Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2012   #41
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who Gets Cut?

Cody Wallace and DJ Bryant received a visit from the "Turk" as well.

Edit: Jerrell Jackson as well, per his twitter feed.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #42
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just totaling Hothy's info, the current players are rumored to have been cut-

Cody Wallace
DJ Bryant
Shawn Loiseau
Case Keenum
Hebron Fangupo
Jerrell Jackson
Logan Brock
Moran Norris
Juaquin Iglesias

Last edited by rmartin65; 08-31-2012 at 12:25 PM.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #43
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Add Logan Brock to the cut list, as always per twitter.

Anybody surprised by any name yet?
Old 08-31-2012   #44
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errant Hothy View Post
Not yet. Guys like DJ Bryant, Hebron Fangupo, Case Keenum and Shawn Loiseau I expect to land on the PS. But they were long shots for the team, some more so than others.

Thanks for announcing what you find on twitter.
Old 08-31-2012   #45
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 27227 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
ummmm what?!!? He's not even close to the 2nd best cover guy on the team. He's on the bubble and if Ball wouldn't of given up 20TD's this preseason he might not even make the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
You're kidding right? Carmichael will be lucky he's not cut
You guys must not watch much CBs in coverage and/or game film.

Carmichael is rarely out of position, unlike Jackson, Harris, McManis...why? Because he diagnoses plays better on the onset. He's smarter, quicker and has the body size you need in this league. Moreover, his closing speed is a lot quicker if the WR gets a step on him, while, I might add, the way he turns his head and looks for the ball in stride is textbook. The way he uses his hands in coverage without drawing a penalty is just what you want. His speed is just as good or better than McCain's.

The only glaring flaw I see in Carmichael's game so far is his run support. K. Jackson has him beat on that facet of the game. Then again, I made it clear I was talking about a "pure cover corner."

While McManis might be a better special teams player than Carmichael, it's apparent that that's all McManis will ever be. His extended reps last night sort of showed that, yeah? Yeah.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #46
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Texans part ways with fullback Moran Norris, per league source.

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli

QB Beck has made the 53-man roster said a person familiar with his status. So the #Texans will carry three and likely put Keenum on P squad
Old 08-31-2012   #47
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errant Hothy View Post
Add Logan Brock to the cut list, as always per twitter.

I had DJ Bryant making the team. He's had a pretty strong preseason. I stuck him on my roster last minute, though. Just a fringe guy. No big surprise that he got cut.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-31-2012   #48
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Moran Norris cut
Old 08-31-2012   #49
msbbc833
Veteran

Rep Power: 577 msbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respected

You knew Norris was gone when he dropped 2 wide open passes. Flashbacks to Vickers!!! See ya!!
msbbc833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #50
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Edit: Overly repetative post.
Old 08-31-2012   #51
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I had DJ Bryant making the team. He's had a pretty strong preseason. I stuck him on my roster last minute, though. Just a fringe guy. No big surprise that he got cut.
Same here.

I would have liked to see them keep him though, but just too many bodies at OLB.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #52
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

WTF is Keo still doing even being in the equation? He would have been one of the first guys I let go. No brainer IMO.
Old 08-31-2012   #53
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I never felt good about Norris.
Old 08-31-2012   #54
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
WTF is Keo still doing even being in the equation? He would have been one of the first guys I let go. No brainer IMO.
I'm calling it now. Keo is the new Jacoby.
Old 08-31-2012   #55
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 37603 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Just totaling Hothy's info, the current players are rumored to have been cut-

Cody Wallace
DJ Bryant
Shawn Loiseau
Case Keenum
Hebron Fangupo
Jerrell Jackson
Logan Brock
Of these I thought DJ Bryant had the best showing last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
You guys must not watch much CBs in coverage and/or game film.

Carmichael is rarely out of position, unlike Jackson, Harris, McManis...why? Because he diagnoses plays better on the onset. He's smarter, quicker and has the body size you need in this league. Moreover, his closing speed is a lot quicker if the WR gets a step on him, while, I might add, the way he turns his head and looks for the ball in stride is textbook. The way he uses his hands in coverage without drawing a penalty is just what you want. His speed is just as good or better than McCain's.
Agree with this. Being on IR last year this is basically his rookie year.
Old 08-31-2012   #56
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Same here.

I would have liked to see them keep him though, but just too many bodies at OLB.
I prefer to keep 5 OLBs though. OLBs make for good special teams players, it keeps the pass rushers fresh, etc. I would much rather be short at QB (carrying 2 instead of 3) because lets face it, if your top 2 guys go down, the season is screwed anyway.
Old 08-31-2012   #57
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I prefer to keep 5 OLBs though. OLBs make for good special teams players, it keeps the pass rushers fresh, etc. I would much rather be short at QB (carrying 2 instead of 3) because lets face it, if your top 2 guys go down, the season is screwed anyway.
My roster had 6 OLB's with Nading, Braman and Bryant all making it behing the top three...

I think Nading and Braman still make it...But we'll see....
Old 08-31-2012   #58
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
Maybe they are mostly cutting the guys they want to get onto the PS first...
Old 08-31-2012   #59
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26

Quote:
Texans traded CB Sherrick McManis to the Bears fo FB Tyler Clutts
LINK
Old 08-31-2012   #60
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
My roster had 6 OLB's with Nading, Braman and Bryant all making it behing the top three...

I think Nading and Braman still make it...But we'll see....
I went with 5 with DJ as my 5th. I didn't think Nading was going to make it.

BUT... they had Nading playing some ILB last night so he might make it on versatility.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read