Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-31-2012   #81
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: REPORT: Death at Reliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
As an aside, I didnt even make it to the 103rd home game. My first missed home game ever.
102 in a row was a hellava streak. Good luck at breaking your record.

I'm dumbfounded. Hard to believe someone who do that. Glad no one else was hurt or killed trying to stop him.

Yep, I'm sticking to the ramps. It's more fun, anyway.
Old 08-31-2012   #82
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
They also can't confirm he was teleported over the side or pushed by a midget. Jesuchristo, they weren't there!

The security is there to prevent pileups and people getting trampled to death, that's about it. Unless they're riding side-by-side with you on it, they can't prevent much.
well he allegedly jumped onto the rail to ride it down so I'm guessing viewers gave that info. I sort of doubt ants in his pants caused him to jump on rail & no one mentioned anyone throwing him onto the rail so I bet horseplay is a good possibility. I like the idea of teleportation as AJ could maybe learn to do that and take a TD to end zone without injury
Old 09-01-2012   #83
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm a drunk child!

BTW, I like how a couple of people *ahem* feared it was me.

Sean called home from college to check on you, Bill. He was worried.
Old 09-01-2012   #84
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11050 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Sad. Thoughts is with his family.
Old 09-01-2012   #85
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Is this the first death at Reliant? I would count construction deaths if there are any.
Old 09-01-2012   #86
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Safety barriers isn't asking for much nor is it meant to save everybody.
So a wall on each side that's about ,I don't know 3˝, 4 feet high, or whatever it is, with handrails on top of it, isn't a safety barrier?

You can't protect people from being stupid. You can't. You put a bubble around the damn thing and some idiot will jump off just to bounce down on the bubble. That's just the way it is.

Reliant doesn't need to do a damn thing, other than get the damn things to work (I swear at least one is not running at our gate almost every game). They've got warnings posted on the escalators, they've got personnel at every entry point, and the 3˝ foot walls along the entire ride. Keep your ass inside the ride at all times, and nothing stupid will happen.

Quote:
As an aside, I didnt even make it to the 103rd home game. My first missed home game ever.
My streak is still alive. 103 and counting baby!!!!!!!!!

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #87
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

The 25 year old was the husband of a friend's niece. Prayers out for her and his other family and friends.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-01-2012   #88
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 11106 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

Just make sure those new handrails will be skateboard accessible.
pirbroke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #89
mexican texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 mexican texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Apparently we aren't the only stadium having such instances this week. Last night a fan fell from the upper level at the Georgia Dome.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fan-fal...41--ncaaf.html
mexican texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #90
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican texan View Post
Apparently we aren't the only stadium having such instances this week. Last night a fan fell from the upper level at the Georgia Dome.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fan-fal...41--ncaaf.html
Yeah, crap happens.

People know you aren't supposed to climb over handrails. What's to keep someone sitting in the 600's section of Reliant from walking to the edge and taking a swan dive off? Other than an electric chain link fence, there isn't much more you can do. If you want to do something stupid, you'll do it. Most people's brains are hard wired to where they won't take dumb risks....some aren't.
Old 09-01-2012   #91
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

New Reliant Stadium Safety Signage:

Quote:
Between 12 AM and 12 AM (including at 12 AM)*: There will be no climbing onto or sliding down handrail and falling to your death.

*Any other time, please feel free to do so.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #92
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
What's to keep someone sitting in the 600's section of Reliant from walking to the edge and taking a swan dive off?
If I haven't done it by now, I'm not going to. I was tempted after the 2006 and 2007 Titans games.
Old 09-01-2012   #93
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3606 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected

such a waste of a life...really feel for his young family
LondonTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #94
JPPT1974
Autumn Winds

Rep Power: 864 JPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thoughts and prayers are with this person and their family. So sad!
Old 09-01-2012   #95
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
It's sad, but wow dude. Could be an entry on "100 weirdest ways people die" tv show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
New Reliant Stadium Safety Signage:

I have a feeling that you will have clear plexiglass panels installed along the sides of the escalators by the end of the season.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #96
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Is this the first death at Reliant? I would count construction deaths if there are any.
Having worked on the project, I don't remember any construction fatalities. I really don't even remember any serious injuries reported. I'm getting old so my memory may be failing me. I do know that there were a couple of deaths related to Cowboy's Stadium whenever a tower crane fell over IIRC.
Old 09-01-2012   #97
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Sean called home from college to check on you, Bill. He was worried.
How sweet!?!!?!
Old 09-01-2012   #98
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
102 in a row was a hellava streak. Good luck at breaking your record.

I'm dumbfounded. Hard to believe someone who do that. Glad no one else was hurt or killed trying to stop him.

Yep, I'm sticking to the ramps. It's more fun, anyway.
Thanks man!! I'm sure there are plenty of people that now have one game up on me now... "Keeping up with the Jones' " sucks!

BTW, y'all should check out the crazy escalator in the Nati!!

And this picture doesn't even really do it justice. It's pretty scary looking. Fortunately for me, my roadie there, the people that hosted Mitch, Vicki and I had 1st row seats, field level. :
Old 09-01-2012   #99
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #100
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Keep your ass inside the ride at all times, and nothing stupid will happen.

Yes...it really is that simple.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read