Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: It is that time of year again...
David 161 76.67%
Byron 49 23.33%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2005   #1
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Byron or Carr

Who is going to have a better season?
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

This poll depends on who's message board you post on. Don't be surprised if you are the only one who votes for Byron. Try this same poll on the Jag message board and you'll feel a lot better.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005   #3
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I've got to go with David. Byron may have to start the year off without Fred, and could be without him all year. Carr has DD, and Morency should provide a little help when DD gets dinged up. Having a good running game will go along way in how well a QB will perform. IMO The Texans still have the edge when it comes to WRs, and any QB that has AJ making catches for him has a good chance of having a very good season. We still have Gaffney, Bradford, and Armstrong. The addition of Mathis only strengthens our WR depth as we still have Starling who performed well at times last year. The Jags WRs will need to become more consistent, and Williams will need to show he was worth a 1st Round pick last year. Jones could be a very good WR, or he could be just another combine champion.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005   #4
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
This poll depends on who's message board you post on. Don't be surprised if you are the only one who votes for Byron. Try this same poll on the Jag message board and you'll feel a lot better.

Actually this poll is going just as I expected...

I think that Having Jimmy to throw too, is a better option than AJ, Jimmy proved that much last year, remember the poll I started? How AJ went to the Pro Bowl ahead of Jimmy is beyond me. It made it all too clear in my eye's that performance on the field is not the criteria the NFL uses to send players to the Pro Bowl~!! :brickwall

I think Byron is far and away a better QB than Carr, I will be willing top go as far as saying that Byron will have a better season than Peyaton this year. Byron is just as tough as Carr, having proved that with a broken leg in college.

Just keep the poll rolling, not that I don't have confidence in Carr, it's just that I hold Byron in the highest esteem. I think that our division has the best QB's of any division in this league.
Old 05-26-2005   #5
TexanDave
Veteran

Rep Power: 880 TexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respected

Did you vote twice?
TexanDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005   #6
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
They have one. Viking, bch, whatever you call him...must not like what was said over there.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005   #7
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsbch
Actually this poll is going just as I expected...

I think that Having Jimmy to throw too, is a better option than AJ, Jimmy proved that much last year, remember the poll I started? How AJ went to the Pro Bowl ahead of Jimmy is beyond me. It made it all too clear in my eye's that performance on the field is not the criteria the NFL uses to send players to the Pro Bowl~!! :brickwall

I think Byron is far and away a better QB than Carr, I will be willing top go as far as saying that Byron will have a better season than Peyaton this year. Byron is just as tough as Carr, having proved that with a broken leg in college.

Just keep the poll rolling, not that I don't have confidence in Carr, it's just that I hold Byron in the highest esteem. I think that our division has the best QB's of any division in this league.

Jimmy Smith is already near the twighlight at his career. Andre Johnson is clearly a better option to throw to. hes bigger, stronger, proly more athletic, and definitely younger.
Old 05-26-2005   #8
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

this is my non-bias opinion....david carr has the edge over byron leftwich. carr has never lost a game to byron. carr is clearly more gifted physically, not to mention, he has waaaaay more mobility than leftwich. carr may also be more durable than leftwich. leftwich is too injury prone, and being a pocket QB like himself doesnt help matters. the only thing that byron has working for him is an established team with a stellar defense that allows him to get more snaps bc they keep the opposing offense off the field. carr's recieving core is also alot better than the jags. your best reciever is already fixing to get to the downhill of his career. he can still be a great performer, but AJ is definitely the better guy at this point and the WR depth of the texans is way better. If our offensive line can actually protect david carr instead of giving up 6 sacks per game (as was the case versus the stinking browns last yr.), then carr should put up some pretty solid numbers.

Last edited by TexanFanInCC; 05-26-2005 at 09:32 AM.
TexanFanInCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005   #9
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC
the only thing that byron has working for him is an established team with a stellar defense that allows him to get more snaps by keeping the opposing offense off the field.
Yeah, Leftwich doesnt win the Bills game and the Broncos game if it isn't for your defense.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005   #10
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Carr will always have a leg up on Byron, HE CAN RUN!
ROFLMMAO!

They had a thread over at Jag central that Lefty was being traded to the Texans awhile back. *pause for the laughter to subside*
http://www.jaguars.com/mb/default.aspx?f=6&p=1&m=409784 (other thread is gone due to cleanup, and so are my posts on the above thread. THAT is funny!). Wish they still had the original thread.

