Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-30-2012   #21
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Bleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: butler done for season

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Is there a post-game press conference online? The video isn't playing for me on HT.com.
If the Texans website isn't working for you You can also try the Chronicle website and maybe search thru old articles
Bleed_Blu_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #22
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think Tate is s great player, but we can agree to disagree on merciless. If give him up for a good starting caliber guard or RT in a heart beat.
The Rams just traded Jason Smith , the former #2 pick in the draft , to the Jets for an even worse OT .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #23
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I missed the game live but I'm watching it right now. Butler just hasn't looked like the same player to me. I find it very hard to believe we can't find someone to fill his shoes. I'm not panicking and I'm sure the coaches aren't either.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #24
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed_Blu_Red View Post
Agreed Brooks is crazy Raw but hey sometimes you gota put on those BIG Boy Panties and go to work
That's true. More mentally demanding on the interior, gotta use more athleticism outside.

So you could be right that he could be an option if it called for it.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #25
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Bleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
What's the deal with Butler and tearing muscles ?

How about Brandon Brooks at RT or is he to small ?
Too small haha by no Meens Brooks is 6'5 330
Old 08-30-2012   #26
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sure we will get a back up vet RT to back up Newton. He was already announced as the starter anyway right?

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #27
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnn.
Old 08-30-2012   #28
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Man I was thinking about that...I'd trade Tate and merciless for a good RT or guard.
Old 08-30-2012   #29
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Quote:
That's true. More mentally demanding on the interior, gotta use more athleticism outside.

So you could be right that he could be an option if it called for it.
Yep, I would prefer that anyways to help/speed up his development plus wouldn't want to see some one worth keeping get cut and have to be a casualty of having to bring in another OT
Old 08-30-2012   #30
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Dead serious. Would hate to give up Tate, but a good RT or RG would go a long way this season. Would make the offense even better. And I think the rb position would still be productive.
Old 08-30-2012   #31
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dead serious. Would hate to give up Tate, but a good RT or RG would go a long way this season. Would make the offense even better. And I think the rb position would still be productive.
The problem is you aren't going to get anyone of value at this point even if you wanted to. Tate would need to command a borderline pro bowl player at the position and a team isn't going to just part with that right now. Too many variables in the mix.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #32
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 62902 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Go ahead Say it.

You told us so and nobody would listen.

Old 08-30-2012   #33
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82056 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
This is like the most quintessential knee-jerk reaction to preseason I have ever seen.
This.

Rey's hated the Merciless pick from day one, so you can't be surprised he'd say something like that.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #34
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

The Browns where willing to give us a 1st rnd pick for Tate in the off season. so to jump the gun with Butlers injury and say trade Tate for a Rt is crazy we would screw are selfs out of a potential Pick in this coming off season and we wouldn't get a Olineman worth what Tate's value is
Old 08-30-2012   #35
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

This really sucks, hopefully a solid vet can be picked up off the waiver wire.

Tell Chester Pitts to take off the headset and put the pads back on, lulz.
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #36
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
This.

Rey's hated the Merciless pick from day one, so you can't be surprised he'd say something like that.
Well if I haven't liked the pick since day one why are you agreeing that it's a knee jerk reaction to pre season.
Old 08-30-2012   #37
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 66263 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Browns where willing to give us a 1st rnd pick for Tate in the off season. so to jump the gun with Butlers injury and say trade Tate for a Rt is crazy we would screw are selfs out of a potential Pick in this coming off season and we wouldn't get a Olineman worth what Tate's value is
Potential pick? The future is NOW.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #38
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
This really sucks, hopefully a solid vet can be picked up off the waiver wire.

Tell Chester Pitts to take off the headset and put the pads back on, lulz.
Hahahaha Pitts as long as he don't Got to block Kris Jenkins anymore he would be solid hahaha
Old 08-30-2012   #39
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Texans are not going to trade Tate for an o linemen. I think that's safe to assume.

That said, I wish they'd consider it. Im not really concerned about adding young players in the future. We should be trying to give ourselves the best chance to win now No one is going to give us a high first rounder for Tate anyways.

Merciless would just be a throw in for me. LOL.
Old 08-30-2012   #40
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Well this sucks. Maybe we'll get lucky and get a guy who's as average as Butler is, but I doubt it. Why would teams cut even average offensive linemen when they make for valuable depth in-case something like this happens.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read