Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2012   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mike Greenberg jinxs Texans 2012 season, calls them 'best team in football'

Mike & Mike In The Morning is doing their 'Two-a-Days' on NFL teams and Mike Greenberg applies his notorious jinx on the Texans by not only predicting a 12-4 season but also stating the Houston team is "the best team in football" barring injuries.

They also went through an interesting exercise: You're betting your house, your child's education, whatever sum that represents your 1000% confidence ..... what NFL teams have zero chance of winning the Super Bowl this year?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012   #2
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mike Greenberg jinxs Texans 2012 season, calls them 'best team in football'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
They also went through an interesting exercise: You're betting your house, your child's education, whatever sum that represents your 1000% confidence ..... what NFL teams have zero chance of winning the Super Bowl this year?
There are a lot, but I'd roll with the Arizona Cardinals.
Old 08-29-2012   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mike Greenberg jinxs Texans 2012 season, calls them 'best team in football'

Greenberg is a dooooooosh. Jets fan boy, and now he's all up in the Texans' business. I respect Golic's opinions much more.

Greenberg just seems like a weasel, the guy you love to hang out with and crack jokes with...but he's never around when you need him to help move furniture. Know what I mean? We all have a Greenberg or two in our personal lives. Amen?
Old 08-29-2012   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Id go with Jacksonville Jaguars. No chance of superbowl
Old 08-29-2012   #5
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69042 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Id go with Jacksonville Jaguars. No chance of superbowl
I'll hedge my bet and call it a dead heat between the Dolphins and the Browns.
Old 08-29-2012   #6
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts are gonna be pretty bad as well.
Old 08-29-2012   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
They're going to be the worst, imo. Their oline was horrible to start and now they've lost LT Levi Brown for the season. They have no clue who their starting QB's going to be. It won't matter who starts because they're going to be getting crushed. The last preseason game I saw is how I have them projected to play. Horrible blocking = Very bad decisions by QB
Old 08-29-2012   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

We R Duumed.

There are a lot of teams I don't expect to get a whiff of the SB:
Jets, Bills, Dolphins, Browns, Titans, Jags, Colts, Chiefs, Redskins, Cowboys, Vikings, Buccs, Rams, and Cardinals.

It's hard to choose between those teams. I'll go with the Browns.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Miami Dolphins have zero chance of reaching the Super Bowl. If they somehow managed to do so it would be renamed the Super Bowel.

That's assuming their opponent was the Cardinals of course.
Old 08-29-2012   #10
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Browns are the team I would go with, followed closely by the Vikings. Both the Browns & Vikings have multiple teams inside their division that will be extremely hard to overtake (Bears, Packers, Steelers, Ravens) for a playoff spot.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012   #11
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is the link to the podcast...

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8312997

Let the had wringing and lamentation begin.

The Greenie curse is almost as powerful as the Madden Curse.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012   #12
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Dolphins, they're going to be god-awful.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012   #13
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
Here is the link to the podcast...

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8312997

Let the had wringing and lamentation begin.

The Greenie curse is almost as powerful as the Madden Curse.

Let's not get too out of hand here. Can you actually name any instances where he names a team and they didn't succeed? I watch Mike and Mike in the morning, and honestly I don't take Greenberg as seriously as I do Golic. If Golic were to predict it, I would be a little more scared just because, curses are weird.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012   #14
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I predicted 12-4 season and a Superbowl win this year over 2 seasons ago, my prediction is stronger than Greenie's curse!
Old 08-29-2012   #15
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

When Bill Parcells was asked about a Super Bowl prediction, he predicted the Texans to win it all yesterday. :o
Old 08-29-2012   #16
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
When Bill Parcells was asked about a Super Bowl prediction, he predicted the Texans to win it all yesterday. :o
I don't know if Tuna Love will be good karma or bad??
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012   #17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

What'd Golic say?

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012   #18
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
What'd Golic say?
10-6 with the Texans running away with the division.
Old 08-29-2012   #19
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Let's not get too out of hand here. Can you actually name any instances where he names a team and they didn't succeed? I watch Mike and Mike in the morning, and honestly I don't take Greenberg as seriously as I do Golic. If Golic were to predict it, I would be a little more scared just because, curses are weird.
Less of a curse, more of a jinx...

He has a propensity for having his predictions go awry. It's a running gag on the show. So much so that he quips that people in Houston are pulling over on the side of the road and crying because he picked the Texans. the 4:22 mark of the podcast.
Old 08-29-2012   #20
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Miami Dolphins have zero chance of reaching the Super Bowl. If they somehow managed to do so it would be renamed the Super Bowel.

That's assuming their opponent was the Cardinals of course.
There's an idea! A game between the two worst teams and the winner gets the #1 pick!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read