Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 05-11-2012   #1
Tailgatejoe
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Tailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texns @ Jets info

Hey guys, Jets fan here. I run tailgatejoe.com, the largest Jets gameday fanclub/tailgate party at Metlife stadium. Every game we get some visiting team fans, so I thought I would throw out the welcome mat here for any Texans fans coming. We get between 200-300 on average each game. Besides, you aren't divisional foes so I really have no animosity toward your team, lol. Ny group is always cool with the visiting fans so no worries there. We aren't a business, just a bunch of diehard fans who threw a tailgate party that ended up growing into a monster, lol.

Anyone coming to NY/NJ for the game is welcome to join our tailgate festivities. Also, if anyone needs any info on the stadium or traveling to the area and/or restaurant suggestions etc feel free to ask away here.

Here is to a competitive, injury free season to both our teams.

Joe
Tailgatejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012   #2
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Rep Power: 2211 G27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texns @ Jets info

Nice gesture, wish I could make it.

Image courtesy of False Start
G27RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012   #3
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL, could you imagine a RAIDER FAN sending that message?
Old 05-12-2012   #4
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 18204 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Very cool offer! Hang around TT a little
Old 05-13-2012   #5
Tailgatejoe
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Tailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the warm response guys! Seems like a nice site ya have here, i'll check it out. I am thinking of actually making a trip out your way during an away game or bye week. I'm looking at maybe getting a pitmaker smoker and want to take a look at them first hand and maybe take in some texas bbq and a game.
Old 05-13-2012   #6
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome to TexansTalk Joe! Thanks for the nice post, and thanks for being a classy fan!

As much as I would LOVE to go to the Jets game, esp in early Oct, I will be saving for a trip to Detriot at Thanksgiving. Just another "first" for our Texans, and I wanna be there to support our boys.

When you come down to Houston PLEASE be sure to stop by the Blue Crew tailgate. Our's sounds a lot like yours, a bunch of diehard fans who love to entertain OOT guest! Just let us know when you decide to head this way and we'll give ya all the details.

Also looking forward to an injury free season! We had enough last year to last us a decade!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012   #7
Tailgatejoe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Welcome to TexansTalk Joe! Thanks for the nice post, and thanks for being a classy fan!

As much as I would LOVE to go to the Jets game, esp in early Oct, I will be saving for a trip to Detriot at Thanksgiving. Just another "first" for our Texans, and I wanna be there to support our boys.

When you come down to Houston PLEASE be sure to stop by the Blue Crew tailgate. Our's sounds a lot like yours, a bunch of diehard fans who love to entertain OOT guest! Just let us know when you decide to head this way and we'll give ya all the details.

Also looking forward to an injury free season! We had enough last year to last us a decade!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I was in Detroit for a Jets game 2 years ago. Nice stadium. Detroit is a place everyone should see with their own eyes, kinda crazy.
One thing I highly recommend in Detroit, the Motown museum, it's in the actual house that was turned into a recording studio that every motown hit was recorded in. I'm not even a motown fan and I thought it was great.
Sponsored links
Old 05-14-2012   #8
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I have been playing with the idea of going to the Jets game. The warm welcome you posted makes it even more tempting.

I have been wanting to do a fall trip to the NE to catch the fall colors, starting the trip with the Jets game may be a great kick.
Old 05-16-2012   #9
Tailgatejoe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I have been playing with the idea of going to the Jets game. The warm welcome you posted makes it even more tempting.

I have been wanting to do a fall trip to the NE to catch the fall colors, starting the trip with the Jets game may be a great kick.
Well, if you have any questions or need info on the stadium, tix, hotels, the area of visiting nj/ny in general just lemme know.
Old 05-27-2012   #10
texan0305
Veteran

Rep Power: 24 texan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famer

I should be at the game in NYJ Joe, I had already scheduled to be in NYC that weekend since my grandpa lives out in Long Island, so it works out perfect! Whatever game you come to in Houston let me know, make sure you stop by our tailgate and say hello. Hope to keep in touch, cant wait for football season!
texan0305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012   #11
Tailgatejoe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan0305 View Post
I should be at the game in NYJ Joe, I had already scheduled to be in NYC that weekend since my grandpa lives out in Long Island, so it works out perfect! Whatever game you come to in Houston let me know, make sure you stop by our tailgate and say hello. Hope to keep in touch, cant wait for football season!
Great! As we get closer to the season we will have more info up on our site.
Old 07-03-2012   #12
KillaWatt99
Namaste

Thanks for the invite Joe! I live in NJ and will definitely be in attendance for the game in October. I'm glad you posted because I didn't think tailgaiting would be much of an option for this game.

I went to the last game (two years ago) when we played at MetLife and the reception for Texans' fans, while not terrible was a little less than desired. Overall, it was a good experience (except for the outcome) with only a handful of JETS fans trying to play the role of intimidators. With all of the stadium violence (SF v. Oak and Dodgers) as of late I wasn't so sure that walking the tailgate grounds would be the most prudent decision. But your blog looks legit and I look forward to checking your tailgate out.

Thanks again. Look forward to getting more info as the date gets closer.
KillaWatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #13
Tailgatejoe
Rookie

Ok guys, just wanted to touch base as we are now heading into the season and I CAN'T WAIT!!
The actual menu for that game won't be up until the week of the game, but it will all be awesome stuff as we use some of the best products in NYC, things like LaFrieda Beef, Esposito's Italian Sausage, and Kelso of Brooklyn beer, google those and you will see what I mean.
Links are now up on tailgatejoe.com to register for the game, just go to the 2012 schedule graphic on the right column.
Like I said earlier, we are always very cool and welcoming toward visiting fans.

If anyone has any questions feel free shoot them out here or pm or email through my site.
Old 09-05-2012   #14
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgatejoe View Post
Well, if you have any questions or need info on the stadium, tix, hotels, the area of visiting nj/ny in general just lemme know.

Hey Joe,

I will be coming by your tailgate with Nate. Can't wait to check it out.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012   #15
Tailgatejoe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2bKay View Post
Hey Joe,

I will be coming by your tailgate with Nate. Can't wait to check it out.
Good stuff!
Old 09-06-2012   #16
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgatejoe View Post
Hey guys, Jets fan here. I run tailgatejoe.com, the largest Jets gameday fanclub/tailgate party at Metlife stadium. Every game we get some visiting team fans, so I thought I would throw out the welcome mat here for any Texans fans coming. We get between 200-300 on average each game. Besides, you aren't divisional foes so I really have no animosity toward your team, lol. Ny group is always cool with the visiting fans so no worries there. We aren't a business, just a bunch of diehard fans who threw a tailgate party that ended up growing into a monster, lol.

Anyone coming to NY/NJ for the game is welcome to join our tailgate festivities. Also, if anyone needs any info on the stadium or traveling to the area and/or restaurant suggestions etc feel free to ask away here.

Here is to a competitive, injury free season to both our teams.

Joe
Can you email me alex@ctpind.com I will be at that game

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #17
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

We have 1 extra, found a good deal on 4 tickets and there are 3 of us

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #18
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Who's the Texns ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012   #19
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, have the plane tickets booked. Next step, finding a place to stay.

Can't wait, this should be a great trip!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read