Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2012   #21
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mike Greenberg jinxs Texans 2012 season, calls them 'best team in football'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
When Bill Parcells was asked about a Super Bowl prediction, he predicted the Texans to win it all yesterday. :o
He picked Texans Bears. I don't think he picked a winner.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012   #22
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 33670 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mike Greenberg jinxs Texans 2012 season, calls them 'best team in football'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
He picked Texans Bears. I don't think he picked a winner.
Oh, my bad -- I probably misheard it.

That's still quite a surprise. We're finally getting recognition.
Old 08-30-2012   #23
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is the classic NFL media train prediction. This guy has looked at what the team did last season, added back in all the inured guys, then projected our draft picks at 100% of their potential, and forgotten about what we've lost. I can't stand that type of lazy reporting.

I personally think between getting back the injured guys, losing the right side of the line and a few key (non starting) contributers, its pretty much down to how well our draft picks step up and the 2nd year guys come on, I'm fairly confident because I believe the changes we've made will build us to last for years, but I don't believe you can make statements like 'best team in football' just yet.

Sure, I think they have a chance to be at the top table this season, but it isn't a given.

Also saw Duane Brown claiming that our O is the best in football on NFL.com's first and 10 email, Duane is great and all but I'm concerned when I read him telling the local media how he's having to get on the ass of the right side of the line's new starters for a lack of effort in practice, then telling the national media that we're the best there is.

I'm happy with the off-season we've had because I can fully understand the line of thinking the FO have going forward, its just I'm unsure whether that gives us a progression on the field this year or whether we'll get ourselves into the playoffs and see what we can do then.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #24
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I know the team will be hungry regardless, but I still hate being favorites or "near"-favorites. Too much attention.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #25
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

What still concerns me most is the IF part. IF Schaub stays healthy. IF A.J. stays healthy. Heck, IF Cushing stays healthy (u never know who's going down). Schaub is one sack away from proving he has been injury prone his whole career and A.J. is one step away from proving he has been for 2 years now. Just because it's not their fault, they're doing everything they can to avoid it, and A.J. even laughs about it he finds it so unbelievable, doesn't really make it an impossibility.

PS-I do realize I worry about this issue every year. It would be a rare thing if I didn't worry about some player's health on the field.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #26
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

All you girlie girls need to get your garlic and mistletoe so you can skip the punctured neck while kissing Santa Clause, stuff your superstitions up your backside we are gonna prove Greenie right
Old 08-30-2012   #27
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I know the team will be hungry regardless, but I still hate being favorites or "near"-favorites. Too much attention.
My sentiments!! All this pre-season hype scares me. I BELIEVE in our team, and know without a doubt they will do everything possible to live up to the hype, but, I'd rather be the team that slips in the backdoor and kicks some a*s all the way to NOLA, than the one that is predicted to BE THERE and isn't! Color me jaded I guess. Just hesitant to get my hopes up. Reality truly sucks!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-30-2012   #28
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Mike & Mike In The Morning

They also went through an interesting exercise: You're betting your house, your child's education, whatever sum that represents your 1000% confidence ..... what NFL teams have zero chance of winning the Super Bowl this year?
I'd have to go with the Brownies.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #29
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
All these years various folks - on this board - have been whining "we don't get no respect."
"We don't get no love."
Now that we have finally earned some national attention/respect/"love", we's a skeerd of it.

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #30
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Mike & Mike In The Morning is doing their 'Two-a-Days' on NFL teams and Mike Greenberg applies his notorious jinx on the Texans by not only predicting a 12-4 season but also stating the Houston team is "the best team in football" barring injuries.

They also went through an interesting exercise: You're betting your house, your child's education, whatever sum that represents your 1000% confidence ..... what NFL teams have zero chance of winning the Super Bowl this year?
Quoted this post and read nothing since. Mike & Mike??? Really???
Old 08-30-2012   #31
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
All these years various folks - on this board - have been whining "we don't get no respect."
"We don't get no love."
Now that we have finally earned some national attention/respect/"love", we's a skeerd of it.

Took notice of that as well, huh?

What's a mother to do?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #32
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
10-6 with the Texans running away with the division.
If 10-6 is "running away with the division" then our division sucks. If our division sucks..... we'll probably be 1 & done in the play-offs. Like the Colts & Chargers of years past, we'll be good, but not as good as we think... after dominating a weak division.

We'll be overconfident..... maybe even convinced we could "turn-it on" when we need to.

IMO, those are the things that will make this year the toughest for Kubiak. Success is a mother.
Old 08-30-2012   #33
heymak
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 heymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
There's an idea! A game between the two worst teams and the winner gets the #1 pick!
I like it. Play it instead of the Probowl and have a Probowl awards presentation at the half. 1st teamers only.
heymak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #34
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
If 10-6 is "running away with the division" then our division sucks. If our division sucks..... we'll probably be 1 & done in the play-offs. Like the Colts & Chargers of years past, we'll be good, but not as good as we think... after dominating a weak division.

We'll be overconfident..... maybe even convinced we could "turn-it on" when we need to.

IMO, those are the things that will make this year the toughest for Kubiak. Success is a mother.
Don't tell that to last year's Giants.
Old 08-30-2012   #35
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _superMario90_ View Post
Don't tell that to last year's Giants.
Did they run away with their division?

Three teams were in a fight for the division in the last two weeks of the season. The Cowboys could have won the division with a win over the Giants week 17.
Old 08-31-2012   #36
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Did they run away with their division?

Three teams were in a fight for the division in the last two weeks of the season. The Cowboys could have won the division with a win over the Giants week 17.
Everybody was 9-7 and all had gigantic glaring flaws going into the last few weeks.
Old 08-31-2012   #37
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Everybody was 9-7 and all had gigantic glaring flaws going into the last few weeks.
My point was that the Giants didn't run away with a 9-7 record. Three of those teams were still scrapping in the last two weeks for the division. They were overcoming adversity every step of the way.

Which is why I was so optimistic about the Texans chances of getting to the SuperBowl last year, the way they continued to overcome diversity. I still think we would have made it to the AFC Championship game if Gary didn't Kubiak us.

But it is what it is.
Old 08-31-2012   #38
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymak View Post
I like it. Play it instead of the Probowl and have a Probowl awards presentation at the half. 1st teamers only.
It should probably be loser gets the pick because QBs wouldn't want to play their heart out so their teams can replace them with the top pick.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #39
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
"We don't get no love."

Well, I never bitched about that.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #40
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

isnt any of the elite teams SB bound "Barring Injuries " LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read