Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-05-2012   #41
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Generally outside turmoil leads to inner focus for a football team. It's not like they have problems within their locker room. They are going to take an extreme us against the world approach.

Expect the saints to be very focused and to play with a chip on their shoulders this season.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans hype train thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Generally outside turmoil leads to inner focus for a football team. It's not like they have problems within their locker room. They are going to take an extreme us against the world approach.

Expect the saints to be very focused and to play with a chip on their shoulders this season.
I disagree.

What you are describing is one possibility. It is up to the leadership of the team to direct & manage that focus. That's when you know you've got good leadership on your team.

Some teams can keep it together, ignore all the outside noise & accomplish their goals. Others fall apart.
Old 09-06-2012   #43
JVL713
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 JVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not a huge fan of the hype. I appreciate the recognition but I prefer to fly under the radar. Just as it would have been cool to see the Texans on Hard Knocks, I would rather let the media go elsewhere.

Having said that, I think we have a young, focused group with good veteran leadership and very few, if any, divas. It's times like this when having a high-character locker room pays off, I don't think the media will be much of a distraction for those playing. It's also nice not hearing about Tim Tebow every waking hour.
JVL713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012   #44
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 122284 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am excited, I am very excited. But I know that I shouldn't be too confident because one Schaub injury will derail this hype train just like that. I should just embrace the good feeling, but I just have a bad feeling.
Old 09-06-2012   #45
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

We have a good time, but I have no said anything that should be perceived as trash talk all pre season because I know better. We have been down this road before with our former team and I don't want to jinx it.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #46
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23727 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

That would be... words don't exist.
It's called heaven, Dave.

Obnoxious Cowgirls fans would finally be speechless.
Old 09-07-2012   #47
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
It's called heaven, Dave.

Obnoxious Cowgirls fans would finally be speechless.
I hear what you're saying Grams, but I've been noticing a bit of "obnoxiousness" coming from Houston fans after a small amount of success.

Old 09-07-2012   #48
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 225538 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I hear what you're saying Grams, but I've been noticing a bit of "obnoxiousness" coming from Houston fans after a small amount of success.

Oh, please.

We were obnoxious long before we had any success.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #49
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...com-power-poll

NFL.com has us toed for 3rd with the Patriots.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...content_stream

This guy predicts an I-10 Superbowl. Texans vs Saints
Hey! Can I get in on some of that?

Sincerely,

Rex Ryan
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #50
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 221176 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Oh, please.

We were obnoxious long before we had any success.

good one

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read