Anyway, I had told them we didn't need an anchor here, we needed wheels. They believe he has wheels. Funny lot, they are.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005   #11
ojthecat
Veteran

Hey Jagsbch, I have one word for you and both of your Jag lovin friends.

SCOREBOARD
Old 05-26-2005   #12
Jagsbch
Veteran

Thumbs up

Quote:
Jimmy Smith is already near the twighlight at his career. Andre Johnson is clearly a better option to throw to. hes bigger, stronger, proly more athletic, and definitely younger.
How you can say AJ is clearly a better option to throw too is beyond me. Jimmy did more to help the Jags win last season than AJ did for the Texans. The only thing clear is that you were not paying attention. Everything your are saying was said and proved wrong last season, and now that Jimmy has three excellent WR's to help take the heat off of his back, and a OC who is going to untie Byrons hands, the sky is the limmit for both Jimmy and Byron this season.
Old 05-26-2005   #13
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

so ur sayin that u would rather have jimmy over AJ??
Old 05-26-2005   #14
Jagsbch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojthecat
Hey Jagsbch, I have one word for you and both of your Jag lovin friends.

SCOREBOARD
Look the Jaguars have always been known for their playing down to teams, Texans pretty much proven this Reality. For some reason the Jags have had a rough time getting it up for the Texans, Maybe we feel sorry about how the whoel Tony deal went down, or we just want to make our division look tough, or who knows, but I suspect this reality will be a thing of the past. I just love how you all gloat about us playing down to you, I guess I won't feel bad smacking you all around when we sweep you all this season, but don't feel bad we will be sweeping the entire division.
Old 05-26-2005   #15
Jagsbch
Veteran

Quote:
so ur sayin that u would rather have jimmy over AJ??
2005 season... Absolutely~!! Jimmy is not only still playing in his prime, but the way he has taken our younger WRing corp under his belt makes his asset to the team a priceless one ~!!
Old 05-26-2005   #16
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

take a look at AJ's numbers during the last 4 weeks of 2004...

week 14 vs colts...3 rec. 34 yds.
week 15 at bears...2 rec. 31 yds.
week 16 at jags...4 rec. 46 yds.
week 17 vs browns...2 rec. 13 yds.

if david carr would have thrown to him the same amount of times he did in the earlier part of the season, AJ could have finished with 90+ catches and nearly 1500 yds. too bad our o-line stank late last yr.
TexanFanInCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005   #17
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Look the Jaguars have always been known for their playing down to teams, Texans pretty much proven this Reality. For some reason the Jags have had a rough time getting it up for the Texans, Maybe we feel sorry about how the whoel Tony deal went down, or we just want to make our division look tough, or who knows, but I suspect this reality will be a thing of the past. I just love how you all gloat about us playing down to you, I guess I won't feel bad smacking you all around when we sweep you all this season, but don't feel bad we will be sweeping the entire division.
spoken like a true homer....

its not our faults that yall play down to teams....it just means that ur team has some issues.

and theres no way that yall are going to sweep indy.
Old 05-26-2005   #18
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How you can say AJ is clearly a better option to throw too is beyond me. Jimmy did more to help the Jags win last season than AJ did for the Texans. The only thing clear is that you were not paying attention. Everything your are saying was said and proved wrong last season, and now that Jimmy has three excellent WR's to help take the heat off of his back, and a OC who is going to untie Byrons hands, the sky is the limmit for both Jimmy and Byron this season.
The numbers between the two are almost equal. Jimmy Smith has been 75-80 catch, 1100 yard machine over his career. That said, I am still looking for the 3 good WRs to help him. Wilford made two exciting catches and nothing else. Matt Jones is a big time project. Reggie Williams had the worse season for any WR who was a clear starter on his team. Smith is descending and AJ assending. Age alone make AJ a more attractive commodity.

Honestly, they would be great compliments to each other (Jimmy Smith and AJ), but that is not possible.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005   #19
texansfan88
All Pro

I was objective and chose Leftwich.

His O coordinator will let him throw down field
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005   #20
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
. . .and now that Jimmy has three excellent WR's to help take the heat off of his back. . .
Ummm, yeah, uhhh....can you name me those 3 excellent WRs???

Before you answer, I think you should know:
ex·cel·lent adj.
1. Of the highest or finest quality; exceptionally good of its kind.
2. Archaic. Superior.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read