with Schaub and GQ. Probably the opposite of most others ....

I think this offense looks significantly weaker without Schaub under center. He might not be a top 8 QB but you would have a hard time replacing him with a comparable QB.

What GQ allows Wade to do on the back end in nickle / dime packages is huge. Not many safeties in the league have his cover skills and tackling ability in the same package. For the most part he lines up as a linebacker in nickle / dime. Being able to cover that underneath area with a guy like GQ makes the job easier for Demps and Manning behind him. Manning gets a lot of credit .... but GQ is the glue back here IMO.

I love what Barwin has done but I believe he's more a product of the system. He's put up solid numbers elsewhere .... but not double digit sacks. Guy's get free in this defense like clockwork and you have Mercilus behind him should he betoo expensive.

Casey's a luxury guy .... a swiss army knife who isnt great at any one position but is more than servicable at several .... but not worth a huge dollar value. Would be nioce to lock him up with a team friendly deal.

I Miss Good Schaub.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read