Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2012   #81
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79884 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: REPORT: Keenum vs. Beck, Thur. night, to win the QB3 job

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
If Matt goes down it's not going to matter how many backup qb's we have on the roster, we won't be going to the superbowl. You can add 31 other teams that will not go to the superbowl if their starting QB goes down.
Hey, if Schaub gets hurt while leading the Texans to a win in the championship game, we will still be going to the SB.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #82
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79884 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

While Beck seems to be improving under pressure, he only attempts one deep throw in the PS and he was late and short on that pass (to KMart).

We can cut Beck and put Keenum on the PS.
The odds are Beck can be resigned pretty much anytime.
Old 08-31-2012   #83
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenum is a system QB that comes from a school that has produced system qb's that fail in the nfl. He is to short and has a weak arm. If he was'nt from a local school none of you would give him a second look. If you don't believe me then.....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...r-qb-to-handle

http://www.profootballweekly.com/pro...case-keenum-7/

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2011/...owns-nfl-draft

There are a ton of articles just like this that say the same thing.
Old 08-31-2012   #84
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Btw, Keenum was waived:

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli

That's two we know about, Loiseau and Keenum waived. Both would have to clear waivers before possible to put them on practice squad. #Texans
Old 08-31-2012   #85
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like we're carrying 3 QBs.....for the time being

Quote:
Tania Ganguli‏@taniaganguli

QB Beck has made the 53-man roster said a person familiar with his status. So the #Texans will carry three and likely put Keenum on P squad
Old 08-31-2012   #86
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
Keenum is a system QB that comes from a school that has produced system qb's that fail in the nfl. He is to short and has a weak arm. If he was'nt from a local school none of you would give him a second look. If you don't believe me then.....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...r-qb-to-handle

http://www.profootballweekly.com/pro...case-keenum-7/

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2011/...owns-nfl-draft

There are a ton of articles just like this that say the same thing.
I watched about 85% of his game.
I have several game tapes on him.
I know what he's about.

That system he ran has a lot of simliraties to the system that RG II and Weeden ran, OK!

And BTW, Kubiak said Keenum has a good arm (in the most recent press conference).
Old 08-31-2012   #87
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Looks like we're carrying 3 QBs.....for the time being
Cue the griping from the fan club...
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-31-2012   #88
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Which fan club? lol
Old 08-31-2012   #89
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Hey, if Schaub gets hurt while leading the Texans to a win in the championship game, we will still be going to the SB.
You got me.
Old 08-31-2012   #90
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 24531 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

I can understand the cutting of Keenum if you think there's a good chance you can PS him.

I don't get the keeping of Beck. If we get to QB3 we're done. I'd rather be tanking games than keeping a guy that's never stuck anywhere.

It's silly to even do it. I'd be loading up on all of the available free agent o-linemen to protect Schaub rather than wasting a spot on a guy that's never performed when the games really mattered..

I'm concerned about the line and believe that's why Yates really look like he took a step back in the last few games..

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #91
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm disappointed that Case did not make the 53 roster but I'm not surprised. Let's hope he develops more skills on the PS.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #92
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
OK, I'm griping.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #93
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
I can understand the cutting of Keenum if you think there's a good chance you can PS him.

I don't get the keeping of Beck. If we get to QB3 we're done. I'd rather be tanking games than keeping a guy that's never stuck anywhere.

It's silly to even do it. I'd be loading up on all of the available free agent o-linemen to protect Schaub rather than wasting a spot on a guy that's never performed when the games really mattered..

I'm concerned about the line and believe that's why Yates really look like he took a step back in the last few games..

TJ
At least, Beck has shown improvement playing under pressure.
Could very well be that Beck has shown enough improvement in practices, too.

On the other hand, it might be a strategy to let the other teams think that Keenum couldn't beat out Beck, so he must not be any good.
I know it's a conspiracy theory, but heck, I thought I just throw it out there, LOL!
Old 08-31-2012   #94
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

But but but we should've drafted him with our 4th pick. He's gonna set the league on fire.

I'm sorry but the guy just isn't NFL good. Maybe he'll do well in the AFL or the Lingerie League. He's just not an NFL QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #95
76Texan
Hall of Fame

I don't know about other people, I've never said that Keenum will set the league on fire.
Old 08-31-2012   #96
utahmark
markbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post

TJ
We may not be going to the superbowl if our qb's start going down but we are way to good to be tanking games. Our defense alone gives us a shot to win most games.

What if Matt goes down for a couple of weeks and then TJ gets hurt. Maybe we need a qb for 1 or 2 games to help us till Matt gets back. Would'nt you want a guy who has been on our roster all year preparing to play rather than a guy off the street.
Old 08-31-2012   #97
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 24531 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude, he's thrown 16 passes. What credentials do you have to say he isn't NFL good?

I understand the hate for Case-lovers, but not the hate for Case..

TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
But but but we should've drafted him with our 4th pick. He's gonna set the league on fire.

I'm sorry but the guy just isn't NFL good. Maybe he'll do well in the AFL or the Lingerie League. He's just not an NFL QB.
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #98
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I don't know about other people, I've never said that Keenum will set the league on fire.

He's just getting his troll on. Only the most foolish Keenum fans thought he'd light it up as a rookie. He's a player you develop if you have that luxury and inclination. Kubiak will keep him around for a little while just because he's a scrapper who doesn't give up. Eventually he'll have to step up to the next level or Kubiak will move on to another project.
Old 08-31-2012   #99
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
He's just getting his troll on. Only the most foolish Keenum fans thought he'd light it up as a rookie. He's a player you develop if you have that luxury and inclination. Kubiak will keep him around for a little while just because he's a scrapper who doesn't give up. Eventually he'll have to step up to the next level or Kubiak will move on to another project.
Which is pretty much what most of us wanted for Case, a chance, and an extra chance again on the practice squad if need be. I'm now hoping he clears waviers so he can be on our PS.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #100
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I agree. It's slightly less annoying than VY fanboys.
OK, I just went over to coogfans.com. Good Lord there are some blind homers over there that have no concept of NFL football. But still as bad as they are, they can not hold a candle to the VY fans.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read