Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-01-2012   #141
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: REPORT: Keenum vs. Beck, Thur. night, to win the QB3 job

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I don't hate the guy; hope no one is reading that. All I'm saying is that right now, he's not a good fight for us and there are other guys that are.

He has played mistake free football, that is true. A lot of people wanna say he is a gunslinger but flat out you can't be a game manager and a gunslinger.

Idk...I just think once cuts are made we will have better options for that Practice Squad QB. I just don't see Case being that answer.
You're drawing way too many conclusions from 4 games of preseason. I've been saying that Case won't make the 53 for a little bit, but to say he's a wasted spot on the practice squad is just trolling now. There's no way you could definitively say that unless you were on the Texans staff or you are a crazy person.
Old 09-01-2012   #142
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
You're drawing way too many conclusions from 4 games of preseason. I've been saying that Case won't make the 53 for a little bit, but to say he's a wasted spot on the practice squad is just trolling now. There's no way you could definitively say that unless you were on the Texans staff or you are a crazy person.
Did you even read what you quoted me on before running your mouth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL
...right now, he's not a good fight for us and there are other guys that are.
Given that the Texans Staff actually MADE that call and cut him I don't see how what you quoted me as saying is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #143
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86936 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Given that the Texans Staff actually MADE that call and cut him I don't see how what you quoted me as saying is wrong.
I think he's questioning you're comments about better options for the PS. Keenum will be on the Texans PS (which will also be a call made by the Texans Staff).
Old 09-01-2012   #144
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
Let me explain exactly where your logic is as faulty as a blown fuse in regards to Gary's 2 month evaluation of Case's talent (or the other 31 teams for that matter..)

Allow me to insert one name into your argument for you to chew on..

And Flynn will be sitting on the bench watching Wilson at some point in the regular season. Because Pete gave Russel a ton of opportunities to show what he could do. And just FYI, Wilson is shorter than Keenum and both Russel and Case threw the ball with the exact same velocity at the combine...

That's why you need to tap the brakes on saying because Gary cut him he's never going to be an NFL QB..

TJ
Were you there judging the velocity of their throws? Last I saw one of the guys got drafted and beat out a legit QB for a starting spot. The other couldn't beat out John Freaking Beck. Yes the shorter guy.

There's no point in continuing this discussion with you. He lost in a fair competition for the 3rd QB spot.

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 09-01-2012   #145
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"Not a good fight (sic) for us right now." "Will have better options available for practice squad QB."

riiiiiiiiiight.
Old 09-01-2012   #146
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I think he's questioning you're comments about better options for the PS. Keenum will be on the Texans PS (which will also be a call made by the Texans Staff).
To be honest, if he is or isn't I don't really care. We've invested more talking about him than the organization has.

Maybe he is the best we can do for the PS slot. I just want the best possible guy manning the position and not just some local kid.

I haven't looked over the cuts and deciphered who is eligible, I won't lie or randomly pick out some name. I do know that there are some QBs (Kafka, Hoyer) that might be better than our current 3QB.

Quote:
Old 09-01-2012   #147
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
To be honest, if he is or isn't I don't really care. We've invested more talking about him than the organization has.

Maybe he is the best we can do for the PS slot. I just want the best possibly guy manning the position and not just some local kid.

I haven't looked over the cuts and deciphered who is eligible, I won't lie or randomly pick out some name. I do know that there are some QBs (Kafka, Hoyer) that might be better than our current 3QB.
Those guys would take Beck's spot, not Keenum (who would still be on the PS which I'm pretty sure he will be).
Sponsored links
Old 09-01-2012   #148
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
"Not a good fight (sic) for us right now." "Will have better options available for practice squad QB."

riiiiiiiiiight.
Go ahead...keep reading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL
Idk...I just think once cuts are made we will have better options for that Practice Squad QB. I just don't see Case being that answer.
Notice the bold parts? MY opinion. You think differently. Great for you. Want a medal? A cookie? How about a parade? You have your view, I have mine.

Quote:
Old 09-01-2012   #149
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I do not EVEN remember that.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #150
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Go ahead...keep reading...

Notice the bold parts? MY opinion. You think differently. Great for you. Want a medal? A cookie? How about a parade? You have your view, I have mine.
How exactly did you come to these conclusions? legit curious.
Old 09-01-2012   #151
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
Those guys would take Beck's spot, not Keenum (who would still be on the PS which I'm pretty sure he will be).
Is reading comprehension not your thing today? I literally said they would be better 3QB.

Quote:
Old 09-01-2012   #152
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86936 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I do not EVEN remember that.
To be honest, I wouldn't have either, but I went back to the 2011 transaction page to see who was added when Schaub went on IR.
Old 09-01-2012   #153
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Is reading comprehension not your thing today? I literally said they would be better 3QB.
You're jumping from Keenum not being good enough for the P-squad (An opinion you have yet to justify by saying anybody who would even be eligible for the Texans p-squad as a QB, I'll wait for that one) to talking about how Hoyer or Kafka (lol) would be better options at 3QB than Beck. What does that have to do with Keenum, the guy you began your little tirade with in the first place?
Old 09-01-2012   #154
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
You're jumping from Keenum not being good enough for the P-squad (An opinion you have yet to justify by saying anybody who would even be eligible for the Texans p-squad as a QB, I'll wait for that one) to talking about how Hoyer or Kafka (lol) would be better options at 3QB than Beck. What does that have to do with Keenum, the guy you began your little tirade with in the first place?
I pulled it out of my rectal cavity.There happy? Regardless of what I say you're going to disagree. Again YOUR opinion vs MINE.

Had you bothered to read what I wrote you would have seen how I brought those players up.

Quote:
Old 09-01-2012   #155
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenum made it to the PS.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #156
escrimador
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 escrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Of course he would make it. EVERYONE knew he would
escrimador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #157
TheDrifter
All Pro

Rep Power: 18083 TheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So all 31 other teams passed on him. Again.
TheDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #158
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrifter View Post
He didn't have that great of a pre-season, but he has tons of upside to him. A season on the practice squad will help him a lot.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #159
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If they claim him off waivers they have to agree to give him a league minimum salary and roster spot. You can't claim him off waivers and put him directly on your practice squad. We have no idea how many other teams may have wanted him for their practice squad.
Old 09-01-2012   #160
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Just like they passed on Arian Foster in the draft & passed on him again prior to getting to our practice squad.

Who were the running backs that Foster couldn't beat out to get on the 53? Slaton, Samkon Gado, & Chris Brown? Travis Henry?

All I'm saying, is that it says nothing about Beck vs Keenum that Case got cut & put on the practise squad. All we can really say about it is that Smith/Kubiak has a strategy, a plan, & for right now it includes both Beck (who is not ps elegible) & Case who is.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read