Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-30-2012   #41
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Bleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: butler done for season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
Potential pick? The future is NOW.
Foster can carry the load alone but why would you want to punish him like that and cut some tread off his tires when he hasnt even reached his prime. we probably won't be able to resign Tate so why wouldn't you use him then when the time comes trade him that's just stupid to trade him when he has so much value
Bleed_Blu_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #42
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Texans are not going to trade Tate for an o linemen. I think that's safe to assume.

That said, I wish they'd consider it. Im not really concerned about adding young players in the future. We should be trying to give ourselves the best chance to win now No one is going to give us a high first rounder for Tate anyways.

Merciless would just be a throw in for me. LOL.
Why the hate against merciless? The dude has sacks in consecutive games now

He finished his preseason with 10 tackles and 3.5 sacks in 4 games. What is there to dislike?

Trading him and Tate for an OL is just silly. Merciless gives us a pass rusher we desperately need behind Barwin and Reed. Tate is a must have backup to Foster (unless we want to run him into the ground) that doesn't lose much from the RB1. They cost us a tiny amount of money. Their value is >>>> their cost.

Any great RT that we would get is likely too expensive. If were interested in a high profile RT we'd have kept Winston. Not to mention they wouldn't have any experience in our system...
Old 08-30-2012   #43
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 11106 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

No need to talk trade unless we lose one of our starters. Just keep our backup stars for now and cross your fingers.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #44
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sorry Rey, but based on your thoughts in this thread, I think you'd be the worst owner in sports history.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #45
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed_Blu_Red View Post
Foster can not carry the load alone why would you want to punish him like that and we probably won't be able to resign Tate so why wouldn't you use him then when the time comes trade him that's just stupid to trade him when he has so much value
Foster would have Forsett to carry the load with. Forsett looks more than capable.

And I don't understand why people think tate's value is going to be so high. Almost every team in the league has a good rb.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #46
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Bleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Texans are not going to trade Tate for an o linemen. I think that's safe to assume.

That said, I wish they'd consider it. Im not really concerned about adding young players in the future. We should be trying to give ourselves the best chance to win now No one is going to give us a high first rounder for Tate anyways.

Merciless would just be a throw in for me. LOL.
That's what I'm saying F da pick and the trade keep Tate and use him
Old 08-30-2012   #47
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Why the hate against merciless? The dude has sacks in consecutive games now

He finished his preseason with 10 tackles and 3.5 sacks in 4 games. What is there to dislike?
I don't hate merciless. He looks like he can be an ok to good player.
Sponsored links
Old 08-30-2012   #48
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Why would teams cut even average offensive linemen when they make for valuable depth in-case something like this happens.
Money, money, money.(See also: Eric Winston)
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #49
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Having played every position on the "O"line (center sux), O-lineman will work it out!!! #FACT!!!
Old 08-30-2012   #50
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

This sucks. Even if Butler wasn't going to start this season, he was backing up LT and RT. It's like we just lost two backups.

As far as trading Tate and/or Mercilus for a RT, we just cut a a perfectly fine RT for cap reasons. I will eat my hat live on Webcam if that happens.
Old 08-30-2012   #51
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Quote:
Foster would have Forsett to carry the load with. Forsett looks more than capable.

And I don't understand why people think tate's value is going to be so high. Almost every team in the league has a good rb.
Forsett no way Steve Slaton jr never been a fan of small guys at Rb unless there a beefcake like MJD or Ray Rice. As a change of pace back Forsett is solid but as a back up as much as we run now no he wouldn't last I would Take Grimes as a backup though
Old 08-30-2012   #52
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Brooks is struggling to grasp the guard position. I doubt theyll throw him out there on the edge.
^^^^
This

I thought Brooks played very well tonight though.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #53
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

So who has all this talent at tackle that we're going to trade with ?

I wonder if Ryan Harris will get cut by Denver .
Old 08-30-2012   #54
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

its been a scary preseason. Wish him luck
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #55
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed_Blu_Red View Post
Forsett no way Steve Slaton jr never been a fan of small guys at Rb unless there a beefcake like MJD. As a change of pace back Forsett is solid but as a back up as much as we run now no he wouldn't last I would Take Grimes as a backup though
We're talking about the back up rb. Tate carried the ball less than 200 times last year and that is with him getting a few starts.

People have short memories. Tate did great when he got his carries last year, but do you not remember questioning why Tate wasn't used as much last year? There were games where Tate barely saw the field.

As good as Tate is, you aren't going to want Arian to come out for long stretches. And there is a good chance you might have to trade or lose Tate anyways, so I'm all for getting a good o lineman.

Only problem is I don't see any team trading a good o lineman for Tate alone. Hence the merciless throw in
Old 08-30-2012   #56
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 74351 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We're talking about the back up rb. Tate carried the ball less than 200 times last year and that is with him getting a few starts.

People have short memories. Tate did great when he got his carries last year, but do you not remember questioning why Tate wasn't used as much last year? There were games where Tate barely saw the field.

As good as Tate is, you aren't going to want Arian to come out for long stretches. And there is a good chance you might have to trade or lose Tate anyways, so I'm all for getting a good o lineman.

Only problem is I don't see any team trading a good o lineman for Tate alone. Hence the merciless throw in
The more you keep talking about this trade the sillier you look.
Old 08-30-2012   #57
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
So who has all this talent at tackle that we're going to trade with ?

I wonder if Ryan Harris will get cut by Denver .
People here are not wanting to trade Tate, but i can't see many teams out there trading a good starting o lineman for him.
Old 08-30-2012   #58
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Everyone's entitled to their opinions, but this scenario is not realistic at all.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #59
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Quote:

Trust me I don't have a short memory but kinda hard to get touches when the guy in front of you is the **** come on and Forsett wouldn't even come close to Being as productive as Tate period
Old 08-30-2012   #60
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Everyone's entitled to their opinions, but this scenario is not realistic at all.
No it's not likely to happen, but you don't even have to read that far back to where I already said that.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read